ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their Cyclonus and Scourge are looking so good I'm strongly considering getting both.

539 Designs is on a par with Shogo Hasui, that's how good I think he is. His first couple of figures ( Krank & Stax ) were short of the mark and Ollie had poor QC but he's learned very quickly and he's nailed everything he's touched since.

If XTB/KFC ( The companies have the same owner & factory ) can't up their build quality his great designs won't get properly realised and that'd be a huge shame.

The initial response to the Andras test shot suggests an improvement, it'll be intresting to see what the in hand reports say about the production figure.

I'd say that's a fair assessment. Too bad he couldn't work for FansToys instead, though. :)

Man I had my dam tracks sitting at AE...
I didn't know you had to go in and set it to ship!! LOL

Sphinx is supposed to be shipping this week too! Anyone have him in hand yet?

I'd say that's a fair assessment. Too bad he couldn't work for FansToys instead, though. :)

If FT could acquire his services they'd really consolidate their position as the best maker of MP style figures.

MMC's Inferno has been renamed from Vulcan to Backdraft,

Tracks arrived yesterday. I have to say that after the initial bad reviews I was not looking forward to getting it but was pleasantly surprised. The hollowness in his body is very noticeable and it's made all the worse by the fact that the head seems to be floating above it. From the front though in robot mode it looks fantastic and the alt mode is beautiful, the paintjob is stunning.

FullSizeRenderDsm.jpg
FullSizeRenderEsm.jpg
FullSizeRenderFsm.jpg

Tracks arrived yesterday. I have to say that after the initial bad reviews I was not looking forward to getting it but was pleasantly surprised. The hollowness in his body is very noticeable and it's made all the worse by the fact that the head seems to be floating above it. From the front though in robot mode it looks fantastic and the alt mode is beautiful, the paintjob is stunning.

View attachment 223028
View attachment 223029
View attachment 223030

Glad to hear he turned up & you are happy with him.

I was probably being over critical & he is a good enough figure from the front on he looks fine but I just got a bit carried away on him.

How do you find posing him?
Do you have issues with the wings at all?

Oh & have you tried transforming him back yet??
I had humungous issues with the arms going back & in the end I just futzed it enough to put him back in the box but he's a mess & the arms & wings stick out too much now to let the wheels touch the ground on the back lol

I have tried using videos (I always do when I first transform any of the MP's as I'm hopeless with them) but nothing shows putting him back properly & I cant seem to figure it out at all lol

For all his faults that Alt mode & the colours are just amazing, worth keeping him in Alt mode I think.

Neil

Wow, that hollowness really is lame. They really couldn't find a way to clip the back to the front? Come on...

I mean, it works, I guess, but between this and Ironhide, any claims that "Takara will do such-and-such character better" should not be taken very seriously. Pretty happy about getting FansToys Hound and Badcube's Sunstreaker right now.

I'm not sold on MMC's offerings, though. Not really sure why...

Glad to hear he turned up & you are happy with him.

I was probably being over critical & he is a good enough figure from the front on he looks fine but I just got a bit carried away on him.

How do you find posing him?
Do you have issues with the wings at all?

Oh & have you tried transforming him back yet??
I had humungous issues with the arms going back & in the end I just futzed it enough to put him back in the box but he's a mess & the arms & wings stick out too much now to let the wheels touch the ground on the back lol

I have tried using videos (I always do when I first transform any of the MP's as I'm hopeless with them) but nothing shows putting him back properly & I cant seem to figure it out at all lol

For all his faults that Alt mode & the colours are just amazing, worth keeping him in Alt mode I think.

Neil

I haven't tried transforming him back yet but for the very first time with a Takara MP figure I had to reference youtube reviews for a couple of things when getting him into robot mode. I just couldn't get the front of the car to split at his ankles, right behind the license plate. I was worried about using too much force and most of the reviews didn't seem to have a problem with that bit. In the end it just seemed to be pegged in very very tightly but not knowing how much force could be used on that part was a worry. I had the same problem when snapping the head into place so it tabs in with the chest...it just didn't want to snap into place. I really like the transformation for the legs and the way the foot is not attached to the main body of the legs, but the wings of the car, is pretty clever.

Posing him seems fine so far, but like you said the wings do limit what you can do with him. The wings are a pain, and I think they would have been better on a ball joint so they could be rotated vertically (as you look at the figure from the side) away from the shoulders. They can be rotated up out of the way but they then sit at a very odd angle.

Overall it's not one of Takara's better efforts but it wasn't as bad as I thought it could be and I'm looking forward to Road Rage now. I do hope Hasui is put back in charge of the line soon though.

I'm pretty sure you guys aren't completely transforming Tracks correctly. There is a slot on his side that the backpack is supposed to clip into. I believe it makes him more secure, but also closes the gap a little bit.

FullSizeRenderDsm.jpg

I'm pretty sure you guys aren't completely transforming Tracks correctly. There is a slot on his side that the backpack is supposed to clip into. I believe it makes him more secure, but also closes the gap a little bit.

