Alternate PF Buffy Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So....I received her and I definitely dislike her. The eyebrows ruin the whole thing for me so back she goes. Plus I don't like the paint apps or the hair. I am also going to sell my Spike I guess because I don't see the point of having a Spike without Buffy. It's over for me.

That somewhat saddens me, but Sideshow has ruined it this time. You're in your right to send her back. I would probably do it as well, for what I've seen. I would keep Spike anyway, not having Buffy to go with her doesn't make it less worth having it, it's still the most amazing statue!

I agree about Spike he is still amazing and I haven't really decided to sell him yet. However, the Buffy disappointment goes much further than just the eyebrows, but to answer the previous question, the eyebrows seem much bigger in person than in the photos. ...to me anyway.

Also, her clothes just don't fit well. Her back pockets are way below her butt and don't look natural. Her ponytail is atrocious to me. I know it seems like I am tearing this statue apart unfairly and you have my apology if it offends you or you really like this statue. I have already called Sideshow to return her though.

Sorry for not posting pics yet. I was busy on Sunday. I'll probably take the pics on Wednesday because that will be my next opportunity to take the pics during the day (better lighting).

I will probably keep the figure, but I haven't decided for sure yet.

I agree about Spike he is still amazing and I haven't really decided to sell him yet. However, the Buffy disappointment goes much further than just the eyebrows, but to answer the previous question, the eyebrows seem much bigger in person than in the photos. ...to me anyway.

Also, her clothes just don't fit well. Her back pockets are way below her butt and don't look natural. Her ponytail is atrocious to me. I know it seems like I am tearing this statue apart unfairly and you have my apology if it offends you or you really like this statue. I have already called Sideshow to return her though.

I can live with the ponytail. I can even deal with the clothes. They look fine on my PF. But those furry, overgrown Pacino eyebrows are exactly what El Ror**** said they were: MUCH bigger in person than in the photos. To add insult to injury Sideshow made the adjustment to the brows on the PF used for the images on the Pacakaging.

It's as though SS heard the complaints and said "Let's tease these babies" and decided to only alter the PF used for the images on the packaging and none of the actual PFs being shipped to the customers. I hope that someone can prove me wrong on this point.

I am not sending it back though. I'd like to do a custom job on the brows. Would anyone know what type of paint and equipment I would need to accomplish this task?

I can live with the ponytail. I can even deal with the clothes. They look fine on my PF. But those furry, overgrown Pacino eyebrows are exactly what El Ror**** said they were: MUCH bigger in person than in the photos. To add insult to injury Sideshow made the adjustment to the brows on the PF used for the images on the Pacakaging.
It's as though SS heard the complaints and said "Let's tease these babies" and decided to only alter the PF used for the images on the packaging and none of the actual PFs being shipped to the customers. I hope that someone can prove me wrong on this point.

HAHAHA! That is exactly what I was thinking. I can't believe they changed the eyebrows on the box and left them looking like huge furry creatures growing on her face on the actual statue. In any regard she is going back today. I called SS yesterday and they were very quick to send out an RMA number.

I am not sending it back though. I'd like to do a custom job on the brows. Would anyone know what type of paint and equipment I would need to accomplish this task?

The problem with doing a custom job is that those beasts are sculpted on-it's not just paint!:horror:google To me, I don't know how someone thought that was SMG with those hamsters growing on her face. :lol

In all seriousness though, both my girlfriend and I were very disappointed when we pulled her out of the box. She just didn't live up to our expectations and we were both left wishing we could have the figure pictured on the box. :(

One of the most ironic things about this whole experience is that I finally got a piece with nearly no QC issues but I dislike the figure immensely. On every item I actually want there are hideous flaws that mar it and I just have to either get a replacement or cope with them but as far as this Buffy goes....she is nearly perfect. :rotfl:lol:rotfl I am spited.

The problem with doing a custom job is that those beasts are sculpted on-it's not just paint!:horror:google To me, I don't know how someone thought that was SMG with those hamsters growing on her face. :lol :(

The overall sculpt does not bother me. The scale is just right. Buffy looks at home scalewise next to my Scarface and Spike PFs. It's just the paint app on those freaking brows that bothers me. And for the record I am not a breast man.

hey Rory, did you take detailed pics of her before you sent it back?

No unfortunately not. I should of though to help people decide before they purchased her. Honestly, I pulled her out and set her down on the base and both my GF and I said "nope". Then we packed her right back up. If she had looked like she did on the box she would have been a keeper.

If you go to the Sideshow site and click on the 360 view of her and then zoom in to her face you will have a good idea of how her eyebrows are. In person they are a little more in your face though. :lol

Don't mind me though guys, I am really picky sometimes. I might be Gruson JR. :monkey1

Wow, that sucks man.... I hope to score one eventually, just to try and remedy the problems. I really like the outfit and hair style, works better for Buffy than the other statue did... I really think I could fix it.

Sand down the brows or something... :lol

Well, I can't pick it...some say that it looks awful, and some of the pictures posted here do make it look bad....and some say, "what are you talkin' about?? She looks great!..".

So, each to their own I suppose...I am just glad for my own sake I didn't get one, because, if it turns out bad, it has to be sent back to the other side of the planet...yadda, yadda...and that would be too frustrating. When buying something like these collectables, you shouldn't have to gamble on geting a "good one.."

Do you reckon shes got the whole dress underneath?
i mean, if we took the leather trousers off, would she have the whole dress and boots on?
Wayne

Lol no worries man. I returned her today. I will make sure to know for sure in the future if I like something or not before I order it though. I don't like paying for double shipping. :lol

Too bad.....
I might have taken her off your hands.....:monkey2

It´s strange though. I´ve seen pics where she looks great, but others that are just..... bleh.

Back