ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm exited to see a Takara Megatron too. I was very close to ordering Despotron since all retailers are getting him in stock next week, but now this I'm waiting for the Takara reveal.

Great time to be a Meagtron fan so many options for us.

Anyone that posts here in Tampa, FL? I just stumbled across a great shop for Transformers in the area. He has a massive stock of G1 toys, it's almost like a museum. He has some newer stuff and third party products and can order anything you like. His prices are good as well. For new stuff very comparable to bbts or tfs. Unfortunately they're closed until the 18th of September due to fallout from the recent hurricane. But after that I highly suggest stopping in if you are in the area.

https://bigredheadcomics.com/contact

With that out of the way I managed to stop in right before they closed and picked up a complete G1 Scourge. He's in quite good condition and just needs a little love in the sticker department (have a Reprolabels order on the way). Slowly starting to built my Scourge collection. Also picked up a G1 Blot on a whim. Since finding out about the Terrorcons as an adult I have had a real soft spot for the weird as hell little guy.

These are my first G1 bots. In the past I just couldn't see myself buying them. I was all about the new toys but seeing them in person really changed that.

Scourges by James Seaman, on Flickr
Screenshot 2016-09-08 17.57.40 by James Seaman, on Flickr

Anyone that posts here in Tampa, FL? I just stumbled across a great shop for Transformers in the area. He has a massive stock of G1 toys, it's almost like a museum. He has some newer stuff and third party products and can order anything you like. His prices are good as well. For new stuff very comparable to bbts or tfs. Unfortunately they're closed until the 18th of September due to fallout from the recent hurricane. But after that I highly suggest stopping in if you are in the area.

https://bigredheadcomics.com/contact

With that out of the way I managed to stop in right before they closed and picked up a complete G1 Scourge. He's in quite good condition and just needs a little love in the sticker department (have a Reprolabels order on the way). Slowly starting to built my Scourge collection. Also picked up a G1 Blot on a whim. Since finding out about the Terrorcons as an adult I have had a real soft spot for the weird as hell little guy.

These are my first G1 bots. In the past I just couldn't see myself buying them. I was all about the new toys but seeing them in person really changed that.

Scourges by James Seaman, on Flickr
Screenshot 2016-09-08 17.57.40 by James Seaman, on Flickr

Nice score!

Even as an original G-wunner I was never too interested in re-acquiring vintage bots until my LCS put out a large collection. It is a treat to see them on display in person.

Anyone see the first STGCC pics?
MMC does Death's Head and the floor and backgrounds of the shelfs EXTREMLY looks like the ones where Megs is standing on/ in front of.
Apparently also this Megs is supposed to be a KO of TT's MP and it's due to hit in may with the KO in June.
Read it in various comments, no interview links.
So for now...still take it with a grain of salt...

Some factory "test shots" of Masterpiece Thrust have leaked into the wild; some of the paint application is missing and/or incorrect (that's why they do these test shots), but gives a general idea of in-hand:

14292267_1147002328699039_471133448904260544_n.jpg

14225567_1147002322032373_2441471267812099928_n.jpg

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/bf091fa7jw1f7o8omz2mpj20zk0qo11o-jpg.27615346/

Some factory "test shots" of Masterpiece Thrust have leaked into the wild; some of the paint application is missing and/or incorrect (that's why they do these test shots), but gives a general idea of in-hand:

14292267_1147002328699039_471133448904260544_n.jpg

14225567_1147002322032373_2441471267812099928_n.jpg

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/bf091fa7jw1f7o8omz2mpj20zk0qo11o-jpg.27615346/

Thanks for that, can't wait until I have the trio, alongside the original seekers in MP form. Say what you will about the mold (it is not the greatest) but as someone who never owned the original toys, this is kind of a dream come true.

Thank you, Takara Tommy!

Here are some of my fav pics from The Maketoys Despotron Review.

13-37.png

4-55.png

8-52.png

I used a review sample which was a pretty floppy mess in bot mode for this so I just took some essential shots and let it go, but my retail version comes in tomorrow and I'll be doing a ton more shots from there.

Stickers removed! Hopefully get my Reprolabels by tomorrow. I'm very very happy with the surface quality of the plastic. I think a mix of Big Redhead Comics having great product and G1 toys being built to survive nuclear holocaust. I haven't touched a G1 toy in like 20+ years and was really surprised by the bomb proof build quality.

G1 Scourge - Removed Stickers by James Seaman, on Flickr

Thanks for that, can't wait until I have the trio, alongside the original seekers in MP form. Say what you will about the mold (it is not the greatest) but as someone who never owned the original toys, this is kind of a dream come true.

Thank you, Takara Tommy!
Yeah, the seeker mold is my absolute least favorite in the MP-10 and onward Masterpiece series. I owned the Walmart-exclusive Masterpiece Starscream, which was a mess, and then "upgraded" to the Toys R Us Masterpiece Starscream that people claimed had fixed all of the quality control issues, only to experience the same issues and then some. Torso still doesn't lock into place, shoulder joints are so stiff that turning the arms causes the thruster boobs to pop up, and until I recently fixed it the shoulder would completely fall apart due to too much excess material inside.

Not sure yet if I want to risk $180 to find out if Takara Tomy's Thrust fares any better, but at the very least the leg kibble can't collide with the back kibble since it's all in one on him (since his wings attach to his legs instead of his back). If ever there were a mold Takara should take back to the drawing board, it's MP-11.

A third party needs to have a go at overhauling the seeker design and uoscale it while they're at it

Back