View attachment 223062

Nope, my pics were taken with the backpack clipped into the slot. It does nothing to minimize the gap.

I got my Tracks yesterday too.
He is the first official MP I've bought since Bumblebee and I'm a bit mixed on him.

The car mode is really good and the paint job is lovely.
Aspects of the transformation are quite interesting and different.
The problems all come with the the bot mode. Mainly the gaps and the awkwardness in posing him due to the wings and parts coming unpegged quite easily.
Having said that once you get him in a pose in bot mode he looks good on the shelf.

I will be keeping him but he just isn't as fun to fiddle with as the other official MP cars and for me is easily the weakest so far. He just feels like a step backwards.

Wow, that hollowness really is lame. They really couldn't find a way to clip the back to the front? Come on...

I mean, it works, I guess, but between this and Ironhide, any claims that "Takara will do such-and-such character better" should not be taken very seriously. Pretty happy about getting FansToys Hound and Badcube's Sunstreaker right now.

I'm not sold on MMC's offerings, though. Not really sure why...

Fully agree with this (although I am in on Sphinx too). I base every purchase on the merits of the figure, not the company, but Tracks could be my last official MP for a long time.

Bob

Just got both my tracks in and just opened them up. First impressions this is TRACKS! Beautiful paint job. Now on to transforming him.....

Oh Soundwave a poster at TFW altered his Tracks transformation a bit to allow clearance for the arms and to lower the backpack a bit. I like what he's done and will most likely follow suit. still a huge gap from the top looking down tho. Thought this might help you a bit with the posing.

27550985d1447121655-review-masterpiece-mp-25-tracks-20151109_192919.jpg

27550983d1447121566-review-masterpiece-mp-25-tracks-20151109_192750.jpg

27550980d1447121566-review-masterpiece-mp-25-tracks-20151109_193411.jpg

There is an alt transformation you can do where you rotate the backpack up and angle the wings reducing all gaps... figure looks super anemic from the side though...

Wow this thing is big!
Just received my oversized MP 10 from eBay. Damn this thing is huge! I am very impressed by the sturdy build on this thing! It is solid as a rock and the design changes are pretty impressive! For $98 shipped it was a pretty good deal to me! It's a great stand alone piece. Haven't transformed it yet... But so far extremely happy with it!

I got my Tracks today. I've gotta say that I don't agree with the apparent consensus here. I think the bot-mode is terrific. The transformation was pretty complex, and confusing at a couple of points due to my not being able to read Japanese. But once I figured it out and got everything in place I was very pleased. I haven't had any issues with pegs coming undone while futzing him.

Having said that, the car mode really is better. I don't pose my TF's in alt mode, but that's probably the most gorgeous car mode of any of the TF's I've seen, and I've seen most of them.

Wow this thing is big!
Just received my oversized MP 10 from eBay. Damn this thing is huge! I am very impressed by the sturdy build on this thing! It is solid as a rock and the design changes are pretty impressive! For $98 shipped it was a pretty good deal to me! It's a great stand alone piece. Haven't transformed it yet... But so far extremely happy with it!

Glad to hear he is of good quality. Do you feel he is built stronger than an official MP10 ? How is the die cast distributed? I think I'm gonna get him to use in Alt mode.

Well... ordered Sphinx. Seems to be getting rave reviews from everyone, so what the hell. And I guess I get that parachute. :)

Probably means I'll be waiting a bit longer to make the decision on Andras. Trying to pace myself, here, after all. But I do need to get around to paying for shipping for Tracks, I suppose...

I got my Tracks today. I've gotta say that I don't agree with the apparent consensus here. I think the bot-mode is terrific. The transformation was pretty complex, and confusing at a couple of points due to my not being able to read Japanese. But once I figured it out and got everything in place I was very pleased. I haven't had any issues with pegs coming undone while futzing him.

Having said that, the car mode really is better. I don't pose my TF's in alt mode, but that's probably the most gorgeous car mode of any of the TF's I've seen, and I've seen most of them.

I love Tracks just as much as any other MP I have. Only thing I dont like is how fiddly the backpack is when adjusting him and thats because I use an alternate transformation for it and it doesnt clip in at the back. But otherwise having him posed up with the rest of the crew he looks fantastic!

Glad to hear he is of good quality. Do you feel he is built stronger than an official MP10 ? How is the die cast distributed? I think I'm gonna get him to use in Alt mode.

honestly to me he feels way more solid than any of my MP10s. he's heavy and there's some heft to it. the joints everywhere are really tight. nothing feels loose or wobbly. extremely well built! think there's some diecast in the legs, not sure in the internals, but the chest piece is diecast too... which makes for a nice tight fit w/ no gap. overall i'm really shocked at this thing. wasn't expecting this quality...

I always suck at MP transformations, and Tracks was no different. In fact, I thought it was a lot fiddlier than previous MPs. There were times where I thought I'd break something (trying to pull out the arm joints in the centre of the torso, or just opening up the legs where they pegged together at the front). But overall, he still looks great.

Back