ANH Buckets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, here's the version up on Shapeways right now. It's the 1MM inverse version:

Spoiler Spoiler:

New 1MM increase on the left, 2MM increase in the right:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I prefer the 2mm increase overall, but in terms of mapping to on-screen, the 1mm increase reminds me of the apparent proportions for the shot of the four stormtroopers looking for Princess Leia, just before the "..set for stun." shot/line.

On those troops -- at least prior to the close-up of No-Stripes -- appeared to be wearing their helmets a little higher and tighter than in other scenes.

The 2mm looks spot on, it looks very accurate to the ANH helmets.

I was comparing my shapeway to my GG helmets tonight & think the shapeways may derive from the mini bust lids?

IMG_1975 [7637].JPG

I was comparing my shapeway to my GG helmets tonight & think the shapeways may derive from the mini bust lids?

View attachment 286448

Yeah we were thinking along the same lines a few weeks back. I think that's a good thing as the GG mini bust helmets are the only sculpts that have been created using 3D scans of an original helmet. So in theory it should be as accurate as we are going to get. I have a few of the stormtrooper minibusts myself and they've always impressed me with how accurate they are, bearing in mind they were produced what at least 10 years ago? Maybe more.

Solo_bones; so you've got a total of three sizes up to now? The largest being what size, i.e. I know it's upscaled by 2mm, but do you have a measurement (ear-to-ear or whatever) to refer to its size?

View attachment 286448

That's what I tried to start with...I think it is the same. The guy I used couldn't stop his software from rounding the edges and he thought he could "improve" things by making it symmetrical. Gah!

Solo_bones; so you've got a total of three sizes up to now? The largest being what size, i.e. I know it's upscaled by 2mm, but do you have a measurement (ear-to-ear or whatever) to refer to its size?

2MM increase from original;

Frosted Ultra Detail
WIDTH HEIGHT DEPTH
5.324 cm 5.324 cm 5.31 cm

We should look into costs I we can't find anyone...ill look into it later tonight..

That's cool. PM me know when you need some $ and I'll get some over to you. How do you feel about maybe getting someone to sharpen up the detailing on the mold i.e maybe add some screw detailing etc before it gets cast? Is there anyone you know that may be able to do that?

Much obliged. I'm still in for casting, pooling, whatever, so keep us updated!

We should look into costs I we can't find anyone...ill look into it later tonight..

I've only been reading/lurking in here so far, but I'd also be up for pooling in to get these casted. They look great!

That's cool. PM me know when you need some $ and I'll get some over to you. How do you feel about maybe getting someone to sharpen up the detailing on the mold i.e maybe add some screw detailing etc before it gets cast? Is there anyone you know that may be able to do that?

The screw detailing is there. But if you want to improve on it I guess we could by scaled down screws and sand off the old ones and re-attach. The screw details get ruined after a few coats of paint. I've been protecting the ears on these last paint app attempts to keep from ruining the details. I'll post some new photos later.

Excellent! Ok, everyone....we're going to get rolling on this as soon as we figure out the casting solution.

Solo_bones, hope you don't mind me posting pictures in your thread of my progress with this helmet?
Thought i'd share a pic of my WIP on HT body, roughly painted, cut out eyes with green lens placed inside the helmet...need mic tips...

IMG_2088.JPG

Solo_bones, hope you don't mind me posting pictures in your thread of my progress with this helmet?
Thought i'd share a pic of my WIP on HT body, roughly painted, cut out eyes with green lens placed inside the helmet...need mic tips...

View attachment 287709

Of course i don't mind, I encourage it. Great job....love seeing the different angles and takes on the helmet.

I think you did a pretty great job on the painting...I thought about cutting the backs of the lenses out too. I'm I seeing it right, looks like you left a little lens on helmet that could have been sanded out. How did you do it, with a dremel? I started then chickened out.

image.jpg

I still need to put in speaker mics and stickers for the temples and cheeks...haven't gotten to sizing the printout yet.

Back