All Things ANIME

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ANIME???

I'm finally watching Death Note via hulu. It seems to get a lot of negative criticism from some users, but I think it's okay.

I don't even bother watchin cartoon network anymore, not after I figured out that they skip episodes. happened with DBZ & samurai champloo when they aired them

...Bebop, Black Lagoon, SAC, and a little Ergo Proxy...

^ Are these similar to the ones I mentioned?

Well, those you mentioned are very different from each other, but I think you'll like the ones I mentioned. Maybe not FLCL as much, but you should like the other two.

I'm finally watching Death Note via hulu. It seems to get a lot of negative criticism from some users, but I think it's okay.

I love Death Note... it isn't for everyone, because it can be a bit... how do I say this... "wordy" maybe... although, that's not quite it either... "intellectual" might be better... of course, GITS is very "wordy and intellectual" as well, and it is very popular!

I don't even bother watchin cartoon network anymore, not after I figured out that they skip episodes. happened with DBZ & samurai champloo when they aired them

I've sometimes suspected that, but could never be sure. I know on some series, like Bleach, the episodes are numbered during the opening credits, and I've never missed an episode on those. But others, I've watched two, three, maybe more times on AS, and lo and behold, I'll see an episode I swear I've never seen, and start wondering "did they show this one before?".

Yeah they do. If the episode is too violent or whatever, they just skip it.

I remember when CN tried showing Evangelion. That was hilarious. It was horribly cut up.

I've sometimes suspected that, but could never be sure. I know on some series, like Bleach, the episodes are numbered during the opening credits, and I've never missed an episode on those. But others, I've watched two, three, maybe more times on AS, and lo and behold, I'll see an episode I swear I've never seen, and start wondering "did they show this one before?".

I noticed on DBZ when they showed those "movies" on tv...those are actually episodes crammed together. they skipped episodes during the adroid saga, cell games & majin bou

I have time warner, there's a free anime on demand channel I burn the hell out of lol

I have comcast digital and they used to have an anime on demand thing. They might still have it but I dont remember seeing it anymore. oh well. It sucked anyways. They had Full Metal Panic but only a few episodes (like 1-9 , 13, 15).

I have comcast digital and they used to have an anime on demand thing. They might still have it but I dont remember seeing it anymore. oh well. It sucked anyways. They had Full Metal Panic but only a few episodes (like 1-9 , 13, 15).

this one shows some good stuff like you're under arrest, dark king & the getbackers

I just broke out the ol' FMA boxed sets. I don't care what anyone says that one is still one of my favorites. :rock

I was going through my closet and found the OSTs sitting there and started playing a few tracks. I got sucked back in!!! :lol I used to be a much bigger anime fan, but I don't around to watching them too much anymore. That's about to change though. I miss the good ol' days.

The 2.22 DVD/Blu-Ray just came out in Japan, so the US version won't be too far behind.

I hope so. The wait for a region 1 release of Evangelion 1.0 was excruciatingly long, but I bet part of that was due to getting the English voice cast set.

I just broke out the ol' FMA boxed sets. I don't care what anyone says that one is still one of my favorites. :rock

I was going through my closet and found the OSTs sitting there and started playing a few tracks. I got sucked back in!!! :lol I used to be a much bigger anime fan, but I don't around to watching them too much anymore. That's about to change though. I miss the good ol' days.

Have you seen FMA: Brotherhood? It's quite good, imo. Supposedly it follows the manga much closer than the original series.

Back