ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, to be fair, Alternators was a long while ago, and we don't actually know what they'll be charging for the MP Sideswipe-sized figures...

Yeah I know but they haven't been trending toward reasonable prices. That's why I'll be stalking TRU for a MP10.

I'm just comparing the two, I had PRID BH but I returned him. Trust me, I don't think this is the last time we see that mold for good ol' Bulky.

He'll just have to do until Hasbro releases the FE's everywhere and all are one.

First good pic of Prime Breakdown, and he looks awesome! :rock

1337952629_4.jpg

And a better look at MP-13. That HAS to be Soundwave. The shape of the arms, the head, what looks like a square chest, the legs...You can even see what looks to be two switches! :rock Really wonder how it will turn out, has the potential to look amazing. Hopefully on par with the FTS one, or better.

1337952629_7.jpg

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/dengeki-hobby-may-scans-updated/24918/

MP Soundwave will be awesome but I'm more excited to see what they do with MP cassettes. I haven't been really taken with any of the 3rd party tapes.

MP Soundwave will be awesome but I'm more excited to see what they do with MP cassettes. I haven't been really taken with any of the 3rd party tapes.

:goodpost: Yeah the cassettes will really help or hurt MP Soundwave. Still excited for it though!

Prime Breakdown looks awesome! :yess:

Yeah, Breakdown looks good too. RK says it's a "Japan-only" mold. I don't know how true that is, and even if they know something we don't, that doesn't mean it won't come out down the road...

Still, I went ahead and preordered. Not gonna risk it after the FE fiasco. Had to get a Takara voyager Megatron, anyway. :)

DPrime,
Glad you like Last Stand of the Wreckers, did you get the TPB or the hardcover edition?

HC. I think I would have been fine with the TPB, but it was sold out on Amazon.

Loved it, though, and having the extras was pretty cool. :)

Yeah I know but they haven't been trending toward reasonable prices. That's why I'll be stalking TRU for a MP10.

Yeah, it's gonna be pricey no doubt.

MP-10 wasn't worth anywhere near $250 imo, but it may be worth $100 (w/no shipping cost, either).

Now up for preorder:
MP-12 Masterpiece Sideswipe - MP-12 - Masterpiece Sideswipe - Lambor - $99.95 C9 Box/$104.95 Mint Box

MP-12A Masterpiece Red Alert - MP-12A - Masterpiece Red Alert - $99.95 C9 Box/$104.95 Mint Box

MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave - MP-13 - Masterpiece Soundwave - $159.95 C9 Box/$164.95 Mint BoxAll of the details are not final, and will be finalized mid-June, but our source says these prices are accurate. Also Masterpiece Red Alert and Soundwave are both scheduled for a December release, just in time for the holidays!

Autobot Cars here we come!

Yeah, it's gonna be pricey no doubt.

MP-10 wasn't worth anywhere near $250 imo, but it may be worth $100 (w/no shipping cost, either).

At this point, most every hobby on this board comes down to personal value. Everything is overpriced from maquettes to Hasbro SW figures. Seems like anything that's not available at Target starts at $100 lately.

Now up for preorder:
MP-12 Masterpiece Sideswipe - MP-12 - Masterpiece Sideswipe - Lambor - $99.95 C9 Box/$104.95 Mint Box

MP-12A Masterpiece Red Alert - MP-12A - Masterpiece Red Alert - $99.95 C9 Box/$104.95 Mint Box

MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave - MP-13 - Masterpiece Soundwave - $159.95 C9 Box/$164.95 Mint BoxAll of the details are not final, and will be finalized mid-June, but our source says these prices are accurate. Also Masterpiece Red Alert and Soundwave are both scheduled for a December release, just in time for the holidays!

For $160 Soundwave will depend greatly on the cassettes. That's more than I want to pay for (based on Grimlock) what will likely be a very simplistic figure. BUT the tapes could be a massive plus for this release.

At this point, most every hobby on this board comes down to personal value. Everything is overpriced from maquettes to Hasbro SW figures. Seems like anything that's not available at Target starts at $100 lately.

For $160 Soundwave will depend greatly on the cassettes. That's more than I want to pay for (based on Grimlock) what will likely be a very simplistic figure. BUT the tapes could be a massive plus for this release.

I am only expecting one cassette-likely Lazerbeak,but hopefully they throw in Ravage too

Nice. I can hardly wait for the reasonably priced hasbro version to hit toys r us in a few years.
are you CERTAIN that mp-13 is soundwave?

Yes,its been confirmed and up for pre-order

HC. I think I would have been fine with the TPB, but it was sold out on Amazon.

