1/6 Animated Clone Wars Anakin & Obi-Wan Sixth Scale Figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i keep thinking i want a 1/6 clone helmet in the animated style, like to try swapping onto the 501st figure sometimes (even if the rest of the body is inaccurate).

makes me think what a shame it is they dropped the ball with these. animated style rex, other clones, coulda been a gold mine…

I agree It's shame to see all the issues with the sideshow animated line. I always wanted a solid animated line, given how iconic TCW's stylised look is. Does anyone know custom 1/6 makers who do TCW animated clones? It's pretty rare to find anyone making them...

i bought the outfit from this line for obi-wan might make my own version using sideshow and hot toys parts
From what I'm seeing of the base sideshow body used for these two, it's gonna take a lot of modifying to make the gauntlets and boots compatible.... While I'm tempted to "frankenstein" a better body for this, I'm worried the end cost is gonna stack beyond my budget.

From what I'm seeing of the base sideshow body used for these two, it's gonna take a lot of modifying to make the gauntlets and boots compatible.... While I'm tempted to "frankenstein" a better body for this, I'm worried the end cost is gonna stack beyond my budget.
im going to use hot toys boots . i have the body laid out and not using the garbage sideshow body.

The hardest part I think would be the gauntlets, given they're part of the forearms and aren't hollow. That I can imagine would be challenging...if you've got a solution around it, I think I might try it out too... That said, I love the clone wars stylised boots over the hot toys boots. I'm kinda worried about pleather falling apart on me.

So I finally caved and got Obi Wan for a rather decently discounted price, almost half of what Sideshow's going for.
Even at that price, I can see why people find it extremely hard to justify the cost of the figure against the quality you're getting.

The body's so fragile that I'm sure a single firm shake will have limbs snapping and wrist pegs flying off.
Belt/waistband velcro's so weak it barely holds together. The pouches and saber hanger are clinging on for dear life.
The robes are constructed out of some kind of crepe bandage like material that's super susceptible to threads getting caught and pulled...
The hands whilst nice, can barely hold the saber.

Sideshow most certainly dropped the ball on this drastically, but for what I paid, and given I knew what I was getting in to, I'm at the very least happy I have a clone wars animated figure on my shelf... that said it does mildly annoy me that I can't pose it or fidget with it as much as I'd like to given it feels very, very fragile.

Given how obi turned out, I think I lucked out on it not being a dud right out of the box, and I'm highly doubtful I'd gamble my luck on an anakin even at the discounted prices....

Careful with that waist. If Obi-Wan is like Anakin it'll break when you try to use the ball joint in there. Hell, it's probably already broken an only being held together by the belt.

Yep. I guarantee the inner waist joints are already broken and it’s the shirt strap, glued at the groin, that’s holding the body together. I went through 5 bodies…same problem. Finally frankensteined a couple of custom bodies so I wouldn’t have to deal with them anymore.

Waiting on Yoda!
ADFA458A-11A7-4BDF-B594-E1B242698B00.jpeg

Is that the HT CW Anakin armour? Looks intimidatingly beefy and not too oversized.
I do wish they both came with their more armoured outfits.

Yep. I guarantee the inner waist joints are already broken and it’s the shirt strap, glued at the groin, that’s holding the body together. I went through 5 bodies…same problem. Finally frankensteined a couple of custom bodies so I wouldn’t have to deal with them anymore.
I'm contemplating an Anakin figure on a discount - that said, if I were to simply leave him standing in a museum pose, would it stand up fine? I know the Anakins are far worse than obi wans and am hoping that the belt straps and such could hold him up for display... I'm worried it just self destructs and falls into a heap and won't be able to stand...

I'm contemplating an Anakin figure on a discount - that said, if I were to simply leave him standing in a museum pose, would it stand up fine? I know the Anakins are far worse than obi wans and am hoping that the belt straps and such could hold him up for display... I'm worried it just self destructs and falls into a heap and won't be able to stand...

If you’re going to commit to buying the figure, you might as well just go in prepared to do a body swap.

It’s not worth spending your hard earned money to live in fear of the figure toppling over and self destructing.

If you’re going to commit to buying the figure, you might as well just go in prepared to do a body swap.

It’s not worth spending your hard earned money to live in fear of the figure toppling over and self destructing.
I agree. What parts would I need to assemble a frankenstein body for obi/anakin? I'd best get started crafting one first...

Yes. You should be fine. The glued shirt will hold it down enough. The Obi body is no different. Same problem. A body swap is much more difficult on these figures as the boots and gauntlets are made fit on unique pegs. It’s a pain in the ass to remove them. Anticipate finger injuries. The easiest swap…but still iffy, would be remove the waist and swapping it out with Sideshows Jedi Luke waist. It’s the same piece. This would only work if Jedi Luke was made from a better plastic mix, and not one that crumbles immediately. Also the engineering of the inner waist ball sock is baffling. It’s design looks weak and I’m not sure why it was approved in the first place.

Yes. You should be fine. The glued shirt will hold it down enough. The Obi body is no different. Same problem. A body swap is much more difficult on these figures as the boots and gauntlets are made fit on unique pegs. It’s a pain in the ass to remove them. Anticipate finger injuries. The easiest swap…but still iffy, would be remove the waist and swapping it out with Sideshows Jedi Luke waist. It’s the same piece. This would only work if Jedi Luke was made from a better plastic mix, and not one that crumbles immediately. Also the engineering of the inner waist ball sock is baffling. It’s design looks weak and I’m not sure why it was approved in the first place.
yeah...looking at the odd wrist and boot pegs that sideshow did, it sure looks like a real pain to try and remove... not to say looking for a spare sideshow luke body...

I'm really hoping that moving forward that sideshow improves on the body otherwise this line is gonna be permanently doomed

Back