Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:slap You really don't get it.

Commission Joe Dunaway to paint your statues up and see how much it sets you back.

I'd understand your issues if this turned out bad but that isn't the case here.
You are never going to get proto shading and precision.

Commission Joe Dunaway to paint your statues up and see how much it sets you back.

You are never going to get proto shading and precision.

But that said, this is looking damn close!

You are never going to get proto shading and precision unless you buy statues from XM studios.

Fixed!

Although I think Apocalypse looks just fine from pictures thus far. Will make my final decision when he's sitting on my desk

Love what I'm seeing so far. My final flex is on the 25th. Looking forward to setting up Apoc in my collection. Keep the pics and videos coming.

Time will tell Tavegg. XM has had one release so far and it is effectively double the cost of a regular PF.

I certainly won't justify spending $1000-1200 for the minute differences.

I paid $651 shipped for my XM cap. Double the price is stretching it a bit. To each their own but coming directly from a huge SS fan (90% of my collection) XM just put a whooping on SS paint and QC department with the release of their cap. Will they repeat? I don't know. Well have to wait and find out

I paid $651 shipped for my XM cap. Double the price is stretching it a bit. To each their own but coming directly from a huge SS fan (90% of my collection) XM just put a whooping on SS paint and QC department with the release of their cap. Will they repeat? I don't know. Well have to wait and find out

Through simplytoys you offset cost by increasing risk. Simplytoys would leave you to fend for yourself if any damage occured in transit.

So your other options are Secret Compass and Specfiction. They will get it to you for $800 or more.

I'm going to be scanning this all day waiting for your HD pics!
lol I'll put some up hopefully sooner than later man
Me too! Can't wait to see what you think.
I Actually just got the call from my aunt to say it just got delivered! but not going home yet. gotta fix the guys car with whom I got into an accident with

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon
6ady6ahy.jpg

Through simplytoys you offset cost by increasing risk. Simplytoys would leave you to fend for yourself if any damage occured in transit.

So your other options are Secret Compass and Specfiction. They will get it to you for $800 or more.

I went through Simply Toys too. While Simply Toys might not be a big help if something goes wrong with your statue, XM does have other people you can work with to get issues resolved. I am very impressed with XM so far both in terms of quality of product and their customer service policies. That being said, it is only an n=1 sample size so far. If they can continue to maintain those levels for future offerings, then XM will continue to get my business.

I took a look at the proto pics again, and from photos posted if the production one, it does look a little washed out. To be honest though, it still looks great. Posters above are right. Chinese factory workers can only do so much. Even the pics if the xm captain america don't look great to me. There will always be something off. In the end, it's all done by hand, so human error will always occur. I think under better lighting conditions and better photos, this should look awesome though.

I went through Simply Toys too. While Simply Toys might not be a big help if something goes wrong with your statue, XM does have other people you can work with to get issues resolved. I am very impressed with XM so far both in terms of quality of product and their customer service policies. That being said, it is only an n=1 sample size so far. If they can continue to maintain those levels for future offerings, then XM will continue to get my business.

Just saying...

Nothing wrong with a little competition boys. It's better for everyone in this hobby.

I took a look at the proto pics again, and from photos posted if the production one, it does look a little washed out. To be honest though, it still looks great. Posters above are right. Chinese factory workers can only do so much. Even the pics if the xm captain america don't look great to me. There will always be something off. In the end, it's all done by hand, so human error will always occur. I think under better lighting conditions and better photos, this should look awesome though.

Not to mention that there is a big difference in Average Joe taking pics and the professional studio with ideal lighting.

Someone at SF showed two pics of Apoc in the same location. One looks more washed out than the other. Judging off crap pictures is premature

Apocalypse-Premium-Format-Figure-Sideshow-Collectibles-SDCC-2013.jpg

SDCC-2013-Photos-Apocalypse-Premium-Format-Figure-with-Chainsaw-Arm-e1374120785297.jpg
[/

The second one looks more like what the production piece looks like in most recent pics

I just received mine. He looks great. Alot lighter then I thought he would be tho. Skaar is like 2 times heavier. Haven't found anything wrong with it, yet...

The second one looks more like what the production piece looks like in most recent pics

Yes that is accurate. To me it is too faded. I don't know why companies are so jaded about doing rich colorful vibrant paint jobs. Why does everything have to be so damn dull?

The blue on Apocs armor pieces and weapons should be a more richer sheened up blue. Then up the rich blue and gray tones on Apoc to balance the increase in blues on the armor.

But hell....I'm not making these statues, so what should I know?

It could also be because Olivetti's art, the one they used as inspiration is a more toned down look in terms of colours palette. I personally prefer it. Yes a brighter color would've made it pop more, but this makes him look grittier and darker like he should

Damn looks like mine got delayed by customs and missed the boat today. Should be here tomorrow and I get to enjoy a beer with my favorite fedex driver at the same time. Grats to everyone whom got him today.

Good news is customs didn't open it up so it should arrive with no major problems

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Damn looks like mine got delayed by customs and missed the boat today. Should be here tomorrow and I get to enjoy a beer with my favorite fedex driver at the same time. Grats to everyone whom got him today.

Good news is customs didn't open it up so it should arrive with no major problems

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
no worries man. I won't be opening mine up for another few hours at least

Back