All Things ANIME

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ANIME???

The one that started it all for me.
infrfa.jpg

^^^Nice. This is only half Anime related but I'm watching Blood:The Last Vampire live action movie. I really like it so far and the special effects aren't that bad. Tomorrow I'm gonna dig out the anime DVD and watch it.

The one that started it all for me.
infrfa.jpg

The BEST animated film of ALL time. Hands down. Hell, for me it just may be THE best film of all time. Macross is easily my favorite science fiction franchise.

Finished my Macross Marathon, took me about 4 months.

Super Dimensional Fortress Macross
SDFM: DO you remember love?
Flashback 2012
Macross Plus
Macross 7
Macross 7 Movie
Macross 7 Encore
Macross Zero
Macross Frontier

Best anime me thinks and i still like Robotech, would have never have looked in macross if i had'nt seen that.

What, no Macross II? Haha... I keed, I keed. :D Awesome marathon. I've been meaning to do a similar one. As is, I usually watch SDF/DYRL?/Flashback 2012 at least once a year. What was your opinion of Macross 7? I know that show can be VERY polarizing, and I'd never recommend it to anyone other than die-hard Macross fans. I love it, but then again I'm a Macross junkie. Ha! The only series I'm "meh" on to this day is Zero.

This thread has been inactive for far too long...

Anyone watching anything new? I've recently picked up a lot of series I've been wanting to see... now to just find the time to watch them. I'm still watching anime on Adult Swim on Saturday nights, and can't wait for the new season of Bleach to start next month! And I've been enjoying Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood during it's run, but I like the original better... at least so far. We'll see how I feel after it's finished. Other than those two, Adult Swim is all re-runs lately, and it doesn't look like they will be getting much new this year. I think they said two new anime series (maybe 3) would be on this year, and FMA:B is one of them, so only 1 or 2 more to debut.

As for new stuff on DVD/Blu-Ray, I can't wait for Haruhi Suzumiya season 2 and the Gurren Lagann movies, to come out. The Lagann movies come out in July and I've already got them on pre-order, but no word yet on Haruhi season 2, although everyone thinks they will be released soon.

Well,
I really need to check some of the newer Anime...
I finally was able to get a hold of Shin Mazinger (I'm old school and a sucker for Super Robots! :lol)
And it kind of sucks... :lol...
Animation is good, characters are cool, but the writing and story doesn't make much sense...

shinmazingershougekiz-hen1.jpg

But!!
I just found out that Go Nagai and company are releasing this:

cssimg012.gif

Last edited:

I read more manga than watch anime right now.

Currently Watching:

Naruto
Bleach
Various series
Katekyo Hitman Reborn (havent seen episodes in awhile)

Favorites:

Code Geass
Vampire Hunter D
Macross Plus
Iria (animated)
Ronin Warriors
Teknoman
DBZ
list goes on forever

First show I ever saw was either Ronin Warriors, Dragonball or Teknoman. I dont remember. I remember it was UPN on a saturday when the network first started.

Currently watching: Eden of the East, Time of Eve.

Desperately trying to find a decent way to watch: Evangelion 2.0

This thread has been inactive for far too long...

Anyone watching anything new? I've recently picked up a lot of series I've been wanting to see... now to just find the time to watch them. I'm still watching anime on Adult Swim on Saturday nights, and can't wait for the new season of Bleach to start next month! And I've been enjoying Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood during it's run, but I like the original better... at least so far. We'll see how I feel after it's finished. Other than those two, Adult Swim is all re-runs lately, and it doesn't look like they will be getting much new this year. I think they said two new anime series (maybe 3) would be on this year, and FMA:B is one of them, so only 1 or 2 more to debut.

As for new stuff on DVD/Blu-Ray, I can't wait for Haruhi Suzumiya season 2 and the Gurren Lagann movies, to come out. The Lagann movies come out in July and I've already got them on pre-order, but no word yet on Haruhi season 2, although everyone thinks they will be released soon.

I watch the Japanese version of Bleach but from time to time I'll watch the English version. Gotta love Grimmjow vs Ichigo II.

I never got into FMA.

Last edited:

currently watching FMA:Brotherhood and it is supposed to follow the manga as opposed to the original. the storyline and the character development is different in so many ways. i fell out of bleach and naruto just because of the ridiculous amount of filler stories/episodes. i like one piece also even though it has some fillers too. best anime i'd say is death note. if you want to get your girl interested in anime, should show her an anime called chobits.

currently watching FMA:Brotherhood and it is supposed to follow the manga as opposed to the original. the storyline and the character development is different in so many ways. i fell out of bleach and naruto just because of the ridiculous amount of filler stories/episodes. i like one piece also even though it has some fillers too. best anime i'd say is death note. if you want to get your girl interested in anime, should show her an anime called chobits.

I know a few people who stopped watching these series because of the filler.

...Desperately trying to find a decent way to watch: Evangelion 2.0

The 2.22 DVD/Blu-Ray just came out in Japan, so the US version won't be too far behind.

I watch the Japanese version of Bleach but from time to time I'll watch the English version. Gotta love Grimmjow vs Ichigo II.

I never got into FMA.

That was a great battle!!

You really need to give FMA a try; it is one of my favorites!

I know a few people who stopped watching these series because of the filler.

Yeah, I knew Brotherhood was supposed to follow the manga more closely, but I've seen the original series so many times, it (Brotherhood) just seems odd at times... but I am still enjoying it.

I still claim DBZ is the world champion for dragging out a plot and fillers! I can handle Bleach and Naruto... yeah, they can have weird fillers and drag things out a bit, but it is nothing compared to DBZ, and I lived through that one! :rotfl

The 2.22 DVD/Blu-Ray just came out in Japan, so the US version won't be too far behind.

That was a great battle!!

You really need to give FMA a try; it is one of my favorites!

Yeah, I knew Brotherhood was supposed to follow the manga more closely, but I've seen the original series so many times, it (Brotherhood) just seems odd at times... but I am still enjoying it.

I still claim DBZ is the world champion for dragging out a plot and fillers! I can handle Bleach and Naruto... yeah, they can have weird fillers and drag things out a bit, but it is nothing compared to DBZ, and I lived through that one! :rotfl

I'll pass on FMA. lol And yes, DBZ was the champion of plot dragging. Still, Naruto's courier ninja was a horrible filler.

right now, I'm watching cowboy bebop, got done with blood+ & samurai champloo last week

I'm lookin to get the rouroni kenshin set, but it costs a fortune

Last edited:

right now, I'm watching cowboy bebop, got done with blood+ & samurai champloo last week

I'm lookin to get the rouroni kenshin set, but it costs a fortune

Those three you mention first are fantastic anime! Bebop was one of my first anime series, and really helped turn me on to anime.

Yeah I agree with Ic, those 3 series are really good. Bebop is probably one of most favorite series. I try to find cels and gengas from the series but they cost a fortunate. Blood+ starts up slow but once it gets going, damn.

yeah, i agree. cowboy bebop is a great anime also. that and vampire hunter helped my interest in animes. at the time i was a huge dragonball z/gt fan, but now that i look back on it all, i wonder wth i was thinking lol.

Back