ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked a great time to get back into Masterpieces

So I use to have MP-01 all the way to MP-24 all the varients except MP-01G.

I've decided that I am going to get back into Masterpiece Transformers again. But I am only getting from MP-10 forward. I kept MP-10. So far I have MP-10, MP-12, MP-12G, MP-13, MP-13B, MP-14, MP-15, MP-17, MP-18, MP-18S, MP-18B, MP-19, MP-20, MP-21, MP-21G MP-22, MP-24.

So I still need to get MP-10B, MP-10 EVA, MP-11, MP-11S Sunstorm, MP-11SW Skywarp, MP-12T Tigertrack, MP-16, MP-23.

MP-11T Thundercracker, MP-14C Clamdown, MP-212R Red Bumblebee, MP-25 Tracks MP-26 Road Rage, MP-27 Ironhide all are preordered.

Shockwave looks great, but does it look almost too simple now? I know a lot of people don't like the extra details on third party figures, so maybe it's just me. Really pumped to see the paint on this one though.
I'm definitely in the camp who dislikes all of the superfluous detailing on the 3rd party figures. You may be happy to see Shockwave has more detailing when viewed from the side; presonally, I could stand to see some transparent detailing in the chestplate (like the original toy) but otherwise wouldn't add a thing.

b8a5bcd5.jpg

4798ef04.jpg

I assume that's down to the different designers being involved now.
Pretty sure from what Corsair said the previous designer was moved to other areas of delevopment & as such we have seen a fairly lacklustre run of official MP's from Takara.

Yep, Shogo Hasui did MP10 and the incredible run from MP12-21 and then for some reason got moved to other projects.

Hironori Kobayashi did MP08 and MP09 prior to the reboot and upon his return to the line lead the design team that redid the original Seeker mold for MP11 and was also running the show for Ultra Magnus, Tracks & Ironhide.

Hisashi Yuki was the poor bugger that was given 12 days to design the original MP Megatron and post reboot has just done Star Saber so far. Based on what he's said in interviews he'll be the guy that does any other Japan only characters if they're made.

I'm definitely in the camp who dislikes all of the superfluous detailing on the 3rd party figures. You may be happy to see Shockwave has more detailing when viewed from the side; presonally, I could stand to see some transparent detailing in the chestplate (like the original toy) but otherwise wouldn't add a thing.

i totally agree... as much as i love the options of having the 3rd party items... some of them just go crazy over board with surface detailing and little details that just seem gawdy. tfc products of late seem to be going too far with panel detail imo. things looking too busy 1/2 the time...

The thing that bugs me about QW are the legs and the narrow chest. I've been looking at it, comparing it with the TT one (based on pictures) and I finally made up my mind. He's got to go. I'm just having a hard time seeing how im going to even get $100 for him now...

These news are truly so unexpected, that it makes me wonder what TT won't do now..... yeah, they take their sweet time, but then again when they do something, it's likely a home run. I had many 3p toys paid for (FT Hound,FT Insecticons, 2nd run Apollyon, FT Tesla) at the captured pray, alongside Mp Tracks, Thundercracker and Ironhide but decided to cancel them for either a refund or store credit. If they do shockwave, it is unthinkable to me that they won't touch Hound. Hell, at this point i believe they'll do all of them, even the Dinos. And considering Gigapower has been MUTE as of late, i wouldn't mind getting rid of Gutter also.

On a side note -

Clear, "limited to 800 pcs worldwide" Quakewave is available again at BBTS.

Last edited:
looks like I will have a whole bunch of different shockwaves....the cloud9 was impressive too....well..i will wait for my Quake wave to get to me....and when the shockwave goes up for PO...it will also be mine...:)

I already pre-ordered the re-issue. But if the final pics of this new Quakeblast looks as good as the proto-type I'll get as well. One transformed in gun mode and the other displayed in Decepti-crum mode.....:wink1:

The thing that bugs me about QW are the legs and the narrow chest. I've been looking at it, comparing it with the TT one (based on pictures) and I finally made up my mind. He's got to go. I'm just having a hard time seeing how im going to even get $100 for him now...

These news are truly so unexpected, that it makes me wonder what TT won't do now..... yeah, they take their sweet time, but then again when they do something, it's likely a home run. I had many 3p toys paid for (FT Hound,FT Insecticons, 2nd run Apollyon, FT Tesla) at the captured pray, alongside Mp Tracks, Thundercracker and Ironhide but decided to cancel them for either a refund or store credit. If they do shockwave, it is unthinkable to me that they won't touch Hound. Hell, at this point i believe they'll do all of them, even the Dinos. And considering Gigapower has been MUTE as of late, i wouldn't mind getting rid of Gutter also.

On a side note -

Clear, "limited to 800 pcs worldwide" Quakewave is available again at BBTS.
There are a lot of great-looking 3rd party figures, but if one is looking specifically for those which fit the Masterpiece aesthetic then in my opinion there have only been but a few: XTransbots Apollyon, Fanstoys' Dinobots, BadCube's Collector's Edition Insecticons (but not the originals) and Sunstreaker, and that TnR Jazz if it actually sees the light of day. The majority are like Quakwave, whose aesthetic looks like some bizarro-world mishmash of mainline design from year's past.

Note price of Shockwave is a placeholder, price will more than likely go down. Remember when Ultra Magnus first went up for preorder the price was $250.00, then the price dropped down to $189.99. So don't throw a **** fit when you see the price. BBTS put it in the description that the price was a placeholder.

Back