ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Prime is just about the perfect toy version of the most iconic, well-known Transformer there is. All those Bay-Formers look like piles of garbage to me, so as I've said before, I can't objectively critique them, but it sounds like Span is talking about joints? More joints doesn't necessarily make for a better toy, and I don't see how they would be necessary with that Prime. If you want to complain about scale, that's another issue entirely.

I think the figures in the MP line generally are very good, but that Prime is still the coolest.

MP Prime is clunky, I agree with that. My favorite MP so far is Grimlock.

Same here, although Hot Rod/Rodimus looks set to overtake it.

The experiences I've had with MP Prime have all been bad.

I bought the first Hasbro one and the lower legs fell off as I removed it from the package.

I could have put it down to the odd bad one sneaking past the QC department but the other 20 or so in TRU at the time all had the same sort of issue because I watched the member of staff on the customer service desk check them.

I gave the later Hasbro version a try only to discover it had lots of paint issues and by that point I just decided it wasn't worth the effort and for my money the only Primes worth owning are,

1.G1 original or one of the reissues.

2.A heavily customised ROTF Leader Class or Takara's Buster Prime
version of the same mold.

3.Takara's Hybrid Style G1 Convoy is a bit crap in truck cab mode but the robot mode is lots of fun due to the poseability and the various accessories. In addition the trailer is better designed than the Masterpiece one and also has Roller.

4.Animated Voyager

MP Megatron was the biggest waste of money in my entire time collecting as it spent more time in the box because it tended to fall over if a moth farted in it's general direction and all the complex engineering was rendered almost useless because of how fragile everything was.

MP Skywarp is OK but nothing special and mine is being traded in shortly to help pay for the FansProject Protector & Sidearm sets which leaves Grimlock as the only Masterpiece I've ever been 100% satisfied with.

So bcm, your issues are QC-related? If he didn't have those issues, you would rank him highly?

As for the clunkiness, that's inherent to the design. He's a big, blocky truck that turns into a big, blocky robot. A ballet dancer he ain't.

MP Convoy is awesome. I bought him as soon as he came out back in 2004 and he's always been on display everywhere I've lived. I love ALL of the MP's and my one and only gripe would be that I wished Megatron's legs had some type of add-on to make them bulkier somehow. But other than that, I'm totally excited for MP Rodimus and hopefully, Galvatron

So bcm, your issues are QC-related? If he didn't have those issues, you would rank him highly?

As for the clunkiness, that's inherent to the design. He's a big, blocky truck that turns into a big, blocky robot. A ballet dancer he ain't.

I'd not outright dislike it perhaps but I'd still have issues with the scale and I'm not that fond of the diecast parts either as I don't feel they add anything to the toy other than making the international shipping costs higher due to the added weight.

I really wanted to get iGears Faith Leader but after reading several reports of their previous products having dodgy QC I decided I didn't want to take a risk with my limited resources on something that might fall to bits even quicker than the Hasbro one did.

I just got an iGear Faith Leader last week and the quality on mine is pretty top notch and overall, it's still a figure. I'm 100% satisfied with it and he'll look awesome standing between Grimlock and Rodimus

I just got an iGear Faith Leader last week and the quality on mine is pretty top notch and overall, it's still a figure. I'm 100% satisfied with it and he'll look awesome standing between Grimlock and Rodimus

How much did you have to pay for it?

How much did you have to pay for it?

$100 shipped. I was sold the instant I saw this pic and is the exact same way I display them:yess:
23.jpg

Same here, although Hot Rod/Rodimus looks set to overtake it.

The experiences I've had with MP Prime have all been bad.

I bought the first Hasbro one and the lower legs fell off as I removed it from the package.

I could have put it down to the odd bad one sneaking past the QC department but the other 20 or so in TRU at the time all had the same sort of issue because I watched the member of staff on the customer service desk check them.

I gave the later Hasbro version a try only to discover it had lots of paint issues and by that point I just decided it wasn't worth the effort and for my money the only Primes worth owning are,

1.G1 original or one of the reissues.

2.A heavily customised ROTF Leader Class or Takara's Buster Prime
version of the same mold.

3.Takara's Hybrid Style G1 Convoy is a bit crap in truck cab mode but the robot mode is lots of fun due to the poseability and the various accessories. In addition the trailer is better designed than the Masterpiece one and also has Roller.

4.Animated Voyager

MP Megatron was the biggest waste of money in my entire time collecting as it spent more time in the box because it tended to fall over if a moth farted in it's general direction and all the complex engineering was rendered almost useless because of how fragile everything was.

MP Skywarp is OK but nothing special and mine is being traded in shortly to help pay for the FansProject Protector & Sidearm sets which leaves Grimlock as the only Masterpiece I've ever been 100% satisfied with.

