Angel PF Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, sueworld, that is definitely the promo they based the statue on. Contrary to what most people think, I like the choice of the outfit.

Yep, sueworld, that is definitely the promo they based the statue on. Contrary to what most people think, I like the choice of the outfit.

Me too. I really love the design they chose. The coat whilst its from Buffy, also looks totally S5 Angel and very corporate. Its very well made too, with silk lining on the inside. It looks wonderful when you flip the edges out abit for that windy look. It also makes for a more diverse look in the display, contray to Spikes leather Jacket.

It also makes for a more diverse look in the display, contray to Spikes leather Jacket.
That's basically the main reason why I think it's an excellent choice. I always thought the leather coat was more of a Spike trademark, even though Angel also wore it alot.

I hate to be the voice of dissent, but I really don't like that choice of coat.

For a start he never actually wore it in anything else apart from a very few publicity pics, and when I look at it, I can hear Spikes 'voice' in my ear saying ''you magnificent poof!". :lol

It's not very representative of his character from either show, and the length of the coat is not very flattering, particularly on a figure with that stance.

This is what comes to mind when I think of 'classic' Angel...

angelalleywayyw5.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, I didn't much like the outfit chosen or the stance...or the human portrait so that is why I never went through with my order.

Well being the bloody hypercrit that I am I've kept my order in the hope that I can at lest rework the head. I can't do anything about the cloths though, unless I pay a costume maker friend of mine decent wage to do it, and at £200 a day I think thats a wee bit out of the question really.

I so wanted an Angel to go with my Spike though. :D

I really wanted to like this PF but I just couldn't justify getting something I wasn't thrilled about. I actually returned the alternate Buffy because I was so disappointed with her and I wasn't about to let the same mistake happen twice.

The people who have the skill to re-work this PF are the lucky ones here because eventually you will have a great looking Angel statue.

In the end I will be left with Spike alone. I think he looks magnificent...I hope the line doesn't end here. Maybe Sideshow could do some more characters and eventually one more Buffy in a completely different pose and wardrobe. Wishful thinking, I know.:)

Now if they did either 'Chosen' Buffy complete with scythe, or 'The Gift' Buffy, I'd be up for it.

'Teen Buffy' just doesn't represent the show for me really. Yet another example of them basing it on costumes she didn't even wear.

I'm not sure If I'll ever get another PF figure. For start I can't afford it (can't afford the Angel if truth be told) and the only characters I'd be interested in are one I know they would never do, like Giles or Xander.

Now if they did either 'Chosen' Buffy complete with scythe, or 'The Gift' Buffy, I'd be up for it.

'Teen Buffy' just doesn't represent the show for me really. Yet another example of them basing it on costumes she didn't even wear.

I'm not sure If I'll ever get another PF figure. For start I can't afford it (can't afford the Angel if truth be told) and the only characters I'd be interested in are one I know they would never do, like Giles or Xander.

I would be happy with a fourth PF statue, Willow, and that'd be it. However, if they did Faith, Giles and Xander, I would definitely get them. But I gess they're out of the question (maybe Faith has a possibility). I can't wait to have Angel, and if that was the last PF, I'd feel the line to be much more complete than the 1/6 line. We still need Wesley, Gunn, Fred, Illyria, Tara, Anya, Dawn, a good Willow, a good Faith, Period Spike............

After Angel, I'm not sure as to what PFs I'd want. Part of me would like to see Sideshow to really stretch for the next one... have it a figure that wouldn't be possible in the 12" line. Like Illyria or Skip. :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

But I agree... that Willow (I would prefer Dark Willow) or Faith would sell better. Especially if the likenesses were better than their 12" counterparts. :D

Then again, how could they not. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

I love Angel, one of my favorite characters ever, and I couldn't bring myself to order this. The 1/6 Angel is much better, IMO.

Last edited:
I love Angel, one of my favorite characters ever, and I couldn't bring myself to order this. The 1/6 Angel is much better, IMO.

I agree that the "City of..." Angel figure is better than the human head of the PF.

However, I think that the Vamp Angel head is the best Vamp Angel that has ever been sculpted... for any company, in any scale. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Finally recieved my Angel today, I was one of the lucky waitlist folks for the exclusive and I was pleasently suprised by how good it looks. I was one of the first to get Buffy and figured on just getting her and calling it good so I passed on Spike.

With the chance I took for Angel, I think he turned out pretty good, the vampire head sculpt is defintely the best of the two but unless you look really close all the time the human head sculpt isn't too bad, I've got Buffy and Angel displayed together in my office, so keeping the human head on him for now.

Makes me wish I ordered an exclusive Spike back in the day... oh well :(

I really wonder though if they keep the PF line going would they do Willow, Xander and Giles or just do Faith and call it good.

Evan

I really wonder though if they keep the PF line going would they do Willow, Xander and Giles or just do Faith and call it good.

Evan

You said that as if there was news about a Faith PF statue. Is there??

You said that as if there was news about a Faith PF statue. Is there??

Hrmm I think I had read somewhere here or on another board about the possibilty of a Faith PF after Angel but I could be wrong though I would say if they did Faith I think it would sell pretty well.

I'd be happy if they did any of the orginal gang :)

Evan

I think Faith or Willow is most likely, but I wouldn't hold my breath for either one.

By the way, I personally wouldn't call Faith a member of the "original gang," but that's just me. The characters that have been an integral part of the Buffyverse from day one are Buffy, Giles, Willow, Xander, Angel, and Cordelia. As I'm sure you're well aware, Faith wasn't introduced (as the anti-Buffy and a villain) until the third season, and after that her appearances were sporadic.

...By the way, I personally wouldn't call Faith a member of the "original gang,"...

Yeah but Faith was a kick ass character so that trumps everything else. Plus, Eliza Dushku is very easy on the eyes. :D And thirdly, Sideshow owes us fans a good Faith after the 12" offering we were given. :lecture :monkey3

I'd prefer a Giles then Willow before Faith, but i know I'm in the minority here. :lol:lol BTW I got my Angel PF and I really like it! The vamp head is awesome!

I had Angel on Flexpay and he is on his way now. I am running out of room.
First Ash, than Lam and now Angel. I have to stop buying PF's for a while.

Back