Anakin Skywalker - show us your custom figures !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And people wonder why the customs section gets smaller and smaller. :lol

Please keep it civil. I deleted a couple posts that were just short personal attacks but I left the most recent detailed/constructive comments.

Remember that customs take a lot of personal time and effort. I'm sure any artist appreciates constructive criticizms but try to keep it helpful and pleasant. Coming in to attack someone's work is impolite and not helpful. These kinds of posts are what have scared off professional artists from these types of boards.

Thank you. :peace:peace

Please keep it civil. I deleted a couple posts that were just short personal attacks but I left the most recent detailed/constructive comments.

Remember that customs take a lot of personal time and effort. I'm sure any artist appreciates constructive criticizms but try to keep it helpful and pleasant. Coming in to attack someone's work is impolite and not helpful. These kinds of posts are what have scared off professional artists from these types of boards.

Thank you. :peace:peace

Thank you

Still missing one to be deleted to be honest but ok. I will never understand some guys attitude on bashing others custom as soon HT release a figure.

Still missing one to be deleted to be honest but ok. I will never understand some guys attitude on bashing others custom as soon HT release a figure.

I think its just some that were jealous of not having a custom and now feel the need to bash as a licensed figure is released. I am excited HT is coming out with an Anakin but I still think the customs you have are better than the HT one.

21ae2c659eaa1e79e8bfc23d0b9a6d8b.jpg

I love this character very much and this Vancei version would be one of best to date yet I'm excited to get hottoys version.
I didn't know owning the Vancei version would be branded as stupid [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21ae2c659eaa1e79e8bfc23d0b9a6d8b.jpg

I love this character very much and this Vancei version would be one of best to date yet I'm excited to get hottoys version.
I didn't know owning the Vancei version would be branded as stupid [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful as always bro!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings collectors, there are some amazing mods and upgrades here and I'm loving the modded head sculpts.

I'm looking at trying some customizing myself.

I've just purchased two SSC Jedi Order Anakins, and although the idea to have the heads customized by one of the talented artists mentioned here is tempting, the reality is, I just can't afford too... but in saying that, I'm willing to take the challenge and mod them myself but dunno where to start.

Paints, enamels, acrylics, brushes, tools to get me on my way, any suggestions, tips to steer me in the right direction?

Seriously? This thread was put together because collectors have worked very hard and spent money to put together customs of a character that had been woefully ignored by Hot Toys. Years ago HT said they wouldn't even get to the PT line until after the OT and sequels. Who knew how long that would be? Vancie's Anakin was the first figure that brought 1:6 to my attention long before I started collecting figures. I was absolutely floored by the level of detail and realism. I even had a chance to pick one up, but at the time $2k seemed an insane amount. Little did I know then.

Once I did start collecting 1:6 about 6-7 years ago I was thrilled to see Hot Toys get the license because Sideshow's humans were subpar. Ive picked up almost all of the HT 1:6 SW figures. I figured it would finally be a way to get an Anakin and other PT characters that would meet or exceed the amazing Vancie fig without spending $2k (which by then was as much as $5k). Year after year Hot Toys said they were going to produce Anakin, but year after year crickets. Up until last week customs seemed the only way that we were going to see decent quality prequel figures for at least another five years. Now that door has been opened. And judging by the responses on the thread (at least 2x more than any other SW figure shown) there's been a lot of pent up demand.

It is absolutely childish to jump around, point fingers and insult collectors who've done their best to get prequel characters into their collections because a company with millions in resources is finally going to produce an Anakin. So what? I never get why some folks take pleasure in taunting collectors when HT re-releases a figure that has gone way up in value, a producer releases a figure that was only available as a limited custom, or a better version comes along. It's the nature of the hobby. Why celebrate that a collectible may lose value? Why try to diminish the time, money, and passion someone has committed to his/her collection? It's both disrespectful and inexcusable.

I was pretty methodical in putting together my custom Anakin. I picked up Memphis's excellent outfit, Inigou's amazing sculpt, and had it painted and haired by the incredibly talented Jake Rahmier. So all in about $1k. Just missing a CRT lightsaber. Unfortunately I haven't been able to put it together because the collection is in storage. Do I regret it now that HT has finally shown an Anakin? Absolutely not! It will be at least a year before HT Anakin is in hand. I'm planning to pick up one or two and will spend another $200-$300 to get those haired.

While I'm thrilled that HT is finally getting to prequel figs, but I'm not going to wait around 2-3-4 years. I've got Inigou's Obi-Wan in the works, Warriors Gate Queen Amidala and Geonosis Padme, and a Qui-Gon. I also have a spare Inigou head sculpt that has already been prepped for hairing so that it can be painted as Sith Anakin. However I may hold on that plan now, to see if it can mod to an EP II Anakin. Hopefully HT will make all of them as well as Mace, Yoda, Dooku, etc. I may sell the customs down the road to recover some of my investment. They may end up essentially worthless, who knows. That's one of the realities of collecting.

Well said Nexus. I've always wondered why people would laugh at those who spent money on customs when a licensed version is released. I think it is jealousy that they were unable to afford the custom and now feel as if they have revenge by getting a cheaper licensed figure. There is still something to be said about customs that is the bases of collecting.....UNIQUE.....LIMITED (actually limited not HT version of limited)!!!!!

Long time without posting here , im still waiting for the wired lightsabers to arrive so i finally can complete the duo. for anakin he is using the Hot toys hilt and Obi wan as was a custom figure he had to rebuild the hilt in order to make it work , great work so far !
IMG_4901.jpgIMG_4870.jpgIMG_4158.jpgIMG_6474.jpgFullSizeRender (4).jpgIMG_6473.jpg

Back