An idea for Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At $40 and headless, they'll rot with HT bods being close to that pricepoint. You'd need the heads to keep sales up for kitbashers to work with them after swapping out all the bodies on the previously released Joes.

Ok, but there's no way they'd sell them for around $25 (which is what I honestly feel a base body should cost) I mean, I really don't even know why I'm still talking about this, it won't ever happen. I just remember the good ol days of carded bodies and uniform sets, and weapons sets 21st Century and Dragon and Bbi used to put out. Sorry for the nostalgia!

Great idea, i said something similar a few years ago. The thing is you can use all the great headsculpts out there so your Cobra troop don't all look alike.

But what if Hasbro pruduced them as part of their 12" line as long as they fit the modern 1/6 body, the old uni's had shorter arms shirts and the trousers were short in the leg. Hasbro can produce quality when they put their mind to it, plus without the licensing SSC pays the cost should be a lot cheaper?

Great idea, i said something similar a few years ago. The thing is you can use all the great headsculpts out there so your Cobra troop don't all look alike.

But what if Hasbro pruduced them as part of their 12" line as long as they fit the modern 1/6 body, the old uni's had shorter arms shirts and the trousers were short in the leg. Hasbro can produce quality when they put their mind to it, plus without the licensing SSC pays the cost should be a lot cheaper?

:nono Not only do "all the great headsculpts" come in for the most part smaller than Sideshow's, but they lack the certain stylized look Sideshow's given their Joes. Additionally, the Hasbro clothes really don't even come close to comparing to Sideshow's stuff. Maybe the odd accessory here or there, but clothes, oversized weapons, soft-sculpt boots, cheesy rubber belts, etc., they're meant for kids to play with, not high-end collectibles.

:nono Not only do "all the great headsculpts" come in for the most part smaller than Sideshow's, but they lack the certain stylized look Sideshow's given their Joes. Additionally, the Hasbro clothes really don't even come close to comparing to Sideshow's stuff. Maybe the odd accessory here or there, but clothes, oversized weapons, soft-sculpt boots, cheesy rubber belts, etc., they're meant for kids to play with, not high-end collectibles.

Not everyone uses the Sideshow headsculpts, mainly because of they see them as unrealistic, due to the stylized look. But seeing as the thread was mainly about Cobra uni's then the smaller headsculpt using a cloth ski mask wouldn't be a problem for the 'oversized' helmets.

I agree with your summary of Hasbro but there has been exceptions, notably their James Bond figures which at the time where the only Bond figure since the genuine toys produced by Mego. I was thinking more in the lines of Hasbro taking some hints from 21st Century, may be producing a 'collector' line, which seeing as GIJOE is their licensed property they wouldn't need to hike the prices up. I don't think anyone who collects SSC Joes wants to be paying Hot toys prices?

Back