#SS-126 Soldier Story 1/6th Scale WWII US 101st Airborne DIV. 1st Battalion 506th PIR, Private First Class Collectible Action Figure (Pvt. Ryan)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyAndFight

©Fly, All rights reserved
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like Soldier Story is still alive. Not sure if they are going to jump into the "Saving Private Ryan" swimming pool alongside Facepool and DiD but the more competition, the merrier.

#SS-126 Soldier Story 1/6 World War II US 101st Airborne Division , 1st Battalion , 506th Regiment, Private Private Collection Action Figure

Soldier head sculpture

WWII U.S. Army Statue Real Head Sculpture

1/6 movable body
S6.0 Type-B 1/6 movable body
Weapon hand shape (pair)
Enhanced Thigh Sleeves (Pair)
feet (pair)

uniform
M42 Paratrooper Combat Uniform ( with 101st Airborne Division embroidered insignia and rank embroidered insignia )
M42 paratrooper combat pants
stained vest
Paratrooper boots ( made with new technology of full leather )

combat equipment
M2 paratrooper helmet ( made of alloy )
M2 paratrooper helmet suspension
M1 Garand 10 inch bayonet
M1 Garand 10" bayonet set ;
M3 double-edged fighting
M3 double-edged fighting set
M1910 standard kettle ( made of alloy )
M1910 standard cup
M1943 Folding Shovel ( made of alloy )
MK2 grenade X 2
TL-122 Flashlight
GI standard watch
M-1936 Combat Harness
M-1936 Paratrooper Field Backpack
M-1936 Belt
M1 Magazine Bag X 5
M1943 Folding Shovel Bag
M-1910 Water Bottle Bag

arms
M1A1 Bazooka Bazooka
Bazooka Canvas
M6A1 Rocket X 2
M6A1 half-stage rocket effect piece
Transparent rocket launch effect piece
M6A1 rocket storage tube
M1 Garand Rifle ( made of real wood frame and alloy )
Metal bullet clip ( made by stamping metal sheet )
.30 Cal. Bullet X 8 ( CNC Lathe Brass )
.30 Cal. 8 Round Leak Clip X 2 ( Plastic )
M7 grenade launcher ( some are metal parts )
M6A3 Rocket X 2
M1907 standard leather strap

puppet stand
luxury round display stand
scene stand sticker

174713zuien8nhw6shsian.jpg

61bea913270fab19ed08dbbdea6f8b73d2d28ae5.jpeg

174727gixqe77ijehj4jh0.jpg

Last edited:
I've already got the Facepool version pre-ordered but this one may be good for loose parts.

Neither of the two have a great head sculpt of a young Matt Damon, though. Perhaps DiD will come through?...

Oddly enough DID just showed the unpainted sculpt of Ryan on FB today. Probably poor taste to post here. OP if you want me to delete just say so.
View attachment 581776
No problem posting it here. Good to see and compare them. Once it is officially revealed by DiD, someone will open up it's own thread.

And by the way, I'm liking DiD's the best, so far. I picked up a "Jason Bourne" head sculpt from Ebay to possibly replace the Facepool sculpt but DiD may have me ordering theirs, as well...

The head sculpt looks terrible for 2022 it looks like their old 2010 sculpts and the overall tailoring looks very poor, the knife isn't even tied to the boot properly, at least we get more quality equipment because that's the only thing this figure is good for.

Pretty sad this is what has come of soldier story one of the original more higher-quality military brands from the old days this company used to be my favorite.

Funny/scummy that DiD puts out their prototype sculpt one day after the soldier story announcement, not the first time they do it either.

hopefully DiD can pull through because I know a lot of you need an actual good Ryan in the collection and I definitely wouldn't mind a good upgrade to my DiD 1.0 Ryan.

The head sculpt looks terrible for 2022 it looks like their old 2010 sculpts and the overall tailoring looks very poor, the knife isn't even tied to the boot properly, at least we get more quality equipment because that's the only thing this figure is good for.

Pretty sad this is what has come of soldier story one of the original more higher-quality military brands from the old days this company used to be my favorite.

Funny/scummy that DiD puts out their prototype sculpt one day after the soldier story announcement, not the first time they do it either.

hopefully DiD can pull through because I know a lot of you need an actual good Ryan in the collection and I definitely wouldn't mind a good upgrade to my DiD 1.0 Ryan.
I agree. SS is a shell of they used to be. I was actually surprised to see a new figure announced by them. I thought that they were pretty much done.

They could have made a bigger impact if they had announced a Medic Wade figure, which neither DiD nor Facepool have announced yet.

It's out.
Just like I said in my first post Soldier story should really just be doing sets for the equipment and rifle.
151950apmt8mcrpqprpbs6.jpeg
151951ksysn7xxxenh6yen.jpeg

151952b11ll6sz9mjlmml1.jpeg

I'm not sure where to begin, in regards to this figure. They are late to the "Ryan" party and with a lackluster head sculpt. At least if it was an amazing sculpt, it would have possibly pulled me into picking it up.

Back