AND...I'll say this...BRING ON MORE 1/4 PREMIUM FORMATS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
I think that the droids will be announced soon, and as a set. They have been sticking to the list of characters that was discussed long ago, with Grievous being the only surprise exception so far. The next up from that list would be the droids, Darth Maul, and Qui-Gon.
Hopefully Darth Maul and Qui Gon translated into the 1/6 scale announcements. Their PF's shouldn't trump Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Padme, the three central "hero" characters of the PT.

Of course I was planning on picking up TPM Obi-Wan and it looks like they're going to go and make the other two guys in that duel instead... :monkey1

Well I dont know what I will do if Maul or Qui-Gon is put up for order I guess I could order it and then cancel it. If they keep coming at 4-5 a year I think I can afford to get them all. Also when this line is said and done it could be very high dollar line in the future. If I do start getting these I will have to go back and try and find a Grievous but Im not sure I think hes worth $450.

bring in Rancor and those stadium creatures, (sorry, don't know their names :eek: ) ...I know they will be huge :monkey1

A 1/4 scale Rancor, Reek, Acklay, and Nexu are a little to big for PF. They would have probably charge a few hundred just to ship them.

mfoga said:
Qui-Gon, hmmmmm was that a slip?

It was in reference to Tom's mention of Qui-Gon. But it is a SW character so he could be the next PF announced.

jason2885 said:
Well I dont know what I will do if Maul or Qui-Gon is put up for order I guess I could order it and then cancel it. If they keep coming at 4-5 a year I think I can afford to get them all. Also when this line is said and done it could be very high dollar line in the future. If I do start getting these I will have to go back and try and find a Grievous but Im not sure I think hes worth $450.

You should be able to find a regular Grievous for much cheaper than that. But who the hell wants a regular? J/K, the regular is nice, but the cape just adds so much more depth to the piece.

Darth Loki said:
You should be able to find a regular Grievous for much cheaper than that. But who the hell wants a regular? J/K, the regular is nice, but the cape just adds so much more depth to the piece.
Well I want the exclusive but I dont want to pay $450 for him. If I ever find the regular for under $200 (I know fat chance) Ill grab him. I would much rather have the exclusive version though with the cape and I agree it adds alot to it.

Darth Loki said:
It was in reference to Tom's mention of Qui-Gon. But it is a SW character so he could be the next PF announced.
That was not very convincing. At least from someone who has been talking to birdies.:lol

mfoga said:
That was not very convincing. At least from someone who has been talking to birdies.:lol
Do you really think Sideshow will release a Qui-Gon now. That would start another set of PF. I really want the droids to be next or :chew

Qui-Gon could led to the one character that everyone loves to hate well almost everyone: Jar Jar Binks

I have a feeling next year will be very OT heavy with the 30th anny and all. We already have Fett for next year along with Jabba and his whole set up. I'd be surprised if we didn't start seeing some 12" Troopers and someone already said a suited Vader was in store for next year. If Qui-Gon were announced, it would have to be a dead on sculpt for me to order it. Money is now an issue so I need to start being a little more picky.

OK, so now I gotta get into this line. I HAVE to, even though my wife will kill me. Any tips? I know all I want to get first is Vader, than we'll see where I go next, I'm thinking Fett or Dagobah Luke. I just know there's gonna be ones in the future I can't pass, and want to start now! Any online retailers that have them for ok prices, or are reliable (for past releases)?

Awesome-O said:
OK, so now I gotta get into this line. I HAVE to, even though my wife will kill me. Any tips? I know all I want to get first is Vader, than we'll see where I go next, I'm thinking Fett or Dagobah Luke. I just know there's gonna be ones in the future I can't pass, and want to start now! Any online retailers that have them for ok prices, or are reliable (for past releases)?

All releases can be had well below retail for the regular versions. The only exclusives that have been released that are worth getting are Greivous' and Leia's. Save your money and get the regular's on eBay. Vader can still be had pretty cheap on eBay but I think he's starting to dry up. That would be your best bet, I haven't seen him at any of the places I normally shop.

I just got my Vader and Obi-Wan exclusives on ebay a week ago for like $670 total shipped which is just a few dollars more than Sideshow. I think the mouse droid is pretty cool but the Training Remote is just ok but incredible detail.
I got my regular Han for $180 from EE about a week and half ago.
I got Luke exclusive for around $200 on ebay that should be here anyday. The regular is cheaper but I think the exclusive looks better because of the right hand on the regular.
The one that started it all was Leia which I ordered through the I want Leia email offer so I have all of the ANH PF
I also have Dagobah Luke and Yoda exclusive on preorder through Sideshow and a wait list for the exclusive Boba.
I am still holding out on Grievous because Im only collecting OT for now.:D
I think the Grievous and Leia exclusives are the best like Loki said but Vaders Lukes Hans and Luke & Yodas are all pretty good. I would love to have RH Han but hes just out of my price range.

Over all I think this line is great I just gotta build a case for them.

The line is freaking great! I just love the detail- all of these characters are so visually interesting in the films, that making them statues is awesome even for some lesser characters.

it will be Stormtroopers for the next PF....period...:monkey1 ...(don't ask me how i know, i just do) :monkey1

TOE said:
it will be Stormtroopers for the next PF....period...:monkey1 ...(don't ask me how i know, i just do) :monkey1

I could live with that. I just really want a real fur Chewie and ROTJ Emperor.

KitFisto said:
I could live with that. I just really want a real fur Chewie and ROTJ Emperor.

I'd be happy with any of those. For some reason, I really want the Droids. That Koto piece looks great and after seeing the lifesize versions at SDCC, they are way over due.

Darth Loki said:
I'd be happy with any of those. For some reason, I really want the Droids. That Koto piece looks great and after seeing the lifesize versions at SDCC, they are way over due.

Agreed. The droids are another one I really want as well. I am not sure how many PF's I'll buy in the long run. I can say for sure I want

1. Real fur Chewie
2. ROTJ Emperor
3. Droids
4. Stormtrooper
5. Lando
6. Tarkin
7. Jedi Luke

After that it's a case by case basis for me. As cool as some of the PT PF's might be I don't think I'd have the room for them along with the OT ones which are more important to me.

As much as I love Tarkin, I may have to pass on a PF of him. I really need to be pickey on these expensive items and he should be one of the first in the Military line. Of course if they nail the sculpt it could help sway me as well.

Back