ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's hoping Gigapower takes this chance to really up the ante, then.

Yeah defo; i remain hopeful too. I have to say though its not the end of the world if they dont pull it out of the bag as im really happy with my upscaled mp08 reximus prime.

looks awesome to me and better than MP-08

Glad it's not just me who's impressed, it seems so many people are anti-FT at the moment! I'm not even bothering with some of the FT threads on TFW2005 at the minute as they're just full of FT v Giga bickering.

From what I see, to me it looks like fans toys designed their Dinobots around the aesthetics of MP08 and tried to match the looks so they would fit in with Grimlock. They are all similar in looks and finish close to MP08. Therefore it only makes sense that grinder would represent or look like A pseudo oversized MP08 as that's what would be necessary for it to fit in with the rest of the Dinobots they designed. They really didn't have a choice in the scenario as he was what they originally worked around.

I honestly think they missed the boat on their pricing. Taking into consideration that a big majority of all the people that are collecting the rest of their Dinobots more than likely already have Mp08 and having the lifts that came with scoria that makes the MP08 usable height wise with their whole set, it seems to me they should have really Price that thing at $125 or in that ballpark since it's not really a necessary thing to complete the set if you have MP08. Pricing that thing at $200 to me seems a little absurd. And the big reason why I won't be picking it up and sticking with my MP08 for the time being.

Last edited:
Glad it's not just me who's impressed, it seems so many people are anti-FT at the moment! I'm not even bothering with some of the FT threads on TFW2005 at the minute as they're just full of FT v Giga bickering.

I'm not anti FT. 3 out of my 5 Dinos are FT. Im more anti boring design and sadly Grinder is a massive let down for me. Its uninspired, basic in its design and very blocky.
Still its down to taste. It just isnt what im looking for but glad for those who like it.

It wasn't a dig at you. As I said it's mainly on TFW2005, where some of the FT and Giga threads are becoming a bit of chore to read. I agree it's all down to personal taste and even though I cant wait to complete my FT Dinos, there have been some FT figures that have missed the mark for me. The main one that springs to mind is their Reflector.

Yeah true. Ive definitely got a love/hate relationship with FT but then again, the other companies have their hits and misses too. I just try to stick to characters i loved as a kid regardless of who made them. If there are multiple versions of the same character made by different companies, i just try to go with the one that catches my eye the best. I try not to put a foot squarely in one camp lol.

I honestly think they missed the boat on their pricing. Taking into consideration that a big majority of all the people that are collecting the rest of their Dinobots more than likely already have Mp08 and having the lifts that came with scoria that makes the MP08 usable height wise with their whole set, it seems to me they should have really Price that thing at $125 or in that ballpark since it's not really a necessary thing to complete the set if you have MP08. Pricing that thing at $200 to me seems a little absurd. And the big reason why I won't be picking it up and sticking with my MP08 for the time being.

… that is not how pricing works. At least based on my layman's knowledge.

Well once again Takara is reissuing a bunch of figures. This time we have Soundwave, Starscream, and MP10 , Frenzy, Buzzsaw, Rumble, jaguar

I'll wait for Amazon JP to put PO's.

$230 is a bit much, but seeing how everything is going up (it will likely get worse based on recent world news).

:(

Back