ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was cleaning out my parent's attic the other day and found my old G1 Jetfire transformer with box. Box is a little beat up and the transformer itself shows signs of a young child playing with it. Any idea of what this is worth?

Most recent pickups. Doubledealer I already had but the upgrade kit is new. I didn't expect the shoulder clips to make that much of a difference but man is he so much nicer to handle with the shoulders actually locked in place.

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-27%20at%2011.53.49%20AM.png

They haven't shown a color prototype yet but I'm guessing they'll do the same options as Make Toys, I'll be going for the darker green of the G1 toy as I prefer that to the lighter green of the animation model.
Only one pre-order option was made available so far that I know of, but of course they could come back and add another one for the different color scheme. I might actually pick up both if they do both colors. Toon scheme would fit best with my TF display, but Hound was one of my favorite toys as a kid, and so I love that color as well. Would probably keep that one in my office, along with Prowl who is already here.

I'm thinking of getting into the masterpiece G1 series the HT Optimus inspired this. Any suggestions for someone who wants the original team of autobots and deceptions?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I collect what I like from both lines. IMO there doesn't have to be a winner as to which is better. They are different enough so that they don't need comparing.
I love them both!

I'm thinking of getting into the masterpiece G1 series the HT Optimus inspired this. Any suggestions for someone who wants the original team of autobots and deceptions?

agesthreeandup.com are having a 20% off everything sale this weekend. I would suggest buying Takara MP-10 Optimus and MP-13 Soundwave (Reissue) - Ages Three And Up. You most likely won't find a better deal on these.

If you're not concerned about mixing Takara and Hasbro MP, I'd suggest getting MP Bluestreak from ToysRUs and watch for MP Starscream to come in stock beginning of October-ish. Also, Takara MP Thundercracker will be up for preorder soon-ish. Most agree it is a better deco than the Hasbro version and will probably run around the same price now that the Hasbro can only be obtained through the secondary market. It's possible the Hasbro will go down in price as people sell theirs off for the Takara version, so maybe a deal 'could' be had in the future.

If you like it, you're hooked and have to back-track about a dozen figures. Be careful of ebay and the like since there are KO's of most MP's. Places like BBTS, TFSource, Captured Prey, ToyDojo, TheChosenPrime and several others still have them in the $70 to $90 range. In the future, look to importing them from amiami.com, hlj.com, anime-export.com, nippon-yasan.com, etc to get the best prices (often $20-$30 less than US etailers).

agesthreeandup.com are having a 20% off everything sale this weekend. I would suggest buying Takara MP-10 Optimus and MP-13 Soundwave (Reissue) - Ages Three And Up. You most likely won't find a better deal on these.

If you're not concerned about mixing Takara and Hasbro MP, I'd suggest getting MP Bluestreak from ToysRUs and watch for MP Starscream to come in stock beginning of October-ish. Also, Takara MP Thundercracker will be up for preorder soon-ish. Most agree it is a better deco than the Hasbro version and will probably run around the same price now that the Hasbro can only be obtained through the secondary market. It's possible the Hasbro will go down in price as people sell theirs off for the Takara version, so maybe a deal 'could' be had in the future.

If you like it, you're hooked and have to back-track about a dozen figures. Be careful of ebay and the like since there are KO's of most MP's. Places like BBTS, TFSource, Captured Prey, ToyDojo, TheChosenPrime and several others still have them in the $70 to $90 range. In the future, look to importing them from amiami.com, hlj.com, anime-export.com, nippon-yasan.com, etc to get the best prices (often $20-$30 less than US etailers).

Thank you very much! I will take advantage of that 20% offer. How do I redeem the 20% at checkout?

Thank you very much! I will take advantage of that 20% offer. How do I redeem the 20% at checkout?

Since you are ordering online, it just takes it off automatically during checkout. Details Here

Doesn't start until 12:00 tonight PST, which in FL is 4:00 am.

They also have $9.99 flat rate USPS shipping to US and Cananda and free shipping on orders over $200 (not sure if the free shipping applies to US and/or the 20% off deal).

Thanks Spark Extractor for the info,

I might see how much X-Transbots MX-I Apollyon (2nd Production Run) will come to w/the discount. But I'll check the shipping price too...:slap

Only one pre-order option was made available so far that I know of, but of course they could come back and add another one for the different color scheme. I might actually pick up both if they do both colors. Toon scheme would fit best with my TF display, but Hound was one of my favorite toys as a kid, and so I love that color as well. Would probably keep that one in my office, along with Prowl who is already here.

If I remember correctly they added the variants for Slag after the initial reveal so I'm hoping they'll do likewise with Hound. If that happens I could possibly get one of each instead of 2 of the same one and rotate which one was in with the other series 1 robots and which was on the vehicle mode shelf.

soundwave,
I also got a shipping message for one of my blue Bluestreaks but am away from home so I'm not sure whether it arrived this morning or not.

Hopefully there'll be a card through the door from the postie and I can go and pick it up on Monday.

Back