Any Photoshop Skilled Freak Want to Help a Fellow Horror Fan Out?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went for a more clean and streamlined look.

cover2sml.jpg

FULL SIZE (1000x1250)
https://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2548/cover2big.jpg

:wave

WOW Devil, I love that one too!

It looks like I'll be making them with variant covers! My fiance's parents own a basic print shop, so I'm just going to spend an afternoon there and I'll make some with all of the different covers people here do.

Know what would be neat? If yours had a variant with all of the more modern ones instead.

Finally, thanks to everyone who has helped with this!!! :D

I like that alternate version.

I guess you could consider being deranged a disability for Leatherface and Norman Bates, but what is Michael Myers' disability?

Really, he shouldn't be included in this category. He is just evil. No disability. Unless you say he is disable to die, but since that's not a real word...

Uhm...Leatherface is retarded. Gunnar Hansen played him as such after he visited a home for the mentally disabled and retarded. Thats why he makes those odd sounds. Hansen met someone who did that.

Really, he shouldn't be included in this category. He is just evil. No disability.

He could be classified as mentally disabled since he's an adult that has the mind of a child. The proper term would be "Psychiatric Disability" i.e. mental illness that prevents a person from leading a "normal" life.

Keep in mind I'm talking about the original version of the character. Not what the character eventually became because Michael Myers, like Jason Voorhees changed over numerous sequels to become more like supernatural boogiemen as opposed to their original incarnations.

I'm assuming ozzfan84's book is not just about Physical Disabilities but Disability in general and how Hollywood handles that on-screen in movies. So that would also include mental disability as well. I would guess.

:dunno

:lol:lol:lol

He could be classified as mentally disabled since he's an adult that has the mind of a child. The proper term would be "Psychiatric Disability" i.e. mental illness that prevents a person from leading a "normal" life.

Keep in mind I'm talking about the original version of the character. Not what the character eventually became because Michael Myers, like Jason Voorhees changed over numerous sequels to become more like supernatural boogiemen as opposed to their original incarnations.

I'm assuming ozzfan84's book is not just about Physical Disabilities but Disability in general and how Hollywood handles that on-screen in movies. So that would also include mental disability as well. I would guess.

:dunno

:lol:lol:lol

That was my assumption too... which would explain Bates. Clearly not disfigured or disabled, but with a mental health problem.

I'm actually a psychologist and would really like to read this as well. I've noticeed this trend in horror movies, but never put together the scope of how many horror villians would be considered to have a disability.

BTW, you could also add in Cesar the Somnabalist from "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari".

And really cool covers Devil and Anton :rock

Uhm...Leatherface is retarded. Gunnar Hansen played him as such after he visited a home for the mentally disabled and retarded. Thats why he makes those odd sounds. Hansen met someone who did that.

I stand corrected. I forgot he was a bit retarded and not just influenced by his deranged family. Good call.

I respectfully, but totally disagree. I've never seen Michael as childlike. The fact that he drives away from Smith's Grove without ever learning how suggests a complete lack of childlikeness. And his is not a mental illness. Loomis makes it plainly clear that the mental catatonia is an act put on by Myers, and that Michael is pure evil waiting inhumanly patient for the right time to be triggered back into action. The whole premise even in the first movie is that he is a supernatural entity inhabiting a human form. And the fact that he is shot six times in the first movie and still gets up and walks away suggests that he is certainly not human.

Last edited:
Okay, the childlike thing I can see is open for interpretation. That's great though, and I think it's what makes a classic stand the test of time. It leaves people with unanswered ideas. If it spelled everything out, there would be nothing to dwell on.

But I still say he wasn't mental. There is nothing to suggest he was disabled before he killed his sister. I believe it was meant to be taken as though nobody could have seen it coming.

Back