ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots to go through! Stay tuned for the accessories and truck mode comparison with MP-10. The transformation will likely take me ages, so I doubt I'll film that sequence. But will also do a bot mode comparison! :D

IMG_1954c.jpg

Holy **** my internet is slow!! First video is now up for my review of the new MP-44 accessories and truck mode comparison with MP-10. Hope you can check it out!

Holy **** my internet is slow!! First video is now up for my review of the new MP-44 accessories and truck mode comparison with MP-10. Hope you can check it out!

It took a while to transform, with only a couple of difficult parts because I wasn't doing it properly (thank god for Wotafa's awesome transformation video!). MP-44 is hands down, without a doubt, the definitive G1 Optimus Prime figure to get. Haters will say that I'm just a Takara fangirl, but this thing in hand is ****ing gorgeous!

Everything, and I mean everything, folds and clips in perfectly! If you go slow and follow the instructions, it's a great transformation! The paint application is almost perfect, with paint on almost every surface. The shade of red, blue, and yellow give me so much nostalgic bliss it's not even funny!

And that ****ing backpack that everyone hates doesnt even look that big, and suits the overall proportions of the body perfectly!!

If you don't think this is worth US$350, I can assure you it is well worth the money! This is right up there with the quality of the expensive 1/6th scale figures in my collection! If you're on the fence about this, I suggest you get onto one of the Japanese retailers and buy this straight away. You won't regret it!

IMG_1958b.JPG

IMG_1959b.jpg

IMG_1960b.jpg

It took a while to transform, with only a couple of difficult parts because I wasn't doing it properly (thank god for Wotafa's awesome transformation video!). MP-44 is hands down, without a doubt, the definitive G1 Optimus Prime figure to get. Haters will say that I'm just a Takara fangirl, but this thing in hand is ****ing gorgeous!

Everything, and I mean everything, folds and clips in perfectly! If you go slow and follow the instructions, it's a great transformation! The paint application is almost perfect, with paint on almost every surface. The shade of red, blue, and yellow give me so much nostalgic bliss it's not even funny!

And that ****ing backpack that everyone hates doesnt even look that big, and suits the overall proportions of the body perfectly!!

If you don't think this is worth US$350, I can assure you it is well worth the money! This is right up there with the quality of the expensive 1/6th scale figures in my collection! If you're on the fence about this, I suggest you get onto one of the Japanese retailers and buy this straight away. You won't regret it!

View attachment 465657

View attachment 465658

View attachment 465659

Side by side comparison between MP-10 and MP-44 Optimus. The level of improvement of MP-44 over MP-10 is almost scary. I loved MP-10 as much as anybody, but MP-44 simply leaves it in the dust!

The overall body proportions, paint application, head sculpt, and pure G1 cartoon aesthetics takes the new MP-44 to a completely higher level. In every conceivable way, it is absolutely worth the money to upgrade!

IMG_1965b.jpg

IMG_1967b.jpg

IMG_1969b.jpg

but just with the extra heads and small trailer and a pair of wing and 3 figures they are asking for x4 the price of MP-10, when KOs are asking for $50 for oversized MP...

did takara figure most people already have the MP10 and not many people will buy the updated version thus the inflated price?

while i agree that mp44 looks improved over mp10 if you are shooting for a "TOON" style lineup... personally i don't see enough there to justify the ridiculous price tag. especially with some of the drawbacks mp44 has going on visually. the backpack looks like a giant jet pack.. no denying it. it just looks silly. the legs/feet look weird... like he has bell bottoms with his legs, especially when viewed at any angle besides straight on. again, this isn't bashing the figure... just pointing out things i don't like... especially with the TE-01 option that exists and pretty much scratches the same itch on a lot of levels. that figure also has some negatives visually... but at $99 it gets a much easier pass.

realistically it's insane what TT is charging. no 2 ways around it. when mp10 was released it was originally 22000 yen MSRP. This new version is 50000 yen MSRP. over doubled. not getting into a debate about trying to find it cheaper here/there, import it to the US, blah blah blah.... point is, straight from the company that made them both, it is over double the price. things get cheaper and easier as technology moves forward. the processes and manufacturing costs go down on this sort of thing. i do it for a living and see it every day.

it was always the big debate when 3rd party companies started putting out stuff and the costs were so much more than official... as it was smaller runs, higher costs for smaller companies, lower end manufacturing capabilities... all of it cost more than the official. so now we see 3rd party offerings that are about 1/2 the cost of the official stuff. if the 3rd party option in TE-01 and a 3rd party trailer kit can be bought for $160... which is pretty much duplicating mp44... for $300 less... and 3rd party is more expensive than official... just goes to show how TT is going ridiculous on pricing. which is punch in the face clear with mp44 at MSRP of $450!

Here's part 2 to my review of the new MP-44 Optimus Prime. In this video i go through:
- Risky/tricky parts of transformation
- How to articulate knees to avoid damage
- Comparison against MP-10
- Final thoughts
Hope you can check it out! ��

The more I see of MP-44 the less I think it looks good. Really not sure why, but something throws the whole look off.

the chest is too big especially the windshields. there is no neck at all. needs to have slimmer/taller proportions. Pop Culture did a great representation on G1 Prime.

The more I see of MP-44 the less I think it looks good. Really not sure why, but something throws the whole look off.

the chest is too big especially the windshields. there is no neck at all. needs to have slimmer/taller proportions. Pop Culture did a great representation on G1 Prime.

Back