An idea for Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I ask why posters thing this will never happen? Can't understand why more companies don't do this, has to make sense from a business perspective.

Can I ask why posters thing this will never happen? Can't understand why more companies don't do this, has to make sense from a business perspective.

Sideshow is a jack-of-all-trades company when it comes to collectibles. They make their own stuff and sell stuff from other companies for the sake of the hobby and the source. Thus, I think they're spread too thin, therefore there isn't enough logistics behind this line.

If people bought more of 'em then maybe we'd see more?

Sideshow is a jack-of-all-trades company when it comes to collectibles. They make their own stuff and sell stuff from other companies for the sake of the hobby and the source. Thus, I think they're spread too thin, therefore there isn't enough logistics behind this line.

If people bought more of 'em then maybe we'd see more?

Thank you.

Perhaps in the future we will see this happen as figure prices continue to drive up. It in theory should cater to a wider market. Two companies already confirmed that from next year they will be selling carded sets, Kaustic Plastik and Asmus Toys.

I actually suggested this a while back directly to SS. Not for the uniforms, but for different trooper heads. I was army building at the time , they never responded, so I took it as a no.

Sideshow wouldn't miss the opportunity to make money off of full figure releases. Plus, as Kibagami said, their resources are tapped as it is, with them going back on their word of releasing 4 figures to now just two a year and SW re-releasing a bunch of clones and Boba, while they bail on both to focus on the DC line nobody seems to want. :lol

Sideshow has been relying more and more on other companies products to sell because nobody is buying their overpriced polystone junk.

I'm waiting for EVILFACE & MANDO to formally announce the creation of their own official 1:6 business specializing in limited runs of custom "GI JOE-ish" inspired head sculpts, accessories, and uniform sets to address a need that Sideshow will never address.

Their business model will be simple and their customer base initially will be by invitation/membership only and based on the reception & sales, then they may consider expanding appropriately.

;)

I'm waiting for EVILFACE & MANDO to formally announce the creation of their own official 1:6 business specializing in limited runs of custom "GI JOE-ish" inspired head sculpts, accessories, and uniform sets to address a need that Sideshow will never address.

Their business model will be simple and their customer base initially will be by invitation/membership only and based on the reception & sales, then they may consider expanding appropriately.

;)

I'd be down. What would you estimate something like the H.E.A.T Viper and would be if they say did 20 and put them out?

The problem is as much as I love how EF's & King's, to me I couldn't probably see going much more than 250 - 300 ish and I think with the time and effort put in on the project, I'd be lowballing them. Maybe that would work if we sent them our own bodies and they just sent us back a completed figure, I don't know, but I'd love to see what kind of pricing would be attached to these projects.

Personally speaking . . . should such an endeavor ever come to being . . .

EVILFACE & MANDO pretty much run the show by coming up with the head sculpts, uniforms, accessories/weapons, and a customized card art backing all sealed in a plastic with the file card for each character individually serial numbered with their custom seal or something like that for authenticity and production run would be around 50 to 100 pieces tops depending on the character done in waves or whatever production & release schedule they prefer.

Price though is the challenge among other things. NO ONE should be a cheap@$$ and expect it all for $100.00 or so. It'll definitely be $200.00 minimum and up due to the sheer caliber & expertise of the work involved.

Something like is where the absolute true "ELITE" will be distinguished.

;)

I've told everyone what to get to make the Greenshirts. It's easy and inexpensive.

Yep and I do like how the Toy Soldier uni Greenshirts turn out, but they're not 100% accurate. It appears the original Greenshirts have more of a green sweatshirt with arm pouches and plain cargo pants with different colored pockets. I'd also like more accurate Greenshirt helmets which don't exist in 1:6. So there's still room for SSC to make thier own Greenshirts.
The Cobra Trooper on the other hand needs specific items that don't exist outside of SSC's First Cobra Troops. I'd love for SSC to release a new Cobra Trooper with more accurate basic webgear, Cobra cartoon gun, and a improved helmet.

Personally speaking . . . should such an endeavor ever come to being . . .

EVILFACE & MANDO pretty much run the show by coming up with the head sculpts, uniforms, accessories/weapons, and a customized card art backing all sealed in a plastic with the file card for each character individually serial numbered with their custom seal or something like that for authenticity and production run would be around 50 to 100 pieces tops depending on the character done in waves or whatever production & release schedule they prefer.

Price though is the challenge among other things. NO ONE should be a cheap@$$ and expect it all for $100.00 or so. It'll definitely be $200.00 minimum and up due to the sheer caliber & expertise of the work involved.

Something like is where the absolute true "ELITE" will be distinguished.

;)

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture
And well worth it.

Last edited:
I would gladly spend $200 for EF's and Mando's work . The quality and accuracy would surpass Sideshow, and Sideshow's stuff is approaching $200 per figure. Now, my question is: would EF and Mando do flex pay? :)

Yep and I do like how the Toy Soldier uni Greenshirts turn out, but they're not 100% accurate. It appears the original Greenshirts have more of a green sweatshirt with arm pouches and plain cargo pants with different colored pockets.

I agree. The green shirts should be a sweater. I used ACI green wooly pulleys on my Stalker, Rock n Roll and Grunt. I need new pics of Stalker, but here are RnR and Grunt.
a22018f96da935f2098b616ed4cfaa4e.jpg

57aec21c.jpg

Yep and I do like how the Toy Soldier uni Greenshirts turn out, but they're not 100% accurate. It appears the original Greenshirts have more of a green sweatshirt with arm pouches and plain cargo pants with different colored pockets. I'd also like more accurate Greenshirt helmets which don't exist in 1:6. So there's still room for SSC to make thier own Greenshirts.

I made mine to resemble the card art as far as look, color and accessories go and to fit in with what SS has given us so far. Based on RnR, Stalker and Snake Eyes, accurate sweaters, helmets and colored pants/arm pockets are not on Sideshow list, even if they ever offer any more Greenshirts. Destro and V2 Storm Shadow are prolly good indications of what we see from SS going forward.

I made mine to resemble the card art as far as look, color and accessories go and to fit in with what SS has given us so far. Based on RnR, Stalker and Snake Eyes, accurate sweaters, helmets and colored pants/arm pockets are not on Sideshow list, even if they ever offer any more Greenshirts. Destro and V2 Storm Shadow are prolly good indications of what we see from SS going forward.

:exactly:

I love what you did with your Greenshirts! I think they look classic and fit right in with the SS stuff to date.

Last edited:
To do that, they'd need to start releasing nudes with generic heads, as well.

They can release their Rock n Roll body carded at $40. It would sell. Put a masked head on it, or even go headless. I really like the arms on those bodies. I would get a few, but whenever I have the cash, I can't find them.

They can release their Rock n Roll body carded at $40. It would sell. Put a masked head on it, or even go headless. I really like the arms on those bodies. I would get a few, but whenever I have the cash, I can't find them.

At $40 and headless, they'll rot with HT bods being close to that pricepoint. You'd need the heads to keep sales up for kitbashers to work with them after swapping out all the bodies on the previously released Joes.

Back