ANH Buckets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking about ordering a shapeways, but I dont know which version to get. What are the differences?

I'm thinking about ordering a shapeways, but I dont know which version to get. What are the differences?

The first helmet was too small, so I had him increase the size, two options. The first was a 2MM increase to about the size of an HT helmet. The second was a 1MM increase: here's the 2MM, which most people agree is the right size or look they want.

image.jpg

This is available on Shapeways now.

Thanks solo_bones! I've been using acrylics with ultra fine brush tip, i tried the tube stripes with a fine line blue Sharpie...but it bled through my gloss clear coat...so, that's been sanded back on the redo list.
I actually like the errors in my paint work, cause the original movie paint apps were nowhere near perfect, adds to the iconic shape and charm of the OT lids.
Thinking of changing all my OT Stormtroopers to this sculpt. It's far superior to HT, SSC, Marmit & Medicom.

Definitely the 2mm increase! Looks awesome. Put me on a list please.

Ok, once we figure out a casting method and buy the stuff we will put you down. I'm going to look into it over the weekend. Seems pretty complex for a good cast.

Thanks solo_bones! I've been using acrylics with ultra fine brush tip, i tried the tube stripes with a fine line blue Sharpie...but it bled through my gloss clear coat...so, that's been sanded back on the redo list.
I actually like the errors in my paint work, cause the original movie paint apps were nowhere near perfect, adds to the iconic shape and charm of the OT lids.
Thinking of changing all my OT Stormtroopers to this sculpt. It's far superior to HT, SSC, Marmit & Medicom.

I agree. I prefer the fine tuning of decals...but I also do like the imperfect hand paint as well. Most important are getting lenses right. Still contemplating.

Just thinking out loud here, but had this thought the other day: would it be a possibility to cast the helmet without the black eyebrow brim, and use a black rubber strip (or something similar) for it? That way, some individuality could be given to every trooper by moving it slightly.

Yeah, I thought about that and or creating the various looks and casting those. Of course we need a casting pot. I'm looking into options.

$354.00 for the casting pot, alone..

Update; found one for $200.00 who wants to chip in?

Also need about $50.00 in materials.

Found a compressor for $75.00.

So for about $325.00 were in business of endless Buckeyes. Who's in??

Update, found another pressure pot for 100.00. Not sure if paying more is better. Should probably by a new compressor. There are some affordable beginner compressors for 160.00.

$354.00 for the casting pot, alone..

Update; found one for $200.00 who wants to chip in?

Also need about $50.00 in materials.

Found a compressor for $75.00.

So for about $325.00 were in business of endless Buckeyes. Who's in??

Update, found another pressure pot for 100.00. Not sure if paying more is better. Should probably by a new compressor. There are some affordable beginner compressors for 160.00.

If we want to start compiling a list of potentials, I'm up for pooling.

If you're going to GO BIG why not the whole armor from Hot Toys with buckets from you? That way your not wasting materials and it gives the boys here a better option to army build. TTM knock offs and such are cheap. I'd definitely be interested in QUALITY casted armor and film accurate buckets than a HT $250 price tag imho.

Ok, so far on the record I have;

SB: $75.00
S; 50.00
Adam; $75.00
ZE; ?
New Member; $75.00

Subtotal: $350.00. Assuming ZE is in for $50.00, we'll be at $400.00. That starts to pay for materials such as resin, mold casting and supplies. I'll need to buy misc plumbing parts to seal up the pressure pot for casting and all the cups and supplies for molds and whatnot. Need to account or some trial and error...but I've been reading and watching videos to eliminate as much as possible.

This is an endeavor....but at least we can created many bucket variants and work on variation paint apps. I know I'll want a couple helmets per sandtrooper.

If you're going to GO BIG why not the whole armor from Hot Toys with buckets from you? That way your not wasting materials and it gives the boys here a better option to army build. TTM knock offs and such are cheap. I'd definitely be interested in QUALITY casted armor and film accurate buckets than a HT $250 price tag imho.

Not sure about that but it maybe a possibility. I'll need to see how much work it is for the savings. Still need to paint and assemble armor.

Hi guys I love the enthusiasm you have for the hobby, but wouldn't it be more cost effective buying what you need from shapeways? After all how many troopers does one need in a collection?

Back