All things Marvel Legends/Marvel Select/Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the Hulk(avengers AOU), Spider-man(pizza) and Iron Man(avengers AOU) the other night in Toys R' Us and I just had to buy them. These are my first Marvel Legends figures and now I am hooked. Just picked up Amazing Spider-man 2, Star Lord and the unmasked wolverine off BBTS. I have the figuarts IM and Warmachine, they are slightly smaller then the Marvel Legends.

Are the Marvel Select figures slightly bigger then Marvel Legends? I want to pick up the Marvel Select Venom but I don't want it to look out of scale. Granted, its venom and he is bigger then spidey anyway.

I also want some older marvel select Iron "Men" but not if the scale is off.

Yes they are bigger, look at yacob's pic of Iron Patriot...the one in the left its a Selects and the one in the middle is a Legends...

Marvel Select I think are 7-inch scale, while Legends are 6-inch scale. I pulled out a few figures and took a pic to show the size comparison between some of the figures. The anti-venom is about the same height as the venom, just a little less bulky. I think the Venom scales ok next to the legends spiderman. The marvel select Iron Man would be way out of scale. The two Iron Man to the right are Marvel Select. The Mark VI is one of the earlier ones. The War Marchine Mark II is the size of the newer ones.

Attachments

• 20150406_132228_resized.jpg
    20150406_132228_resized.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 358
I am thinking I need the new Marvel Select Thor and Hawkeye. I don't have any small scale figures but they seem like they would be worth it.

Marvel Select I think are 7-inch scale, while Legends are 6-inch scale. I pulled out a few figures and took a pic to show the size comparison between some of the figures. The anti-venom is about the same height as the venom, just a little less bulky. I think the Venom scales ok next to the legends spiderman. The marvel select Iron Man would be way out of scale. The two Iron Man to the right are Marvel Select. The Mark VI is one of the earlier ones. The War Marchine Mark II is the size of the newer ones.

Thanks for the pic! I really appreciate you doing this.

I think the venom will look fine next to my marvel legends spidey. Venom is much bigger then spidey anyway, especially in most comic forms. I will stick to collecting marvel legends then and ignore the select, besides the venom of course.

Wow, the ML AOU Hulk is huge.

I'm trying to catch up on some MS figures. Just ordered Daredevil, Cyclops, Sabertooth, Venom and Carnage. Next batch I will order will be Doom, Magneto and Anti-Venom.

Anyone have a Marvel Select Venom and a Marvel Legends Hulk that I can see a comparative between the two? Or a Marvel Select Venom and Marvel Legends Spidey would be awesome too. Thanks!

I gotta get that hulk. How does he stack up on the previous MS Avengers Hulk and the ML walmart exclusive avengers Hulk?

I have no idea because these are actually my first ML figures. I don't own any MS figures either. I heard on youtube reviews that this might be the best hulk yet and it looks better then the figuarts imo.

Are you into collecting steelbooks? I stopped a long time ago, it was getting out of hand with the amount of releases, though I still buy the Marvel related ones.
Yeah but I started after those ones were out. I have all the other ones and I just got some Marvel animated SB's

Are you looking for anything in particular, nonmarvel related?
not really :dunno... I'm more of a casual collector than a completionist. I'm just after The First Avenger and Thor. THat Avengers steelbook I never got but I did recently pick up the Zavvi one... should have it soon. I do collect nonmarvel books. I recently got the Fast and the Furious collection

Anyone have pictures of the box (all sides including top, bottom, right side, left side) for the classic Spiderman (Hobgoblin BAF) figure? The one with the pizza slice.

Just decided to plunge into marvel legends line myself. Can't afford hot toys, so gotta have something lol. Anyway I picked up Spider-Woman and was hooked! Going to work on AoU first and then the spiderman hobgoblin set. I also own marvel select rhino, spiderman, lizard and juggernaut.

Back