ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone help me with a problem I'm having?

I tried putting his arm cannon on, and it won't slide in all the way. It has a little tiny bit left to slide on but it's jammed. It won't even come off.

EDIT: Upon reviewing the instructions again, I was doing it wrong. I heated the plastic up with a hairdryer to get it off. It's fixed now. I'm stupid.

Last edited:
So...what's the bet place to buy masterpiece transformers in terms of prices? I have only owned one, an Optimus from around 2004 or 05 when it was rereleased at Walmart and that's it. It was one of my favorite figures but it was stolen a few years later. I'm looking to rebuy him and maybe have a small collection of 2-4 autobots and decepticons a piece. I see this anime export has good prices, seemingly. Are they reputable? Do they take paypal? Any help would be appreciated.

Megatron just arrived from AE and he's awesome! Pictures don't really show how great the paint looks in person. I thought the paint looked a little flat in pictures but that's not the case at all. His proportions are perfect IMO.

MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron

Finally had a chance to take photos of MP-36 Megatron. I'm completely blown away by this figure, who's shot right to the top of my list of all-time favorite figures. The engineering, not just in transformation but articulation & poseability, is second to none for Takara-Tomy. He really does make MP-10 Prime and MP-11 Starscream look like they're from another world; I'd love to see a Starscream figure that was as kibble-free, cartoon accurate & articulated (complete with waist swivel & ab crunch?) as MP-36.

The other thing that makes MP-36 such a joy is the bottomless pit of accessories, allowing for countless different display options. And the way the gun stalk doubles as a flight stand allows you to really take advantage of the poses this figure can achieve. And all of that articulation would be worthless were it not for how sturdy he is; the ratcheted joints assure he can strike a pose and keep it. Even the way the hands are engineered is brilliant. And the way the legs collapse & transform? Pure witchcraft.

I would have preferred his grey paint be the same as Prime's trailer or Soundwave's legs, as he can look overly dark especially in low-light environments, but at least they painted him at all (instead of leaving the grey parts bare plastic like the very disappointing Shockwave). But there's no doubting the amount of love Takara-Tomy put into this release; MP-36 Megatron is easily the best of the Masterpiece series yet. I'm so glad such an important character received such a worthy release.

Here's some pics I took.

DSC_0964.jpgDSC_0967.jpgDSC_0017.jpgDSC_0978.jpgDSC_1004.jpgDSC_0707.jpgDSC_0835.jpgDSC_0815.jpgDSC_0856.jpgDSC_0858.jpg

DSC_0768.jpgDSC_0763.jpgDSC_0919.jpgDSC_0900.jpgDSC_0738.jpgDSC_0739.jpgDSC_0747.jpgDSC_0937.jpgDSC_0948.jpgDSC_0956.jpg

DSC_0035.jpgMegatron-Transformation-sequence.jpgDSC_0080.jpgDSC_0065.jpgDSC_0791.jpgDSC_0778.jpgDSC_0713.jpgDSC_0718.jpgDSC_0686.jpgDSC_0684.jpgDSC_0032.jpgDSC_0024.jpg

Also, how badly do we need real Masterpiece Constructicons/Devastator now? :eek:

Re: MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron

Did you get any scuff marks transforming him?
A few that you can see on the right shoulder and bicep, yes, but no regrets on my part. I highly recommend:

1. Making sure the face sculpts are pressed all of the way on to avoid scuff marks on top of the head during transformation.

2. Don't press the black silencer barrel over the gun all the way; just push it until it's tight, leaving 1/4 - 1/2" exposed (as seen in my photos). So far I've been able to avoid any scuffs on the gun barrel by doing this.

A few that you can see on the right shoulder and bicep, yes, but no regrets on my part. I highly recommend:

1. Making sure the face sculpts are pressed all of the way on to avoid scuff marks on top of the head during transformation.

2. Don't press the black silencer barrel over the gun all the way; just push it until it's tight, leaving 1/4 - 1/2" exposed (as seen in my photos). So far I've been able to avoid any scuffs on the gun barrel by doing this.

Excellent pictures :clap

Finally had a chance to take photos of MP-36 Megatron. I'm completely blown away by this figure, who's shot right to the top of my list of all-time favorite figures. The engineering, not just in transformation but articulation & poseability, is second to none for Takara-Tomy. He really does make MP-10 Prime and MP-11 Starscream look like they're from another world; I'd love to see a Starscream figure that was as kibble-free, cartoon accurate & articulated (complete with waist swivel & ab crunch?) as MP-36.

The other thing that makes MP-36 such a joy is the bottomless pit of accessories, allowing for countless different display options. And the way the gun stalk doubles as a flight stand allows you to really take advantage of the poses this figure can achieve. And all of that articulation would be worthless were it not for how sturdy he is; the ratcheted joints assure he can strike a pose and keep it. Even the way the hands are engineered is brilliant. And the way the legs collapse & transform? Pure witchcraft.

I would have preferred his grey paint be the same as Prime's trailer or Soundwave's legs, as he can look overly dark especially in low-light environments, but at least they painted him at all (instead of leaving the grey parts bare plastic like the very disappointing Shockwave). But there's no doubting the amount of love Takara-Tomy put into this release; MP-36 Megatron is easily the best of the Masterpiece series yet. I'm so glad such an important character received such a worthy release.

Here's some pics I took.

attachment.php

Also, how badly do we need real Masterpiece Constructicons/Devastator now? :eek:

Great pics! One thing I do love about this figure is the battle-damaged option.

Any one get megatron from BBTS? Just wondered how easy the orange plug is to remove.

I'm also wondering about this. I still need to get Takara Megatron and Soundwave and I can't seem to find anywhere to order a Magatron without an orange plug at this point.

I ordered from BBTS and was able to remove the orange plug with vice grips. Just make sure you only clamp down on the orange part and then twist, the seal from the glue breaks pretty easy. I used the same method on the bigger plug that's on the silencer too.

IMG_3460.jpg

Any one get megatron from BBTS? Just wondered how easy the orange plug is to remove.
Easy enough. They used some type of glue that is kind of rubbery. They have 2 plugs though, one on the barrel and one on the silencer. The one on the silencer is a bit harder to remove as it is a tighter fit. But a pair of pliers will do and no damage to the paint or anything as again, the glue is kind of rubbery.

It does leave some residue but easy enough to remove.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back