An amazing lady lost, but not forgotten.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry for your loss as well.
How about 95 years for Ms Grace though? Outstanding ma'am.

I'm sorry for your loss as well.
How about 95 years for Ms Grace though? Outstanding ma'am.

Thank you for your comments everyone. They are greatly appreciated. It always helps a person in a trying time. I understand my grandmother lived a long life and truth be told I wished she had gone in yesteryear, only because she wasn't the same grandmother/mother that the family remembered. She had suffered from dementia in those final years. She no longer was living a quality of life. For the past few years she was in pain and discomfort and wanted to go. She walked almost anywhere she needed to get to (even at great distances, and did so into her later years), and ate so healthy (this woman was fit until the very end), not to mention she had a massive family. 7 kids and 3 generations below them. We're still trying to figure out how big the family is. It's sprawled out all over the globe. She has left quite a legacy. I was very close to her and can say she did live an outstandingly good life.

Having said all of that, it's still difficult to lose 3 family members in a 5-6 month period. One, a second mother, and another, a biological father, who if it weren't for him I wouldn't be able to enjoy life as I know it, and my fantastic step father who has done so much for the family.

I suppose losing my dad was much more difficult because he went far too early, but it is never easy losing someone who you were very close to. Yes my grandmother lived for a very long time, but after my mother she raised me and was there for me anytime I needed her. As my cousin so accurately commented on, she was the rock of the family. She will be missed.

yeah. I feel you, bro, I'vv been there too, bro, hang in there, bro.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Getting ready for my second funeral in 6 months. Two hours... So not looking forward to this.

Back