Any Chance of 12" SS Vader ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clear lenses actually make a HUGE difference. Even Sideshow's PF Vader didn't have that...which surprised me.

Wow, that is the most badass Vader I have ever seen!! The head sculpt was amazing, but the paint really makes it pop. Those eyes are killer.

Man, I hope that SSC's version is as cool as this masterpiece! Amazing!

OK, seeing your VADER got me excited, so here's mine...

Vader-for-post-1.jpg

vader-for-post-2.jpg

vader-for-post-3.jpg

vader-for-post-4.jpg

A lot of the same tricks were used on mine. Its still my prized piece.

I'm going to try to take some pix of my Vader with my new Luke!

Which helmet/mask is that Wor-Gar? Wow...he sure is a beaut! :google

He looks so good, when I saw the first pic, I thought he was life sized costume replica!!

great job wax. love the head sculpt. :horror seriously. WOW!!! as for the fabrics, your wife has done an amazing job. Must have taken you long to put everything together.

JustinLuck said:
How did you get yours to light up Wor-Gar? I must have a figure like that!!!:horror

Thanks! Yeah, I really love this custom.

I did not build him though, I commissioned him from Hurricane in the UK (I think you know him from the RS boards). This Vader is wired inside so all his chest lights and belt lights actually work. The saber lights up as well, but my blade has a hard time staying in the hilt. This was the first piece, after the prototype, that he built where all the chest and belt lights work (one even blinks), the saber lights up, he has the voice chip from the Hasbro electronic Vader so he talks, breathes and has saber activation sounds. He has since sold many of these, many on eBay too. The mask is from the Kaiyodo kit and the dome is from the Hasbro figure believe it or not.

He's way cool, especially with all the bells-and-whistles...but fragile as hell.

I'm sure when SS gets around to Vader, I'll be having my friend convert it to a "light-up" electronic version. I'll bet a lot of people will...

I got in touch with Hurricane myself, while my figure was in progress. Wanted to purchase one of his 'reveal mask' sets, but he never got back to me, so I made my own. While my figure doesn't have all the lights(though he does have the sound system) he is fairly durable. Not that I'm tossing him around; he represents over 2 years of careful work and re-work. I guess in this hobby sanity is definitely optional...PS
Okay, 1 more picture...
PICT0057.jpg

wax murderer said:
I got in touch with Hurricane myself, while my figure was in progress. Wanted to purchase one of his 'reveal mask' sets, but he never got back to me, so I made my own. While my figure doesn't have all the lights(though he does have the sound system) he is fairly durable. Not that I'm tossing him around; he represents over 2 years of careful work and re-work. I guess in this hobby sanity is definitely optional...

Definitely awesome work, Wax. I wish mine was a little more durable, but most of the time he's on the shelf. That's why I got excited when you posted pix... its times like these where you get to show off your customs that bring back the fun of the piece.

Great Maul too...

Where did Hurricane get the transluscent plastic for all the light up portions? And is the belt attacted directly to his body for the LED lights?

JustinLuck said:
Where did Hurricane get the transluscent plastic for all the light up portions? And is the belt attacted directly to his body for the LED lights?

Not certain. I think they're just different LED "bulbs" that are the right size and shape. The belt is wired, but loosely so you can easily remove it to adjust the clothes and robe.

Hey, Justin, shouldn't you be working on that EL glow saber?

Here's a darker one that shows the lights better:

vader-for-post-5.jpg

Last edited:
Wor-Gar said:
Not certain. I think they're just different LED "bulbs" that are the right size and shape. The belt is wired, but loosely so you can easily remove it to adjust the clothes and robe.

Hey, Justin, shouldn't you be working on that EL glow saber?

Here's a darker one that shows the lights better:

vader-for-post-5.jpg

BOO-YAH!!!

Very nice W-G. both you guys. Wow, if only SS would make a talking Vader w/lights and removeable helmet. If they did, they could charge $75 and sell them out in a day!

Last edited:
pjam said:
BOO-YAH!!!

Very nice W-G. both you guys. Wow, if only SS would make a talking Vader w/lights and removeable helmet. If they did, they could charge $75 and sell them out in a day!

Thanks, P!

Yeah, if SS offered Vader with all that for only $75...it would sell out in seconds! And I would shoot myself for what I paid for this one over a year ago :google

Wor-Gar said:
Thanks, P!

Yeah, if SS offered Vader with all that for only $75...it would sell out in seconds! And I would shoot myself for what I paid for this one over a year ago :google

:wacky

Working lights would be very nice indeed. Sideshow, quote us a price. :D

Wor-Gar said:
Thanks, P!

I honestly believe that is the direction these figures are now heading, break the damn barriers down I say, do them all one better!

SSC already does talking figures and a light-up function belt is NOT too much to ask, but you must remember your figure is nearly a One of a Kind and very cutting edge custom for its time, soon to be a museum piece!

Back