I believe your experiances with MP Prime are flukes at best. My 20th anniversary Prime is perfect in every way, not one flaw AT ALL and i bought him from TRU, and its not like im some lucky so adn so and just got a good one, as many many others, about 90% of those who own him, have the same good experiance as i have.

MP Prime = Best MP of them all. Grimlock is a puny, overrated turd in comparison.
That might change with Hotrod, but i still think an MP edition should be bigger than an ultra class so Prime will always be the daddy of them all.

$100 shipped. I was sold the instant I saw this pic and is the exact same way I display them:yess:
23.jpg

That works out at around £61 in UK currency which makes him cheaper than FansProject's Warbot ( £65 ), City Commander & Protector ( both £70. )

Which is a decent deal.

The current price on iGears site for the second edition of Faith Leader with the Megatron & Orion Pax heads is $110 before shipping which makes it just over £68 plus whatever the shipping is.......I'm gonna have to e-mail them as there's no way of calculating it on the site but I'm expecting £20 minimum which would bring the total to the point where I'd probably have to draw the line as I'd sooner put that amount of cash towards MP Hot Rod.

Then again.............my main collection is of Classics styled Autobots and I've never really liked Henkei Prime that much so maybe it'd be worth it to have a proper G1 Prime in it's place.

Dubz,
Maybe they were flukes but it's hardly made me want to risk going through the same kind of hassle again.

As yet the 3rd party companies haven't disappointed with any of the items I've bought so it makes me more inclined to give iGear a chance especially considering the scale is much better.

Yeah i would like one of those faith leaders as well, but tbh nothing compares to a proper tf, especially if its a quality one like Takara's Leader Optimus.
You shouldnt throw aside an amazing mold like Leader Prime because of Hasbros lame incompetance. When has Takara ever let you down?
Right, off to play Black Ops now, just got back from the midnight launch hehe.

Yeah i would like one of those faith leaders as well, but tbh nothing compares to a proper tf, especially if its a quality one like Takara's Leader Optimus.
You shouldnt throw aside an amazing mold like Leader Prime because of Hasbros lame incompetance. When has Takara ever let you down?
Right, off to play Black Ops now, just got back from the midnight launch hehe.
Takara's movie masterpiece starscream is also fantastic.

Like I've said, I think MP Prime is too big to go with my main collection and whilst Takara's track record with QC is way better than Hasbro's the price of Final Convoy means I'd have to be 110% certain I'll not get screwed with bad QC again as if I did it'd be even more hassle and cost sending it back to whichever seller in Asia I got it from.

I'd not outright dislike it perhaps but I'd still have issues with the scale and I'm not that fond of the diecast parts either as I don't feel they add anything to the toy other than making the international shipping costs higher due to the added weight.

Doesn't add anything? It's one of the main selling points! The feel of the material, the weight to it that makes it feel like you're really holding something special, and then there's the nostalgia value. It's one of the reasons why I don't like the iGear KO; without diecast, it'll just feel cheap and take away one of the things that made it amazing in the first place.:dunno

When has Takara ever let you down?
and whilst Takara's track record with QC is way better than Hasbro's

As much as I love Takara's paintjobs, they are NOT perfect. They have just as much, if not more QC horror stories then Hasbro, especially over the past 5 years or so. They're getting better thankfully, just like Hasbro, but they still let a lot of QC issues slip through. Though at least none as bad as the Henkei Thundercracker and Skywarp, that was just emberassing.:slap

MP Convoy is awesome. I bought him as soon as he came out back in 2004 and he's always been on display everywhere I've lived. I love ALL of the MP's and my one and only gripe would be that I wished Megatron's legs had some type of add-on to make them bulkier somehow. But other than that, I'm totally excited for MP Rodimus and hopefully, Galvatron

I have to agree. MP Prime will always hold a special place in my heart as it was him, followed by Alts/Binaltech, that got me back into this hobby (and back into my parents loft digging out all my old Gen 1's). I still think the MP line is my fave of them all. The announcement of a new Masterpiece is always the most exciting over anything else i collect.

Like I've said, I think MP Prime is too big to go with my main collection and whilst Takara's track record with QC is way better than Hasbro's the price of Final Convoy means I'd have to be 110% certain I'll not get screwed with bad QC again as if I did it'd be even more hassle and cost sending it back to whichever seller in Asia I got it from.

I can see how the scale can be a problem for displaying him, but that is part of his charm. My displays are character based where possible so I think this kind of reduces this problem

DSCI0001-27.jpg

DSCI0006-21.jpg

DSCI0005-23.jpg

Actually, the best MP mold in my opinion is Starscream. Fantastic transformation. Decent posebility.

I love this mold too. It's been bashed more than it should I think. I have each version released Greenscreem, Starscream, Skywarp Thundercracker and Ghost Screamer. Love them all.

DSCI0008-15.jpg

Roll on MP Rodimus and then with any luck Galvatron or Shockwave :pray:

Bob

Back