ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Masterpiece Movie Optimus & Bumblebee

Thanks, Popnfresh98! I am the Spanbauer from DM boards. I don’t think I’ve been there since 2009, so good memory! What was your username over there?

Hedgehog.... :rotfl

Haha no I'm kidding. Would you believe me if I told you I don't even remember my own user? I've been across so many different forums and used different names for most. I didn't post as much as many of the regulars there but I do remember interacting with you a couple times. I think I jumped ship even before you, it seemed that place became a bit of an inclusive 'agree with us or else' mentality after awhile, as was evidenced by them going private and blocking so many people. I already toned it down before that but dropped off entirely around then. Too bad, it was a fun place at first.

Anyhow not to be too gushy, but I always felt you were one of the more levelheaded guys there so it's just nice to see you on here collecting and sharing photos. It's nice to see some quality pics of mpm prime, I feel his potential has been underused thus far. Glad to hear you've got a good one as well. Personally I'm liking the Hasbro paint scheme and darker grey more, so I'm going to wait on some kind of 'second run' or perhaps a DOTM version for them to hopefully fix the gappage and tabbing problems. But I have to say those are the first shots where the lighter gray on the takara is not ruining it for me, perhaps it's the lighting.

As an aside, is anyone here thinking of getting Unique toys peru kill(not lockdown)? He looks phenomenal, the engineering is amazing, though the price has me second guessing.

1glow-10.png

Hedgehog.... :rotfl
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Haha no I'm kidding. Would you believe me if I told you I don't even remember my own user? I've been across so many different forums and used different names for most. I didn't post as much as many of the regulars there but I do remember interacting with you a couple times. I think I jumped ship even before you, it seemed that place became a bit of an inclusive 'agree with us or else' mentality after awhile, as was evidenced by them going private and blocking so many people. I already toned it down before that but dropped off entirely around then. Too bad, it was a fun place at first.
Agreed, all of the speculation was fun until the place just became a disgruntled & toxic cesspool.

Anyhow not to be too gushy, but I always felt you were one of the more levelheaded guys there so it's just nice to see you on here collecting and sharing photos. It's nice to see some quality pics of mpm prime, I feel his potential has been underused thus far. Glad to hear you've got a good one as well. Personally I'm liking the Hasbro paint scheme and darker grey more, so I'm going to wait on some kind of 'second run' or perhaps a DOTM version for them to hopefully fix the gappage and tabbing problems. But I have to say those are the first shots where the lighter gray on the takara is not ruining it for me, perhaps it's the lighting.
Hey thanks! I can understand the complaints of the Takara grey, but to me there's nothing more garish than the dark lower half of the legs on the Hasbro edition; what has been seen cannot be unseen. But both versions of the figure have some highly questionable color and material choices that I just don't understand how anyone thought were acceptable. But that's a problem I have with the main Masterpiece line as well; teal glass on the more recent Autobot cars? Pastel purple for Shockwave? Dark flat grey for Megatron? Methinks Takara-Tomy/Hasbro needs a fresh set of eyes.

Haha, that is awesome to see a Starscream with a swap out head that has Megatron choking him. :lol :lol :lol

Got the full review for Iron Factory's War Giant Attackers (Set A) up. https://kumastyledesigns.com/iron-factory-attackers-a-review/

Article itself goes into detail but overall, I think that this is a solid set. The first q.c. issue free release I remember from them in a bit. No overly tight joints or anything. Well done pieces. Just wish the weapons had better tabbing in their alt. modes. Here are some pics from the gallery portion:

2-160.png

7-134.png

5-141.png

24-27.png

13-104.png

12gow.png

Got the full review and gallery for MMC's Kultur Asterisk up: https://kumastyledesigns.com/mmc-kultur-asterisk-review/

Article obviously goes into detail but overall I really dig it. It's my first experience with the Kultur mold in general so it was cool to check it out and see how the reformatted line has progressed, particularly in the transformation aspect; night and day (in a positive way) from what I remember! Here are a few pics from the gallery portion:

13-106.png

2-162.png

9-127.png

10-122.png

Hey thanks! I can understand the complaints of the Takara grey, but to me there's nothing more garish than the dark lower half of the legs on the Hasbro edition; what has been seen cannot be unseen. But both versions of the figure have some highly questionable color and material choices that I just don't understand how anyone thought were acceptable. But that's a problem I have with the main Masterpiece line as well; teal glass on the more recent Autobot cars? Pastel purple for Shockwave? Dark flat grey for Megatron? Methinks Takara-Tomy/Hasbro needs a fresh set of eyes.

Yeah I have no idea what they're up to over at Takara, they completely changed the aesthetics of the line and it doesn't match at all with what came before. At this rate MP50 will be another Optimus reboot a la mp10. I really feel thy had the right middle ground between toon aesthetics and email before. Looking at Sunstreaker and such now... It looks terrible. No offense to anyone who likes him of course.

You're right on Optimus legs being too much of a contrast with the dark grey. I guess that's why I still haven't pulled the trigger on this guy as much as I want to. He's going to represent movie Optimus and though I suppose I can't demand perfection I'd like something where they didn't just make some weird last minute decisions or cheap out on painting some parts. Maybe a DOTM rerelease with the abs? I prefer without abs but I'd take it for an improved paint job.

I love my Gravity Builder but that PIC looks waaay better than mine in person.

Kuma, you seriously take the notion of "pics don't do it justice"and literally turn it upside down.

Kuma, you seriously take the notion of "pics don't do it justice"and literally turn it upside down.

Can I see what it looks like in real life? lol.. I instantly thought about buying one when I saw the picture!

My pics are unfiltered and shot on s straight background. Looks exactly the same as yours does in person but your eyes are forced to focus on the figure and actual details of it with nothing else around it. And thank you, friend. I appreciate your kind words.

Back