ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope.

This:

c1f3582e567f2ba11e528f4990ca9f34.jpg

Mega action series is nice! I wish I’d picked up the black convoy ...
But I’m definitely looking forward to this Megatron and the reissue with the new deco and head

Doesn't the plug just pull straight out? I remember my OG MP-36 coming with a plug from TCP and it pulled straight out... no glue or anything.

-----------------------------

Feeling pretty good. Got MT Bounceback and Meteor en route for Friday and should have MT GunDog 2N, MP Inferno, and MP Grapple here tomorrow. I sure don't want to try to have some complete G1 collection in MP scale because frankly there are bots like the autobot minis that I just don't care about but I'd really like the characters I have an attachment to to be displayed in that scale because my hope for classics is pretty much just done. I love the Cross-Dimension line but realistically that's about as far from a G1 representation as you can get without veering out into things like movie designs.

I bought the regular MP-36 from BBTS. The orange plug was glued in, but the glue was pretty weak and the plug pulled out rather easily. If this one is the same, it shouldn’t be very difficult to take it out.

There are other reports stating the total opposite. That it damaged the toy, etc etc. I'd just rather get a sealed, not plugged version if given the chance.

That was my experience when I bought the first MP Megatron years ago from BBTS. Never again, plugless for me.

Well, I don’t blame you for not wanting to take the chance, and really, who’s to say they’ll even use the same glue. The stuff they used on MP-36 reminded me of the
the adhesive that they used to use to affix mailing labels to TV Guides (for those old enough to remember those). It was sticky but didn’t really bond the plug to the barrel. A couple turns with vice grips took the plug off without damaging the barrel or the plug. But having said that, I have no way of knowing if BBTS would use the same glue or not, this time around.

Well, I don’t blame you for not wanting to take the chance, and really, who’s to say they’ll even use the same glue. The stuff they used on MP-36 reminded me of the
the adhesive that they used to use to affix mailing labels to TV Guides (for those old enough to remember those). It was sticky but didn’t really bond the plug to the barrel. A couple turns with vice grips took the plug off without damaging the barrel or the plug. But having said that, I have no way of knowing if BBTS would use the same glue or not, this time around.

Rubber Cement would be a good choice to be used. It it sticky, but does not actually bond to the plastic. When you remove rubber cement it kind of turns into a little rubber ball as you use your finger to move it around.

I'm still with Franpincho on this one.

I just like the piece of mind to have a factory sealed box with nobody touching the Chrome and leaving their oilily skin finger prints on it then placing it back into the box. Im sure that the workers of BBTS and TFSource don't care about the toy, its just a job for them to ham-hand it.

/

Yeah back then there also didnt seem to be as many options as there are today, especially if you wanted to order domestically. So honestly I don't really see a point in ordering from BBTS these days for something like Megatron when there are enough viable options without having him tampered with.

I got MP36 from BBTS as well. the orange plugs were stuck pretty good. Couldn't pull them out.

So I put a glass of water in the microwave for 4 min, and dipped the barrel of the gin into it after.

Plug came out with ease then.

Back