ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TF3 2nd leader revealed!
Spoiler Spoiler:

it's because VW wants everyone to think that the entire country of Germany was on vacation from 1939-1942. Ask Poland. cake was involved.
( insert family guy clip here... can't find it..)

PE - Perfect Effect
TFC - Transformer Club
FP - Fansproject
iG - Igear
Makers of "illegal" unlicensed third party TF figures.
Like "city Commander" Trailer/armor for ultra magnus.

AWESOME THANK YOU! That's exactly what I was looking for. I've been confused lurking in here for awhile.

I’d be very surprised at an MP Jazz. As BCM77 said there is no possibility of a licence from VW and I think as far as HasTak are concerned the Alternator covers him. In the case of the 84 Autobot cars I think there might be a possibility of a Ironhide/Ratchet though. I’d say that the Alt/binaltech line is the closest to MP that you can get at the moment.
If you need stickers to upgrade or make your figs more Gen 1 https://reprolabels.com/ is your friend.

There are a whole load of third party companies out there at the moment producing add ons, upgrades and entirely new figures. The quality of these just keep getting better and better, but they can be a bit pricey.
Have a little google for Fansproject (FP) Perfect Effect (PE)
You might be interested in the TFC Devy (I know I am)

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tran...-tfc-project-deva-reflector-pics-awesome.html

I agree an MP Soundwave would be awesome! You just know it would only come with 2 cassettes, with the others coming with the inevitable Soundblaster repaint !!

(PS Mark IV is the absolute nuts!! Roll on Mark V and VI)

Bob

Nice Bob, glad you are enjoying him. So you will have all the armors correct? Well, once the V and VI hit right?

Thanks man, I appreciate all the insight and I'm going to check out the info you sent me.

What's the difference between Binaltech and Alternators? Plastic vs Diecast?

One more question, Alternator size wise...is that kind of in scale with MP Prime? I know they are smaller but that would be about right or does it look whack when they are next to each other? I think that Jazz (with stickers!) might be my only hope....

The Alternators work very well in scale with MP Prime. The only real problem is that they're more life-like, while Optimus is pretty much a direct G1 update. But they will still look good together.

As for their actual size? 1:24 in altmode scale, about 6-7 inches or so tall.

Alternators = US & European release with plastic parts and no diecast. Probably the nicest looking Hasbro mass market line there's ever been since G1 from a collector's perspective as the paint apps and detailing were top notch.

Binaltech = Japanese version of the above with diecast used instead of plastic and occasionally different paint apps to the Alternators version. A subline called "Kiss Players" which included little anime style human figures with several robots was also available.

A few drawbacks,
1.Price
( Both lines died several years ago and the secondary market prices can be quite high. )

2.Because of licensing restrictions very few have the same alt mode as G1 and thus don't really look right in robot mode either.
( Hound is pretty close as he's still a Jeep, Tracks is still a Corvette albeit a modern one but that's about it. )

3.Some of the transformations are very annoying
( Avoid the Ford Mustang mold which was used for Wheeljack & Grimlock like the plague. If you do get Jazz the Mazda RX-8 isn't too bad a substitute for a Porsche and the robot mode is very G1 influenced but the arms and car doors have a tendency to fall off a lot especially during transformation. )

Scale wise they work very well with the Masterpiece line and it's possible to fit them in the back of the trailer that came with the 2nd Japanese release of Optimus Prime.

If you want a Bumblebee and Cliffjumper that will fit in with both lines I recommend the ones released last year in Takara's Alternity line.

This is a successor of sorts to Binaltech as it features licensed vehicles with lots of diecast albeit in a smaller scale. Bumblebee & Cliffjumper are by far the best of the few releases so far and turn into a Suzuki Swift which works very well.

And the firetruck in TF3 is, like RA88 said:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Now wether you hate Hasbro or not, you gotta admit that is one kickass toy!
BCM... just try to find something wrong with it, i dare ya. :p

Nice Bob, glad you are enjoying him. So you will have all the armors correct? Well, once the V and VI hit right?

Thanks man, I appreciate all the insight and I'm going to check out the info you sent me.

What's the difference between Binaltech and Alternators? Plastic vs Diecast?

One more question, Alternator size wise...is that kind of in scale with MP Prime? I know they are smaller but that would be about right or does it look whack when they are next to each other? I think that Jazz (with stickers!) might be my only hope....

Oh yes, I am loving the Mark IV. Both Mark V and VI are on order so I will have all the marks including Mech test and Gunmetal. Only problem is I will have to completely re-do my displays.......:gah:

I Really can't add anything to the great info that BCM has given you, but I'm gonna do some pics tomorrow so will add a couple of MP Prime with Alt Jazz and Hound for you mate.

Bob

I'm not going to quote any of you because that was a massive amount of info. :lol :yess:

Thanks to all! Great stuff and now I definitely have some searches to get to.

Bob can't wait for the pics! Bring it on! :rock

And the firetruck in TF3 is, like RA88 said:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Now wether you hate Hasbro or not, you gotta admit that is one kickass toy!
BCM... just try to find something wrong with it, i dare ya. :p

The firetruck looks awesome, and Megatron doesnt look too bad either.

Sentinel Prime looks decent in that blatantly Photoshopped pic but if Hasbro are true to form I expect the final thing will look considerably worse.

At a likely UK retail price of £45-£50 it's a total non starter as that amount of cash can be better utilised towards another TFC Constructicon.

So far I've potentially worked out how I'll pay for the first couple, assuming my estimate of £50-£80 for each is correct.....4 to go :)

Toyfair is starting, and preview pics have been popping up, and so far it's looking good! Check out this Powerglide!

1297536907996.jpg

Skyhammer? Dont know who he is but if he has a good role in the movie i'll get him.
Looks like the actual Sentinel Prime toy still looks awesome.
Ner ner na ner ner BCM! :p
Shockwave looks great too but i want a leader class version of him and Megatron but i'll get the voyagers too.

Yeah, that CCommander/Starscream will be THE most difficult exclusive to grab in Hasbro's history. Either on the show floor or HasbroToyShop later on. I want one badly, but this will be rough. Mark my words. :(

And the Scout class Powerglide and Blackout look very good. Leader Sentinel Prime has me excited, as well.

Back