"Almost... There..." Luke is Processing!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sebcanadaceo said:
I've checked my Sideshow account several times in the last several days and nowhere does it say that my "Luke" is shipping soon...

Perhaps it is because mine is the "Regular Edition" and they ship out all the "Exclusives" first? Though I did get the same e-mail as everyone else.

Don't stress too much about what your accoun tsays. I've got a few figs already on my shelf that my account claims are "processing."

sebcanadaceo said:
I've checked my Sideshow account several times in the last several days and nowhere does it say that my "Luke" is shipping soon...

Perhaps it is because mine is the "Regular Edition" and they ship out all the "Exclusives" first? Though I did get the same e-mail as everyone else.

Both Exclusive and Reg Luke will ship out at same time, they were all shipped to the SSC Warehouse together and SS doesn't ship Exclusives first, they have a WHOLE lot of Web Retailers/Stores to satisfy.

Hang in there kids, just a few more days now. Love to see the FIRST EVER SS Freaks actual "in hand" Luke pics posted. Hmm, who out there will oblige?

Wouldn't be me but I'm very interested in the pictures. Want to see one in hand at a retailer and mayby then I will go for the whole line:cool:

To the one that get's it first. Please post some cool en very detailed pictures:lightsabe

I get mine the next morning, but my camera isn't so hot and the lighting is terrible. But I will put some up and they can do until Resin Dog gets his uploaded!!

tomandshell said:
I get mine the next morning, but my camera isn't so hot and the lighting is terrible. But I will put some up and they can do until Resin Dog gets his uploaded!!

Whatever quality they are Tom, I'm afraid they'll be a WHOLE LOT BETTER than the last SS Production pics, those were embarrasingly awful for such a highly anticipated Collector's item! I think SS has already said they are doing new one's even though Luke is virtually sold out everywhere, web sites, etc.

I live in L.A. so I'll get them next day too, but I don't know how to post pics here yet (still a crawlin' newbie in that regard)

I've heard there's pics of Luke in some magazine. Anyone know?

Anyone scan some pics? :monkey5

pjam said:
I live in L.A. so I'll get them next day too, but I don't know how to post pics here yet (still a crawlin' newbie in that regard)

Posting pics is easier than you think--don't be intimidated, just have fun! Take the picture, then file it somewhere on your hard drive. Go to https://imageshack.us/ and click on "Browse," then navigate to the folder on your hard drive that contains the picture and select it. If the selected picture is too big, you can choose to resize it automatically. The picture will then be uploaded from your computer and placed online. You will be shown a results page with several links to the website you just created that holds your image.

On the results page, there will be several options available. If you copy the "Direct Link" information, you can paste the photo directly into your post here by first clicking the little photo icon in the toolbar, then pasting the copied text. If it is a really big picture, it is bad form to use the direct link posting option, and you can instead have mercy on those with dialup and use the "Thumbnail for Forums" option. With that, you can copy and paste straight into your post without using the toolbar, and in the resulting post, there will be a nicely sized preview image that viewers may click and be taken to Imageshack for the full size version. Play around with it and you will find that it's not as hard as it seems!

If the pic isn't too big you can upload it here directly and bypass all the folderoll of Imageshack. Just keep them at 72 dpi and a reasonable size. Go to manage attachments when posting in a thread and it will guide you through uploading them.

I get mine in two days after they ship. I would be willing to try and get some pics of my exclusive version. I am in photography classes so I could try some dramatic lighting effects too... maybe even try to get that lightsaber to ignite :rolleyes:

Where's that fed ex ground pre-shipment notice? I want my Luke this week, so I better get it no later than Thursday night.

tomandshell said:
Posting pics is easier than you think--don't be intimidated, just have fun! Take the picture, then file it somewhere on your hard drive. Go to https://imageshack.us/ and click on "Browse," then navigate to the folder on your hard drive that contains the picture and select it. If the selected picture is too big, you can choose to resize it automatically. The picture will then be uploaded from your computer and placed online. You will be shown a results page with several links to the website you just created that holds your image.

On the results page, there will be several options available. If you copy the "Direct Link" information, you can paste the photo directly into your post here by first clicking the little photo icon in the toolbar, then pasting the copied text. If it is a really big picture, it is bad form to use the direct link posting option, and you can instead have mercy on those with dialup and use the "Thumbnail for Forums" option. With that, you can copy and paste straight into your post without using the toolbar, and in the resulting post, there will be a nicely sized preview image that viewers may click and be taken to Imageshack for the full size version. Play around with it and you will find that it's not as hard as it seems!

Dude, you work at NASA or something? Just kidding, thanks for the info, gotta learn how to do this anyway so I can share images with you guys. I have pasted and copied your instructions and filed them in "my documents", hope there won't be a surprise quiz anytime soon. Thanks again, your efforts are very much appreciated.

I will take some pics with my Sony digital camera (3.2 Mega pixels) and basically yell for help if I can't figure all that out. Maybe email the pics to someone here who can get them up on the board much easier and faster.

Between the two of us at least we can hold the line until some of the amazing tech wizards on this board can get their hi-res pics up.

Darklord Dave said:
If the pic isn't too big you can upload it here directly and bypass all the folderoll of Imageshack. Just keep them at 72 dpi and a reasonable size. Go to manage attachments when posting in a thread and it will guide you through uploading them.

Thanks Dave

Good to know. You guys on this board are really amazing! :bow

If you know how to e-mail the pics to someone, this shouldn't be hard. It's pretty much the same thing.

Buttmunch said:
maybe even try to get that lightsaber to ignite

Shouldn't be too hard just thumb the little button on the side of his lightsaber and it should flare right up. Just mind you don't put your finger over the tip unless you want to pierce your thumb...

BTW Pjam, please take out paper and a pencil for your quiz.

Agent0028 said:
Shouldn't be too hard just thumb the little button on the side of his lightsaber and it should flare right up. Just mind you don't put your finger over the tip unless you want to pierce your thumb...

BTW Pjam, please take out paper and a pencil for your quiz.

God, I still hate hearing that even though HS was over 20 yrs ago for me!

Still have that recurring dream I have an exam due and never studied. Yikes, where's "Mr. Hand" to bail me out with an oral exam when I need him!

Will definitely take pics and get them here on this thread somehow, feel I have a certain board responsibility being on the Cali front lines with Tom.

I hope this warehouse move doesn't slow the Luke shipment this week, but I can't see how it won't. I mean, Luke is supposed to ship this week and they're moving Thurs and Fri. Does that mean no Luke shipping until Monday?

More nail biting...

I thought someone contacted customer service and said that the figures will be shipping this week. Surely everyone there would know if it wasn't because they are moving. Besides, its not like they will be taking any Lukes with them :rolleyes: They have to send them out either tonight, tomorrow, or Wednesday then. Either way, if they do, I'll have mine before the weekend!

Wor-Gar said:
I hope this warehouse move doesn't slow the Luke shipment this week, but I can't see how it won't. I mean, Luke is supposed to ship this week and they're moving Thurs and Fri. Does that mean no Luke shipping until Monday?

More nail biting...

Remember, just the computer and phone stuff will be moved on Thursday and Friday. There's no way that the entire building will be moved in two days. I'm sure that the complete move will be spread out a bit more, and the shipping will not be interrupted that much.

Buttmunch said:
I thought someone contacted customer service and said that the figures will be shipping this week!

Yep, that was me...but you know how different departments communicate sometimes.

Anyway, T&S's comment makes sense. They might not move the first batch of Luke's to the new digs -- just ship from where they are and make the move over time.

I hope so. I'd like to bust out my Luke this weekend :naughty

Back