Anakin Skywalker - show us your custom figures !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dayuuuummm memphis, for those ani noobs, what all has went into that? :clap

IMG_2090.jpgIMG_2073.jpgIMG_2074.jpgIMG_2075.jpgIMG_2079.jpgIMG_2086.jpg

some new shots of my Anakin's

IMG_1381.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1382.JPG
    IMG_1382.JPG
    366.6 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_1383.JPG
    IMG_1383.JPG
    331.4 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_1384.JPG
    IMG_1384.JPG
    363.8 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_1385.JPG
    IMG_1385.JPG
    542 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_1386.JPG
    IMG_1386.JPG
    469.9 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_1387.JPG
    IMG_1387.JPG
    905.5 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_1388.JPG
    IMG_1388.JPG
    567.7 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_1389.JPG
    IMG_1389.JPG
    570.6 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_1390.JPG
    IMG_1390.JPG
    343.2 KB · Views: 258
Before I tear into you, you brought this on yourself.
Ok I don't normally get involved with these things but Memphismayfire is a really nice guy and your comments are a bit out of line here. He has helped people out on these boards (including me) and even started up a custom clothing run for Anakin and Obi-wan before we ever knew Hot Toys were going to tip their toe in the Prequels. I take your point that he didn't get back to you on your question but perhaps he didn't see it? In my experience he has always been very responsive and helpful.

...And yes you did post his figure in the Hot Toys thread and made negative comments about it, which set the tone for more people to jump on it and make similar comments. You have to remember that people put a lot of time, money and effort into creating custom figures and as such are likely to take the negative comments quite personally.

If you are happy that Hot Toys are releasing what looks to be a great figure then sure post away about your excitement. It's just unnecessary to use it as an opportunity to tear down someone else's custom figure in the process. At the end of the day we all should be united in our weird love for Anakin Skywalker dollies because that's why we here.

Seriously? This thread was put together because collectors have worked very hard and spent money to put together customs of a character that had been woefully ignored by Hot Toys. Years ago HT said they wouldn't even get to the PT line until after the OT and sequels. Who knew how long that would be? Vancie's Anakin was the first figure that brought 1:6 to my attention long before I started collecting figures. I was absolutely floored by the level of detail and realism. I even had a chance to pick one up, but at the time $2k seemed an insane amount. Little did I know then.

Once I did start collecting 1:6 about 6-7 years ago I was thrilled to see Hot Toys get the license because Sideshow's humans were subpar. Ive picked up almost all of the HT 1:6 SW figures. I figured it would finally be a way to get an Anakin and other PT characters that would meet or exceed the amazing Vancie fig without spending $2k (which by then was as much as $5k). Year after year Hot Toys said they were going to produce Anakin, but year after year crickets. Up until last week customs seemed the only way that we were going to see decent quality prequel figures for at least another five years. Now that door has been opened. And judging by the responses on the thread (at least 2x more than any other SW figure shown) there's been a lot of pent up demand.

It is absolutely childish to jump around, point fingers and insult collectors who've done their best to get prequel characters into their collections because a company with millions in resources is finally going to produce an Anakin. So what? I never get why some folks take pleasure in taunting collectors when HT re-releases a figure that has gone way up in value, a producer releases a figure that was only available as a limited custom, or a better version comes along. It's the nature of the hobby. Why celebrate that a collectible may lose value? Why try to diminish the time, money, and passion someone has committed to his/her collection? It's both disrespectful and inexcusable.

I was pretty methodical in putting together my custom Anakin. I picked up Memphis's excellent outfit, Inigou's amazing sculpt, and had it painted and haired by the incredibly talented Jake Rahmier. So all in about $1k. Just missing a CRT lightsaber. Unfortunately I haven't been able to put it together because the collection is in storage. Do I regret it now that HT has finally shown an Anakin? Absolutely not! It will be at least a year before HT Anakin is in hand. I'm planning to pick up one or two and will spend another $200-$300 to get those haired.

While I'm thrilled that HT is finally getting to prequel figs, but I'm not going to wait around 2-3-4 years. I've got Inigou's Obi-Wan in the works, Warriors Gate Queen Amidala and Geonosis Padme, and a Qui-Gon. I also have a spare Inigou head sculpt that has already been prepped for hairing so that it can be painted as Sith Anakin. However I may hold on that plan now, to see if it can mod to an EP II Anakin. Hopefully HT will make all of them as well as Mace, Yoda, Dooku, etc. I may sell the customs down the road to recover some of my investment. They may end up essentially worthless, who knows. That's one of the realities of collecting.

Last edited:
Your animation had negatived all the sculptors in this forum who had paid lots of efforts and time on customising the figures one by one without any support of high tech equipment. Each figure is unique which sculptor has consumed several months on modification, painting and root hair. If you base on your salary and think about their time cost I'm sure the price is worth enough. Please respect all the sculptors and collectors here.

And guys thanks for the msgs but please ignore the trolls ;) they are here just for that. clearly ;) let him think that I'm sad because of his big msg or picture montage. 😂

Back