ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasnt the G1 toy white plastic?
Totally see what yourr saying about the cheap(ish) look of it though. Something kinda throws it a little

Wasnt the G1 toy white plastic?
Totally see what yourr saying about the cheap(ish) look of it though. Something kinda throws it a little

Might just be the prototype.

In hand it might not look that bad.

I honestly don't think it's bad myself, little bit bright but definitely not enough to stop me ordering one :)

Neil

Yeah white is always a pain to get looking premium... Some gloss maybe to make it shine... Otherwise though, this thing looks spot on to me.

Might just be the prototype.

In hand it might not look that bad.

I honestly don't think it's bad myself, little bit bright but definitely not enough to stop me ordering one :)

Neil

Hopefully like you say its just a proto and they'll knock out the kinks. it definitely wont stop me ordering it either i dont think! Always had a soft apot for Jazz out of all the car bots. Dont know why :D

Yeah white is always a pain to get looking premium... Some gloss maybe to make it shine... Otherwise though, this thing looks spot on to me.

I'd agree they've done an overall excellent job on this one. It'd be hard to top the look they've achieved

Only thing I don't like is the faction symbol outline and that the shape of the legs doesn't really match the G1 art. Maybe the blue could be a different shade too, along with the white. But it's still a really damn good effort. I also never realized that the blue stripe on the animation model was actually recessed, so that's a nice touch.

Only thing I don't like is the faction symbol outline.

Yea, that's the one thing that really spoils it for me too. It seems to be raised slightly too so it likely wouldn't be an easy fix of just putting a bigger sticker over it. I really like the headsculpt though, and think they've done a really great job overall.

Re: All things transformers!!!!

Class of 2014.

This almost turned into a dud year after the explosion in 2013! Only a few repaints were made, until they released three big new molds in Wheeljack, Bumblebee, and Ultra Magnus late in the year. Definitely a fantastic way to end the year on a bang with again the best G1 representations of these characters ever made!

View attachment 309525

I really regret selling my Magnus :( looks great mate!

Re: All things transformers!!!!

I really regret never buying one :(

Too dear now considering what he did cost :(

I pretty much gave mine away for about £100 too! Saw one not long ago on FB for a similar price but dragged my heels and someone jumped in a pinched it.
Another lad was selling a Citizen Stack for about £70 but as nice as he looks, he just doesnt fit in properly as an MP imo.

I think it bites more now We've got some pretty awesome versions of Galvatron and his gang with Kup to come

I pretty much gave mine away for about £100 too! Saw one not long ago on FB for a similar price but dragged my heels and someone jumped in a pinched it.
Another lad was selling a Citizen Stack for about £70 but as nice as he looks, he just doesnt fit in properly as an MP imo.

Yeah £100 is about what I'd be willing to pay for him.
I've looked at Stack too but he definitely doesn't cut the mustard compared to the official release

I have no regrets about selling Magnus. Diaclone Magnus is all I need from that mold.

You know what I keep looking at picking him up instead but I just think he's a poor relation & I only ever remember the TF toy colours so think he'd just be out of place to me & would never look quite right.

I think it bites more now We've got some pretty awesome versions of Galvatron and his gang with Kup to come

This is exaclty the issue now.

I'm getting Fanstoys Galvatron & will be getting their Kup too (on the fence as to whether I should get X-Transbots Scourge & Cyclonus or wait for Fans Toys versions) so no Magnus is now a huge glaring omission

I have MP-09 still so a Rodimus to my impending Galvatron but I think I will miss Magnus in the display

Neil

If I get any series 3 characters it'll be Galvatron, Scourge and Cyclonus. When I was a kid I started to lose interest in TFs after the movie, I found their toy designs uninspiring and drifted away. I sold MP Magnus and MP Hot Rod as I was never really into their characters and, not so much with Hot Rod (as I wanted to see the transformation), but I definitely regretted buying MP Magnus pretty much as soon as I'd paid for the pre-order at AE. Diaclone Magnus was always the one I really wanted from that mold, I just prefer the colourscheme so much more. Plus as a character I really couldn't stand Ultra Magnus in the movie.

Last edited:
Yeah i dont really have any connection with the diaclone colourways just the G1 style but i can see the appeal.
Shame no one other than KFC had a go at an MP Magnus. I think a proper G1 toy style version would be outstanding but then, no one has tried Prime either until recently.

Was skeptical about the 1/22 scale Comicave AOE Prime, but he is AMAZING. 50% diecast just adds so much realism to this guy!!!

IMG_0897.JPG

Was skeptical about the 1/22 scale Comicave AOE Prime, but he is AMAZING. 50% diecast just adds so much realism to this guy!!!

he does look good. the only thing off putting is those giant pegs in the arms. i know he has some smaller versions on the real model, but the over sized nature they have on the figure just kills it for me. wonder if they can easily come off? if you could and trim them down to 1/2 - 3/4 the size i think it would be a major improvement to it.

he does look good. the only thing off putting is those giant pegs in the arms. i know he has some smaller versions on the real model, but the over sized nature they have on the figure just kills it for me. wonder if they can easily come off? if you could and trim them down to 1/2 - 3/4 the size i think it would be a major improvement to it.

Yeah the pegs are a slight eye sore. They are from the design in the movie but made a bit larger to accommodate putting the shield on and having some clearance of the forearm. Unfortunately they are not removable. They could be trimmed down, putty over the hole, blend paint. But I want to keep the option to put the shield on his arms with clearance of the forearm to move it around.

Back