Loved it, though, and having the extras was pretty cool. :)

I originally got the TPB last year then I traded it in at Amazon and used the cash towards the HC so I got it for about £4 :)

It's a story that gets a lot of hype but I think it's justified, there's great action, humor, you end up caring a bit about virtually all of the Wreckers as they each get a "moment" in the story, Overlord has the whole backstory of walking out on Megatron and going into business for himself, there's the tension between Springer and Impactor and the real icing on the cake is the fact that the one human character is kept on the periphery of things....the robots are the stars, just as they always should be.

I don't read a lot of comics but LSOTW is one I'll keep going back to and it's proof that you can have great Transformers stories without focusing on the same couple of characters and reducing the others to background characters that barely say anything.

Pricing for the MP Lamborghini's seems OK-ish, I hope some proper pics surface soon so I can see how the scale compares to their Universe/Henkei Deluxe counterparts.

Depending on how far Fans Toys have got with Soundwave it may be a better prospect for them to move onto Blaster instead as the majority of people will likely go for the official one.

Now up for preorder:

That's TFSource, in case anyone wants to put in an order. :)

Hopefully Robotkingdom's a bit cheaper.

You know getting all the '84-'86 cars - IF it was going to happen - is gonna take at least ten years, right? :)

Well, MP Starscream was about that price, and he didn't include much in the way of accessories... sure, cape, crown, pilot, etc. But not another little Transformer.

I'm guessing Laserbeak (or Buzzsaw) only. Ravage would be nice, but I suppose if they were going to have two, it might make sense to do Rumble, so that they could include Frenzy with the inevitable Soundblaster repaint...

I'm actually a little dismayed that the MP line seems to have evolved into a way to charge MP prices for Alternators.

I myself like the new sizes of the MP line. I didn't keep my original prime and I never bought Megatron simple because they were to large. With the smaller scale we get the same level of detail and I would argue that the detail has only improved with a reasonable size figure. And it helps to keep the prices reasonable. The only figures in the masterpiece line that were 12 inches were the first two right (non repaint)? everyone else after that has been 8 or 9 inch figures correct?

I myself like the new sizes of the MP line. I didn't keep my original prime and I never bought Megatron simple because they were to large. With the smaller scale we get the same level of detail and I would argue that the detail has only improved with a reasonable size figure. And it helps to keep the prices reasonable. The only figures in the masterpiece line that were 12 inches were the first two right (non repaint)? everyone else after that has been 8 or 9 inch figures correct?

I prefer the size, too. My point was that these new cars look to be about Alternator size and probably of comparable complexity. Of course, Alternators would probably cost more at retail today but it wasn't that long ago they could be had for $20. I'm not really complaining, just find it unfortunate. As I said before, it all comes down to personal value.

And I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. MP Rodimus was $60 - $70 at US retail and that's basically an Alternator, too. I never really compared the Seekers or Grimlock because they aren't cars.

I completely agree that the MP line is overpriced but MP Rodimus is both larger and more complex than any alternator.

While the alternators were great, I expect the new MP figures to have proportions more similar to the G1 cartoon. I think that making that look right will probably add more complexity. At least to justify a slight rise in cost. However, I think the price for Sideawipe sounds like it is at least $20 too much.

I know Im late to the party, but I finally found my Prid Starscream at my local walmart...damn this figure is amazing. Transforming him is actually fun and the articulation in robot mode is fantastic. One of the best transformers ive fiddled with in a long while. Now I gotta get Megatron...if I even find him. Only seen him once around here, passed him up and regret it ever since.

$20 for an alternator was ridiculously good value for a toy even 4-5 years when things were cheaper.

And besides those were clearance/promo prices as well if I recall correctly?

I prefer the size, too. My point was that these new cars look to be about Alternator size and probably of comparable complexity. Of course, Alternators would probably cost more at retail today but it wasn't that long ago they could be had for $20. I'm not really complaining, just find it unfortunate. As I said before, it all comes down to personal value.

And I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. MP Rodimus was $60 - $70 at US retail and that's basically an Alternator, too. I never really compared the Seekers or Grimlock because they aren't cars.

Pricing for the MP Lamborghini's seems OK-ish, I hope some proper pics surface soon so I can see how the scale compares to their Universe/Henkei Deluxe counterparts.

I'm pretty sure they look a little too big far the chugs. MP sideswipe looks much bigger than universe jazz and jazz is already one of the bigger chugs figures.

Most of the chugs are around or below MP10's silver crotch piece. And the sneak pics show mp sideswipe to be around the silver stripes under the chest windows.

LHyod_1337779001.jpg

Last edited:
Back