Anybody ever attempt a custom battle-damaged robocop?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanceGavinDance

Super Freak
Reaction score
I think a custom hot toys battle damage robocop would be insanely awesome with bullet holes, cracked visor, dents, and the jackhammer marks from robocop 2. I would'nt have the guts to attempt it myself, but was wondering if anyone has made such a thing :D

I don't understand why HT didn't do one in the first place. Even if they couldn't get Peter Wellers likeness rights, there was battle damage before he removed his helmet/chin strap etc that they could have done.

i think the closest we'll ever get is the mcfarlane one.
but i still say a battle damaged robo figure doesn't count unless it has the Weller head.
and i've never seen a decent custom one of those.

i think the closest we'll ever get is the mcfarlane one.
but i still say a battle damaged robo figure doesn't count unless it has the Weller head.
and i've never seen a decent custom one of those.

Agreed. I like the Mcfarlane Battle Damaged Robo. I think it's one of the best 12" figures Mcfarlane has ever made. And it runs for around $25-$30. Can't beat that.

It would make for a very cool figure... if they made it from the first movie I think it would certainly increase the popularity of the BD ED-209.

But honestly my guess is HT is done with Robocop. I'd love to see a custom using the HT figure... but that would be one expensive figure to customize.

I would buy one, if it was from the first film with Peter Weller head.

This would be sweet with removable helmet .........

robocop02.jpg

I had custom damaged an old Tsukuda Hobby 1/6 Robo, but lost interest when Hot Toys came out with their Robo figure. I had also added the HUIA model exposed head to it which I did intensive detail improvement on.

Once I got the HT Robo, I took the HUIA head off of the Tsukuda body and put it on the HT figure. The detail isn't 100% crispy like the HT's figure so I intend to finish the figure with the same BD I did to the model. This project has been collecting dust for a while though.

Here's some WIP pics.

HPIM2602.jpg

HPIM2603.jpg

HPIM2604.jpg

HPIM2606.jpg

Soft vinyl is easy to battle damage, but the hard plastic will be a biznitch which is why I haven't started it yet.
HPIM3586.jpg

HPIM3587.jpg

HPIM3588.jpg

HPIM3589.jpg

HPIM3590.jpg

HPIM3592.jpg

Fine work on that sculpt! Looks awesome!!!

I used to have that model kit when I was a kid, really great looking :rock

This figure would be a prime candidate for the DX series. Removeable helmet with Peter Weller likeness. Interchangeable armor plates for various degrees of battle damage. Make it Hot Toys. And fix the rubber dome on ED-209.

I was not aware of this? 1/6 scale?
Can you tell me more?

I don't think there's much more to tell. HT announced it a couple years ago, but has been pretty quiet since then. Last summer they were asked in an interview if Cain was still in the works - they confirmed yes, but the project was backburnered.

Not sure if we'll ever see him :dunno

Back