Anyone ever buy a statue off ebay at a great price?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a few per-orders on eBay at the moment. :slap

No way would I pay upfront, didn't even have to put a deposit down.

I like the way you think. I was always wondering why someone would pay up front for something that has yet to be put out. Unless its by the people who make it, even a deposit is off. What your doing is giving the person money to buy your item. It's not like its a in stock item where they pay for it. They are using your money.

If this is the case. I guess I can PO everything put it on eBay what sells for 50% more then what it cost me. I keep, if not I cancel it.

The other advantage is because I'm buying from a European seller I will get the chance to see plenty of in hand pictures on here before parting with my cash.
If SS has its all too often QC issues with a piece I can just cancel. Very wise especially as I've ordered a Hulk Maquette which isn't a cheap purchase.

I had a direct order from SS for the Classic Predator Statue and was lucky enough to cancel on the day it was due to be shipped.

I've nabbed a few decent deals through evilbay by compromising with the seller. Buy it now is the devils work and should be banned, else it's just like amazon.

Since you seem to have a ton of statues. I only have one and two on the way. Do these brake easy? I know shipping it happens, this is why I only buy them from SSC. But in hand. I understand if it falls but if someone picks it up how do they hold up?

Yes! These statues break very easy. I still now have 3 claims going on, 2 have been solved. One word of warning if you used USPS you will have a hell of a time to try to get your money back. :lecture but I know we don't have all day to talk about them. So be warned. Ordering from SS will save you all the hassles that buying from reg sellers. :wink1: as for handling them, I don't pay too much attention to it. I yank them and push them all over. Almost broke a few by doing that. :gah: I know I need to be more careful so I am now. :)

Haha no **** was it cap?

Yeh...:panic: :monkey2
Why didn't I just go for it? :slap
He looks really good, only found out from your review that its not all fabric which is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Was going to just order one before with my winnings... until Tranmere conceded with the last kick of the game :slap cost me £185.

Yes! These statues break very easy. I still now have 3 claims going on, 2 have been solved. One word of warning if you used USPS you will have a hell of a time to try to get your money back. :lecture but I know we don't have all day to talk about them. So be warned. Ordering from SS will save you all the hassles that buying from reg sellers. :wink1: as for handling them, I don't pay too much attention to it. I yank them and push them all over. Almost broke a few by doing that. :gah: I know I need to be more careful so I am now. :)

I don't get anything ship by the US Mail. I make it very clear to the seller only UPS or Fedex ONLY!!! If you have seen some of my older post you will see what happen one week. I bought 7 Star Wars 1/6. I make it clear to the sellers before bidding and paying. Ship by UPS or Fedex only. 3 UPS great, 2 Fedex again great, and two just said the hell with it and did not listen to me. Those two I never pickup I had to go to the post office and they try to give me boxes that was ran over by trucks. In the end the seller was out the money for the item, shipping, fee's, etc.

BTW I even offer to us my UPS/Fedex account and have the item pickup at my cost. Those two told me no.

Yeh...:panic: :monkey2
Why didn't I just go for it? :slap
He looks really good, only found out from your review that its not all fabric which is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Was going to just order one before with my winnings... until Tranmere conceded with the last kick of the game :slap cost me £185.

Yeah it's pretty nice how it all blends together in that PF. Haha ouch that's typical I've been ****ed by coupons at the last minute too:mad::lol

Yeah it's pretty nice how it all blends together in that PF. Haha ouch that's typical I've been ****ed by coupons at the last minute too:mad::lol

You got to use a coupon :hi5: I have yet to use on. Then again I have yet to get any deals from SSC. Seem's them come after I buy this or that.

You got to use a coupon :hi5: I have yet to use on. Then again I have yet to get any deals from SSC. Seem's them come after I buy this or that.

:lol He was referring to my last minute loss at the hands of a football coupon...or soccer to you guys.
I predicted 3 results and was let down by the last kick of the last game :slap

:lol He was referring to my last minute loss at the hands of a football coupon...or soccer to you guys.
I predicted 3 results and was let down by the last kick of the last game :slap

Don't watch both. Then again I don't watch live TV so I would have miss this anyway. I was just thinking. Cool someone used a SSC coupon.

Hey Irvy.
That guy still has a Capt. I'm really tempted, what do you think?

Can't find a thread for it on here, anyone got a link?
Heard a bit about googly eyes?

Last edited:
:clap Madame is such a sexy statue! So is the Disney one you posted! :clap I liked both a lot. :hi5: congrats on both!!!! Love your shelves in the pics! I see you own a she hulk there too. One of my all time favorites and my very first SS PF!

Thank You for the compliments; CBG, just wanted to share with you and others you can still make a Great Score from time to time and show them off

Back