All Things ANIME

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen both versions of FMA and I also prefer the original. Don't get me wrong Brotherhood is fantastic, but I just loved the original a little bit more.

FMA had a more compelling backstory for the Homunculi, with a focus on Lust, Wrath and Envy. Brotherhood has a less interesting backstory for them but I enjoyed the focus they placed on Greed and Brotherhood Wrath, as well as Pride.

I think FMA had a better ending, albeit one that intentionally led onto a movie sequel. It felt somber and appropriate to the series. Brotherhood's ending was more uplifting, still good but some people will enjoy it less because of this. However, plotwise it was better made.

I've watched FMA through quite a few times of the years (and am currently on it again.) Definitely one of the best.

Surprisingly, I've yet to watch Brotherhood. Just haven't got around to it, but will soon, hopefully.

You know, if they could take the best parts of both and meld them together into one series, it might just be the greatest anime of all time... instead of just being one of the top 5 or 10 series! :rotfl

Right you've all done it now!!!!

I'm off to find the proper FMA series & get that watched.

All this talk has made my mind up...I was quite happy in my blissfully unaware state but now thanks to you 'orrible lot I need to see how different it is ;)

Thanks for making me spend money :pfft::pfft:

Neil

All this talk has made my mind up...I was quite happy in my blissfully unaware state but now thanks to you 'orrible lot I need to see how different it is ;)

Neil

I'll be curious what you opinion is, since you're watching it after Brotherhood. I think most of us watched it before Brotherhood, so the story and characters were fresh and it made a major impact... interested if it does the same being watched after Brotherhood.

Neil

I think both are on Netflix now

I'll be curious what you opinion is, since you're watching it after Brotherhood. I think most of us watched it before Brotherhood, so the story and characters were fresh and it made a major impact... interested if it does the same being watched after Brotherhood.

Will let you know as soon as I'm done with them
It will be different I'm sure as I'll have an idea on what happened but based on what you've said I'm looking forward to seeing just how different they might be.

I think both are on Netflix now

I don't have Netflix myself but my Brother does, that said I'm not sure they are avilable on there in the UK?

Might have a look next time I'm at my brothers though.

Neil

FMA: Brotherhood on Blu (Collections 1 + 2) on sale on Amazon for $24 each. A few other anime titles as well are on sale. One day only. Ends tonight, I believe.

Check it out!

So I'm on Episode 308 of Bleach, and this show is ridiculously good so far (and has been.) The fillers are definitely annoying, but the Aizen vs. Ichigo is so amazing. Bleach is the first anime I've seen in a long while that keeps me chomping at the bit.

I've read from a few people that said the show goes downhill after the Aizen arc. Without giving away spoilers, is that the consensus? Say it ain't so. :monkey2 I'll definitely see this to the end regardless.

So I'm on Episode 308 of Bleach, and this show is ridiculously good so far (and has been.) The fillers are definitely annoying, but the Aizen vs. Ichigo is so amazing. Bleach is the first anime I've seen in a long while that keeps me chomping at the bit.

I've read from a few people that said the show goes downhill after the Aizen arc. Without giving away spoilers, is that the consensus? Say it ain't so. :monkey2 I'll definitely see this to the end regardless.

Use to watch Bleach wow they are they far along damn .

Bleach should of ended with the Aizen fight. now it feels like its just dragging along. The manga is even taking a two month hiatus cause the author doesn't know what to do with it. Then again I havent watched bleach in awhile so I dont know whats going on.

Back