ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The nice thing for myself is I grew up watching G2, so Predacons and the others I can easily pass, but MMC does do lovely work.

Both are really nice but I'm afraid I'll have to pass on Predaking, I think.

I'm pretty happy with just Devastator (Hercules), I think. TFs starting to take over my shelves and my Joes aren't liking it. :)

I'll go with MMC for Predaking. I'm not happy with Devastator (Hercules or MakeToy) so I will wait for Takara masterpiece. :pray:

soundwave,
Sorry to hear about the damage to Faith Leader :(

On the bright side,

Kapow Toys are expecting their stock of your namesake to arrive on the 30th so we should have it by next weekend :yess:

I'll be passing on Predaking as I don't have any nostalgic connection for any combiner other than Devastator.

The only other one I'd consider is if the rumor about Takara making Masterpiece Menasor turned out to be legit but I can't see it happening because there's little chance of them getting the Porsche license for Dead End and the Ferrari license for Wildrider.

The nice thing for myself is I grew up watching G2, so Predacons and the others I can easily pass, but MMC does do lovely work.

It's a similar situation for me. I didn't watch a whole lot of Transformers when I was a kid, but they must have been from the first season for the most part, or the movie.

I'm a lot less connected to the second season bots or any character that came after the movie (I like Hot Rod, Kup, etc.).

The first season Autobots in particular make for a nice display, I think, and I'll probably sell off all my season two characters. Maybe even the movie guys, eventually. I'm not even sure about getting MP Red Alert (I always thought he was weird anyway - a fire chief Lamborghini, really?).

I'll go with MMC for Predaking. I'm not happy with Devastator (Hercules or MakeToy) so I will wait for Takara masterpiece. :pray:

haha, have fun waiting for that one. ;)

You're missing out, both Herc & Giant are GREAT toys. For Devastator I'm not sure what else you'd be looking for. :dunno

I could see more accurate looking G1 'bots, but honestly, I'm pretty happy with Herc. The combined mode is accurate to IDW's G1 interpretation so that's good enough for me. :)

If I had to go with a Devastator, I would go with MakeToy because the proportional and details looked better. Hercules size is nice but the look isn't for me. Perhaps MakeToy size would go well with MMC Predaking.

Finally managed vehicle mode and directly went to pics.
Love it:

MP_OP_001a_zps3a1a49f8.jpg

MP_OP_001d_zps6e0849d9.jpg

MP_OP_001e_zpsaf714d0f.jpg

MP_OP_001f_zpsaa635651.jpg

I was actually thinking of selling my MP-04, just because MP-10 is pretty sweet and with the whole masterpiece line rescale...

Thx, Jim.
:hi5:

No, I could´ve gotten MP-04 (Perfect Edition, with Trailer) But I don´t have the space and I wanted to display him as Prime only either way, so the trailer would´ve been a waste of money. Although it´s for sure that vehicle mode is complete with trailer only.

:wink1:

Thx, Jim.
:hi5:

No, I could´ve gotten MP-04 (Perfect Edition, with Trailer) But I don´t have the space and I wanted to display him as Prime only either way, so the trailer would´ve been a waste of money. Although it´s for sure that vehicle mode is complete with trailer only.

:wink1:

No trailer is really needed. Was just curious if you wished you had it too. I didn't even know that they made a 'Perfect Edition' w/trailer. It just shows how much I follow this Transformers line. :duh :lol

I was actually thinking of selling my MP-04, just because MP-10 is pretty sweet and with the whole masterpiece line rescale...

Since I´m not getting all and I had the chance to get him cheap, I´ll deffo not get MP-10...

I'd pick one up if I could get him cheap, but he wouldn't replace my 20th Anniversary Prime.

Proportions are much better, and his massive size looks great with other figures, imo.

soundwave,
Sorry to hear about the damage to Faith Leader :(

On the bright side,

Kapow Toys are expecting their stock of your namesake to arrive on the 30th so we should have it by next weekend :yess:

I'll be passing on Predaking as I don't have any nostalgic connection for any combiner other than Devastator.

The only other one I'd consider is if the rumor about Takara making Masterpiece Menasor turned out to be legit but I can't see it happening because there's little chance of them getting the Porsche license for Dead End and the Ferrari license for Wildrider.

No worries buddy.
Doesn't really affect him in posing or Truck mode just makes me a little nervous with future transformations just in case I do any more lasting damage.
He's tucked away safely now though & he shall stay there for the foreseeable future I think.

That sounds freaking awesome...I so cannot wait for him to get here.
It's like the culmination of a 25 year wait for me...the pinnacle of Transformers life is nearly upon me :yess::yess:

I'm so very tempted by the new Gestalts but I'm not sure I can justify them.

My fave of them all was Menasor so I'm really eager to see how they turn out licensed or not if it looks G1 enough for me I'll be happy.

Predaking though is looking awesome so far.
We never had him officially released in the UK so could only ever admire him from afar back in the day & having the supersized version would be a dream come true but the cost is making it highly unlikely :(

Neil

No worries buddy.
Doesn't really affect him in posing or Truck mode just makes me a little nervous with future transformations just in case I do any more lasting damage.
He's tucked away safely now though & he shall stay there for the foreseeable future I think.

That sounds freaking awesome...I so cannot wait for him to get here.
It's like the culmination of a 25 year wait for me...the pinnacle of Transformers life is nearly upon me :yess::yess:

I'm so very tempted by the new Gestalts but I'm not sure I can justify them.

My fave of them all was Menasor so I'm really eager to see how they turn out licensed or not if it looks G1 enough for me I'll be happy.

Predaking though is looking awesome so far.
We never had him officially released in the UK so could only ever admire him from afar back in the day & having the supersized version would be a dream come true but the cost is making it highly unlikely :(

Neil

Sounds like you're doing the right thing with Faith Leader, I wish that 3rd run with a further improved build had happened as I would have got one just in case my existing one gets damaged.

Part of me still wishes the Fans Toys Soundwave had been released but Takara's cassettes would still have been hard to pass up as they're an incredible upgrade to the originals, perhaps moreso than Soundwave himself who was one of the best G1 toys.

That being said it'll still be awesome to have Soundwave displayed with all his minions and Starscream....I really want Megatron V2 to get announced as the only way he'll be represented in my current display for the time being is in gun mode.

As the Lamborghinis have set a precedent for carformers being fully licensed I've taken the rumors of MP Menasor with a pinch of salt because with the policies of certain car companies being what they are it leaves the current scenario,

Motormaster = Possible as Takara never licensed the Freightliner truck that Prime turns into.

Breakdown = Possible because of the Lamborghini deal....which is probably where the rumors of Menasor started.

Dead End = VW don't want Porsche associated with anything relating to "war". Not happening unless there's a shift in VW's policy.

Wildrider = Did Ferrari allow use of the 459 Italia for any Bayformers toy?

Dragstrip = Legal issues tend to affect racecar related TF's so there's no reason to suspect otherwise with this one.

The other rumored Masterpiece combiner is Devastator, I think TFC's is fantastic but given Takara's recent awesomeness I'd certainly be intrested in seeing what they could do.

How has noone re-posted this!?!?! Doesnt anyone here read the TFW2005 forums either!?!?! The MP Soundwave vid review is now back up!!! :D

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8t-7D0m66I[/ame]

Back