All things Marvel Legends/Marvel Select/Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buddy of mine saw an end cap of the WM Grey Widows today. Looks like they may be pushing out a second wave!

Buddy of mine saw an end cap of the WM Grey Widows today. Looks like they may be pushing out a second wave!

OMG what a coincidence...so did I!

E8OsAmsl.jpg

I saw the same sidekick, but it was a mix of Widow and the Venomized Captain America. I got Widow back during the summer, so I grabbed a Cap.
I also got the Atmosphere Armor Iron Man, Stealth Captain America, and Thunderstrike from the Joe Fixit wave (Amazon) and the Rogue/Pyro 2-pack (BestBuy.com).

Heads up, a few Marvel Legends figures are now on sale at Amazon
Psylocke, Nimrod, and Fantomex set is $56
The Infinity Gauntlet prop is $67
The Magneto & Xavier two pack is $35
Movie Domino is $16
Old Man Wolvie and Hawkeye are $35
Sunspot, Warpath, and Pirate Deadpool from the Strong Guy BAF are $14
Movie Yelena Belova is $16
Movie Cap & Peggy Carter set is $32
Retro Gwen Stacy and Peter Parker are $14
Mr. Fantastic and Johnny Storm are $14 Inv. Woman is $15

I just ordered the Movie Magneto and Xavier. Would love to buy more but that's all I can afford at the moment.

Tempted to get the Nimrod set, but all I want is Psylocke. I'd have to dump the other 2 on ebay I guess... Or I keep waiting to see if they redo a Psylocke in the retro line as I'd rather have her blue/purple costume over the black.

And figures the Peter parker dropped to $14, cause I finally just bought him on Tuesday at target for $18. :lol

Went to target found movie Venom..went to checkout and street dated from the self checkout . The associate said the same thing :gah:

Tempted to get the Nimrod set, but all I want is Psylocke. I'd have to dump the other 2 on ebay I guess... Or I keep waiting to see if they redo a Psylocke in the retro line as I'd rather have her blue/purple costume over the black.

And figures the Peter parker dropped to $14, cause I finally just bought him on Tuesday at target for $18. :lol

I would've taken Fantomex off your hands, maybe Nimrod too! Too bad the set is now sold out.

I went back and forth between the Movie Magneto with Xavier and the Wolvie with Hawkeye sets, in the end I picked the one set I'd enjoy the most, of course the Wolvie with Hawkeye set sold out and now I'm thinking I choose poorly. :lol

Edit: the Wolvie and Hawkeye set came back at $35, and I bought one. I just won't eat out for a couple of weeks. Hopefully the paint will be good on my set because between the three versions I looked through at Target a couple of weeks back, only one had great paint.
Speaking of paint, my Movie Magneto with Xavier set just arrived, great paint on six different heads! Got lucky on that one.

Last edited:
Well, my Logan / Hawkeye / Baby Hulk set arrived today. Great paint on the new Old Man Logan and both Old Hawkeye heads. Poor paint on the original Old Man Logan head I'm never going to use. Terrible paint on my baby Hulk, the eyes are completely unpainted! I guess I'll have to paint them, better than contacting Hasbro for a replacement.
I also got my Kang figure from the Joe Fixit wave yesterday, great figure but slightly loose hips and limited range in the arms from the shoulder parts of the tunic.
And today I got my Movie Venom figure! Great sculpt and articulation, size is the same as Marvel Select Venom. Paint on the teeth is poor, I wish it was better.

Also Movie Mystique is on sale on Amazon now, $19.99 or, what the retail should've been from the beginning.

Well, my Logan / Hawkeye / Baby Hulk set arrived today. Great paint on the new Old Man Logan and both Old Hawkeye heads. Poor paint on the original Old Man Logan head I'm never going to use. Terrible paint on my baby Hulk, the eyes are completely unpainted! I guess I'll have to paint them, better than contacting Hasbro for a replacement.
I also got my Kang figure from the Joe Fixit wave yesterday, great figure but slightly loose hips and limited range in the arms from the shoulder parts of the tunic.
And today I got my Movie Venom figure! Great sculpt and articulation, size is the same as Marvel Select Venom. Paint on the teeth is poor, I wish it was better.

Also Movie Mystique is on sale on Amazon now, $19.99 or, what the retail should've been from the beginning.

You are indeed better off just painting the eyes yourself. I picked up a Green Goblin back in August with two left feet. It was the last one on the shelf, so I emailed Hasbro. It took them over a month to get back to me and then just let me know that they didn't have any replacement figures to send out. They did sent a different figure which was nice, but happened to be one I don't have any interest in.

So I finally received my ML Rogue & Pyro 2pk (& the new Carnage as well) from Hasbro Pulse in the mail yesterday. Open them up today and my Pyro's leg is broken at the swivel calf joint...:gah: Took him out of the package, the leg looked loose with a gap and as soon as I touched it, it fell off.. :mad:

Pyro 1.jpg

This is the first time I have ever had a problem with a Marvel Legends figure (other than sloppy paint apps of course..). I emailed the Hasbro Customer Care as it was already too late to do live a chat... Ends at 3pm... Seriously Hasbro!?!

Anybody here have a problem like this and had to contact Hasbro before? How is their customer service, and how long does it usually take? And will they require me to send it back before they send me a replacement? :(

Thanks to any that answer me...

So I finally received my ML Rogue & Pyro 2pk (& the new Carnage as well) from Hasbro Pulse in the mail yesterday. Open them up today and my Pyro's leg is broken at the swivel calf joint...:gah: Took him out of the package, the leg looked loose with a gap and as soon as I touched it, it fell off.. :mad:

View attachment 499002

This is the first time I have ever had a problem with a Marvel Legends figure (other than sloppy paint apps of course..). I emailed the Hasbro Customer Care as it was already too late to do live a chat... Ends at 3pm... Seriously Hasbro!?!

Anybody here have a problem like this and had to contact Hasbro before? How is their customer service, and how long does it usually take? And will they require me to send it back before they send me a replacement? :(

Thanks to any that answer me...

Hi Loki -

If you scroll back 3 entries, I had an experience with Hasbro customer service this past summer. They're nice, but took them over a month to respond and were not able to replace my figure, though they were nice enough to send something else.

Hi Loki -

If you scroll back 3 entries, I had an experience with Hasbro customer service this past summer. They're nice, but took them over a month to respond and were not able to replace my figure, though they were nice enough to send something else.

Thanks for replying and relating your experience.

Hopefully they are able to help. If not this set is plenty available everywhere. I can easily pick up another, and at a discount.

I was annoyed as I also had my Star Wars black series Wampa come with the silver foil packaging scratched to hell, and my Hellfire Club set had some splotches on the white queen figure (which is really the only figure in the set I wanted). But overall in the grand scheme of life, it's not worth getting aggravated about. Much bigger problems in the world.

Hopefully they are able to help. If not this set is plenty available everywhere. I can easily pick up another, and at a discount.

I was annoyed as I also had my Star Wars black series Wampa come with the silver foil packaging scratched to hell, and my Hellfire Club set had some splotches on the white queen figure (which is really the only figure in the set I wanted). But overall in the grand scheme of life, it's not worth getting aggravated about. Much bigger problems in the world.

Yikes, I hope my Hellfire WQ isn't like that when that set arrives next year. I'm in the same boat, I only wanted that set for that particular figure.

Yeah sometimes I do feel levels of frustration, but then I think about this for perspective. In the end I think this hobby should add more joy.

Back