ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I heard about the Wheeljack problem :( thats why I didnt buy the open mouth piece Optimus head. but it seems the Optimus blasters/swords are ok. No screws required for those or this piece so here's hoping :pray:

I just wish iGear would do more headsculpts. The Kup one was superb.

Are we ever going to get a Masterpiece Galvatron? I think he's due for a faithful figure, the crappy Universe one we got a few years ago isn't going to cut it.

I imagine, eventually. Probably sooner than later, I would think, but these things are difficult to predict!

I know it might be difficult to do since it transforms into a gun and all,but i really want a new and improved MP Megatron.
A new Ultra Magnus would be nice too.Red,white and blue version this time.

Ditto on both counts. If Takara does do an MP Megatron though, I'd just import it if I were you. Don't count on a US version becoming available because of the gun nonsense.

Yup

Megatron V2 is already confirmed by the same insider. he's hinted VERY solidly that it's a g1 megatron, and it shares some of the transformation that the recent 3rd party Hegemon uses.

Ultra magnus, with trailer armor was confirmed about a month after the release of MP-10

Good news then.Ultra Magnus might very well be the same white version all over again,with the MP10 mold.

Unless Japan's gun laws have changed there'll be no problem with Takara making a new Megatron that turns into a gun at all, it just won't be released at retail in the US or Europe.

Oh,no i didn't mean that there will be any problems it being a gun.But that i would imagine it would be pretty hard to make Megatron look good in Robot mode when at the same time work as a slim gun.The Masterpiece figure is a perfect example,the lower body and arms looked awful.

The designer who worked on mp-10 was the one who said a ultra magnus was in the works. He said it would be the mp10. Prime, in white, with a trailer that turns into his ultra Magnus armor. He also said he was a fan of the fansproject add on.

Oh,no i didn't mean that there will be any problems it being a gun.But that i would imagine it would be pretty hard to make Megatron look good in Robot mode when at the same time work as a slim gun.The Masterpiece figure is a perfect example,the lower body and arms looked awful.

That's why I love Hegemon!!
Not my pics...

1340048123_IMG_2842.JPG

1340048123_IMG_2822.JPG

DPrime,
I wish iGear would do a new body to go with their Kup heads :wink1:

Rock83,
I agree with that and would actually prefer it if Takara completely sidestepped the issue and made the V2 Masterpiece a non transforming one with a small version of the gun mode as an accessory.

It's concerning to hear one of the Takara designers is a fan of City Commander but hopefully they'll come up with something better which shouldn't be too difficult.

About Igear.What are the size of those?Ive seen Ironhide and Ratchet beside MP10 optimus,but what about Starscream,Thundercracker and Skywarp?I have MP starscream but looking to get the other 2 and wanted to see what my options are.If Igear is smaller i won't bother.

I'll actually be selling my MP Prime and Megatron, I love the MP Megs but this one looks so much better... and I don't mind it being smaller... I have my eye on Ironhide and Ratchet too... and looking for Seekers too

Hegemon gives me confidence that Takara can do a bigger, better version. :)

DPrime,
I wish iGear would do a new body to go with their Kup heads :wink1:

Yeah, a proper Kup would be great, but I like the Generations one too. I just think of him as the post-'86/pre'-05 alt mode version. ;)

About Igear.What are the size of those?Ive seen Ironhide and Ratchet beside MP10 optimus,but what about Starscream,Thundercracker and Skywarp?I have MP starscream but looking to get the other 2 and wanted to see what my options are.If Igear is smaller i won't bother.

They're the same size as any official MP Seeker. Most if not all of iGear's stuff is meant to work around the same size as the official MP Seekers and MP Grimlock.

iGear's Seekers are the same size as the official versions of that mold.

it's the G2. but it's a custom transformation. makes him look LOADS better.

I'll be waiting for the takara version, however.

Just revealed that Takara is going to use game accurate colors, with a metallic paint scheme like their FOC optimus.

The designer who worked on mp-10 was the one who said a ultra magnus was in the works. He said it would be the mp10. Prime, in white, with a trailer that turns into his ultra Magnus armor. He also said he was a fan of the fansproject add on.
The Has/Tak guys are clearly being influenced by 3rd party guys in lots of ways. They really ran with the IGear seeker mods that IGear did first, and improved even further on them.

I think that Bruticus was also influenced by the more G1-looking gestalt figures we've seen from various companies. Unfortunately, Hasbro/Takara didn't exactly hit the mark with that one, IMO.

That's why I love Hegemon!!
Not my pics...

1340048123_IMG_2842.JPG

1340048123_IMG_2822.JPG
Something about that figure still just looks off to me. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but it doesn't look like something I would be totally happy with on the shelf, even if it were slightly bigger to be in scale with some of the newer MP figures.

Something about that figure still just looks off to me. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but it doesn't look like something I would be totally happy with on the shelf, even if it were slightly bigger to be in scale with some of the newer MP figures.

Well, I think it looks awesome enough for me to prefer this instead of MP Megs... :horror:wave

I really dig the MP Megatron myself. I know the legs are kind of scrawny, but that's never been a big problem for me. Only thing I dislike is the space rust :lol And, a switch-out, more cartoon accurate head would have been nice.

Back