Am I being ripped off?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimFeliz

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help me her, this is a question to any Aussies out there.

I haven't yet got any of the PF SW line, I just haven't had they spare cash with everything else. When I saw the Luke and Yoda I had to get it. Luke is just so sexy in that outfit. Hmm well on with my question. I ordered him in from a local collectors shop near me. I have been told it will be $650. I'm just curious is this a rip off? Has anyone seen cheaper? I've seen the other PF’s got for $250 on Ebay. Only thing I really need to purchase from someone willing to lay-by.

I worked out with shipping and conversion rates it would cost me about $650 to purchase direct from sideshow. I just don't have a lot of money to waste but I will splurge now and then on something worth it.

On a side not I currently have the PF Jason on lay-by at a different shop (for about 9 months now). He was $450, which seems more reasonable to me.

$650 for Luke/Yoda PF? Sorry but that is a riddiculous amount to pay no matter what country you live in.

If you convert $US to $AU he would be $447. I guess that's and extra $200, I just would hate to miss out on it. That's why I'm asking if anyone here knows of a better price.

Going from my experience $650 sounds about right for regular retail - however expect in the following months to see these sell for much less on ebay - through the same retailers in the following months if their stocks are still left.
I believe Vader was $650 with the others ranging from $450 up what I have seen...:monkey1

It's the price we pay for living in the best country :monkey3

Hmmm....
MEBeat.jpg
:monkey3

gambit said:
if that is the compare base, than Turkiye is better :)

You got to be kidding.... I think I'd prefer to live in a country where there is some degree of free speech and you'd can't be jailed for "insulting Turkishness

From Amnesty International:

Turkey: Article 301 is a threat to freedom of expression and must be repealed now!
Amnesty International is extremely concerned at the frequent use of Article 301 of the Turkish Penal Code (TPC) to prosecute human rights defenders, journalists and other members of civil society peacefully expressing their dissenting opinion. Article 301, on the denigration of Turkishness, the Republic, and the foundation and institutions of the State, was introduced with the legislative reforms of 1 June 2005 and replaced Article 159 of the old penal code. Amnesty International repeatedly opposed the use of Article 159 to prosecute non-violent critical opinion and called on the Turkish authorities to abolish the article.

Shai - don't visit :chew

Or I guess you're referring to the fact you get shafted even worse than we do on shipping ;)

EDIT: On addressing the original question - I don't think there's any problem with availability of Star Wars PF's - I'd save up and get it off E-bay myself.

Correction, Canada is the best country in the world to live in, but Australia comes in a close second, followed by Norway.

For quality of life of course.

I would have a look at some of the boards dealers and get in contact with them for a price including shipping. I never thought I could get, particularly a PF, for a good price from abroad, considering the shipping. I bought my first PF from the Godfather, or rather Fireside Collectibles, which has the PF you want for $300.

https://www.firesidecollectibles.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=811

Shipping at that time was less expensive than it is now. I can't quite remember the circumstances, whether or not it was discounted as well. I was able to get my Dracula for less than I could get it from my local dealer, who gives me around A$100 discount. I was amazed. It's up to you to search out your own satisfactory deal, we can only lead you, through our own experiences.

As for living in the best country, I think we pay enough now, and don't like being ripped off to that tune. Rather than rip into my dissatisfaction of our country I say look around, $50 saved is $50 toward your next purchase, and a $50 more satisfying current purchase at that.

LordAzrael said:
You got to be kidding.... I think I'd prefer to live in a country where there is some degree of free speech and you'd can't be jailed for "insulting Turkishness

:lol:lol:lol

LordAzrael said:

Or I guess you're referring to the fact you get shafted even worse than we do on shipping ;)

EDIT: On addressing the original question - I don't think there's any problem with availability of Star Wars PF's - I'd save up and get it off E-bay myself.
Someone needs to get his head out of John Howards @$$!!:rolleyes:

carbo-fation said:
Someone needs to get his head out of John Howards @$$!!:rolleyes:

What's an international report by Amnesty International on Turkey's anti-freedom of speech laws got to do with John Howard ? They usually DISAGREE with the Libs.

Shipping to this part of the world seems to be going through the roof - I just paid US$80 to Sideshow for them to ship the exclusive Legolas to New Zealand (that's a grand total of around US$140 for Legolas). Granted, this is FedEx (and after complaining to Sideshow they've promised to at least hear my plea for additional shipping options for overseas customers) but still ... VERY expensive. No more exclusives for me unless they're from eBay, alas ... :(

Hey didn't mean to start any thing with the best country stuff :lol
I think we can all agree that we all live in the best country :monkey1
On the question hope your getting the answer you wanted it's all a bit confusing to me.... I usually buy case fresh aswell the free shipping helps alot with the big items.

Back