Angel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Buffygirl! wow, the premium format statues do look good next to each other! Well, i'll probably try and put the throne statue on the 2nd layer, but will take out the base. So far, I had a Moore statue on one of the shelf and it can take the weight......but yeah, I'll try to upgrade to a besta one of these days....

They really do look like a force on top of the shelf together. The shelf they are on is the 16 cube Expedit from Ikea. The edges are all a very thick wood so you can put quite a few heavy things on them. I absolutely love it! And if one does not have room for the Expedit, Ikea created a single shelf that is the top part of the Expedit. So you get that heavy duty shelving. It's actually quite cheap too.

It's called LACK
Wall shelf
$19.99

:D

I have a couple of lacks, and it will NOT support anything as heavy as even one PF. The shelf itself is lightweight, basically a thin veneered plywood shell filled with lightweight chipboard. It is attached to the wall with a steel bracket, so yes, that part is sturdy, but if you don't screw the bracket into studs, it will be sagging within 10 minutes.

I use mine for the center speaker over my bigscreen flat tv, and even with just 5 lbs on it and in studs it sags.

The PFs do look good in a row. The only thing wrong with them is that Buffy is too big! Even in heels, she should barely reach Angel's chin. Or maybe Angel is too small. Either way.

But that is a good deal on an unboxed Angel. I'd be tempted to buy one if I could find it that cheap just to fix its forehead.

I have a couple of lacks, and it will NOT support anything as heavy as even one PF. The shelf itself is lightweight, basically a thin veneered plywood shell filled with lightweight chipboard. It is attached to the wall with a steel bracket, so yes, that part is sturdy, but if you don't screw the bracket into studs, it will be sagging within 10 minutes.

I use mine for the center speaker over my bigscreen flat tv, and even with just 5 lbs on it and in studs it sags.

There is no question it has to go into studs if you plan to put pf's on it. Any other way of thinking would just be...well, you pick a word.

I wouldn't put any PF on a Lack even if it was in studs. Not even Princess Leia or Boba Fett. It's just not engineered to hold something that heavy that long. Think about the physics - even with its strongest attachment method, screwing into the stud, the bracket is attached to the stud through a plaster drywall board. Unless you cut into the drywall to go directly to the stud, the lower edge of the bracket/shelf will start cutting into the drywall and eventually sag. The further out (and the shelf is not very wide, mind you) you put the object, the faster it will sag. In addition, the bracket has set holes whereas the studs in your wall are not always built to the same code. To its credit, there are two holes per vertical attachment point, but that doesn't help if you're not getting studs where Ikea decided to put the holes. I think in mine, the studs didn't line up so I ended up drilling into the bracket with a diamond carbide tipped bit to make new stud holes. It was either that or use wall anchors--that's a tragedy in the making.

The only shelf system I would consider using with something heavy like a statue is the traditional kind with the triangular bracket underneath. It's ugly but far more reliable than a cantilevered shelf like the Lack.

I really like the Bestas. I think they fit PFs well and have that sturdiness component to them. I don't have them reinforced to the wall, but they're still very sturdy. Good to know about the Lacks though.

I really like the Bestas. I think they fit PFs well and have that sturdiness component to them. I don't have them reinforced to the wall, but they're still very sturdy. Good to know about the Lacks though.

I don't have mine against the wall either. It's perfectly fine. I did buy the legs for it though. As I noticed it started to get too hard to open the bottom glass door. Off this weekend to buy the dioder lights, finally.

@Cuddly...good set up. Looks interesting without the base. But at least it fits into a regular sized shelf and you don't have to take one out. Very cool. Our detolfs are just full of 12" and Sam is with my Spike puppet at the bottom of another. Ah, that Sam, he's so cute.

There's a nicely damaged (yet repaired) Buffy PF Ex that was just put on Ebay if anyone is interested. I'm curious to see where it goes.

*BG runs off to go watch it.*

I'm curious to see too.

Which do you think will affect a statue more: No box or repaired damage? I'm curious to see how this will compare to the regular Buffy with no box that ended at $370ish+ shipping.

I have a Buffy PF and a Spike exclusive AP signed 6 of 6, and am considering an Angel PF to round out my collection. How much should I expect to pay for one?

Which do you think will affect a statue more: No box or repaired damage? I'm curious to see how this will compare to the regular Buffy with no box that ended at $370ish+ shipping.

I think damage effects the price more then having no box. Having something thats got a flaw always lessens the price, although as PF Buffy always goes for big prices these days she still might raise a big price damaged or not.

I think damage effects the price more then having no box. Having something thats got a flaw always lessens the price, although as PF Buffy always goes for big prices these days she still might raise a big price damaged or not.

What is she going for now?

I wuv my Buffy. Been watching seasons six and seven lately.

I've seen her go for about $500 up sometimes. Not as much in the UK though.

Yeah, it should be interesting. I always love watching the market on these. It's like a roller coaster. I guess we'll see.

Seasons 2 and 4. No, I just watched 2 and 3.. I made my way up to six and seven. I dunno, I love watching the show for all the seasons. But def. the best were the first 4 seasons. Yes, I loved even season 4.

I liked S4 because of Adam. Loved the character design and the suspense building up to his unleashing. Good season for sure.

Last edited:
Back