Alita: Battle Angel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm jealous, wish they had that around here!

Taking a buddy next week, hope it holds up on 2nd viewing.

I haven't been this excited over a movie in a long time.

My score for it went up after the second viewing knowing what to expect and just being able to settle and soak it all in.

I'd like to see it in IMAX, but there are only 3D showings here, not regular. I avoid going to 3D films because I wear glasses, and the theater lenses make my eyes hurt.

The IMAX action sequences are jaw dropping but I think that the characters are strong enough to carry the film no matter what format you're viewing it in.

Notice please, Fury Road is most successful film of this group. Notice please.

Always nice to see great films get rewarded.

How is that possible it's budget was 200m and with kickbacks ended up costing 180m. Has to make over around the 500m mark to break even.

www.boxofficemojo.com has the budget listed at $170 million. That said I wouldn't be surprised if Fox was low-balling the breakeven amount to save face. I hope it hits that 500 and more.

My score for it went up after the second viewing knowing what to expect and just being able to settle and soak it all in.

The IMAX action sequences are jaw dropping but I think that the characters are strong enough to carry the film no matter what format you're viewing it in.

Always nice to see great films get rewarded.

www.boxofficemojo.com has the budget listed at $170 million. That said I wouldn't be surprised if Fox was low-balling the breakeven amount to save face. I hope it hits that 500 and more.

I'm seeing it tonight and i cannot wait. I dont care if fox is low balling if it makes 500m we know its in profit and we will get more.

Alita was a total win for me in every area. I had been hyped for it ever since the initial trailer, and was bummed when it kept getting delayed. I'm just glad it did not disappoint, it wound up being everything I hoped for. I haven't been this enamored with a film for a long time, not even Infinity War last year.

I've already seen it several times. After each showing I feel like I could watch it again immediately... that never happens to me lol. The art book and novelization arrives in the mail today, can't wait to start those.

Just got back from seeing the movie and i just as i thought i really enjoyed the movie. I loved Alita the character, most of her dialogue and the action. I hope they make a second one.

Only crap thing about this movie is the temptation for the prime 1 alita statue.

Enjoyed the movie. Preorder her Hot Toys

Eventhough I think movie is quite cramped, there is no moment for breathing. They moving plot really fast if you are not put attention you might be miss something. But story is really breath of fresh air after saturated superhero movie, visual is unique, world is interesting, characters are believable and I am kinda sad at the end. They are really try so hard to explain a world without too much exposition dump but instead cut it into pieces. But it can be confusing.

I just think movie deserve sequel but seems movie will not making that much money.

I know nothing of the source material, but I'm always looking for good sci-fi.

The only thing I'll throw out to you is that the manga is over 2,000 pages long so if the ending of the film seens too open-ended it isn't because they were pulling a Genisys/Salvation by deliberately starting a trilogy that may never come to be. I think they did a great job of establishing a satisfying arc for her character while still leaving with the promise of more adventures to come so I'm curious as to how it will play with you.

I was actually a bit confused by the ending.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I suppose we'll have to wait and see how that plays out but I took it as:

Spoiler Spoiler:

That's a pretty reasonable assessment.

I really hope we end up getting at least one more movie. Too cool of a world not to.

I was going to see this the other night, but the weather got bad so that stopped me. The good to come out of it though is that my wife is now going to join me for this next week. I am really excited about this film. This is easily one of my most anticipated films of the year. I have been into it ever since the first trailer dropped. I have seen the OVA, so I do have some understanding of the source material. I really hope that this film does well enough to get a sequel. It seems that this is easily the best anime adaptation in quite some time. It certainly helps having the talent behind it that it does.

Im actually really finding myself wanting to go see this again, that's rare and the mark of a well done flick for me!

I really wish NECA or someone would get the license to do a figure line. Alita and all those cyborgs would make for some fantastic toys, and would fit right in with the Aliens/Predators/Terminators on my shelf.

Im actually really finding myself wanting to go see this again, that's rare and the mark of a well done flick for me!

I really wish NECA or someone would get the license to do a figure line. Alita and all those cyborgs would make for some fantastic toys, and would fit right in with the Aliens/Predators/Terminators on my shelf.

I'll buy any and all figures that are made. Neca, Mafex, Mezco... whoever makes them, I'll get them.

Is it only me that think this movie will have extended cut? The movie was great and all but I think plot is kinda moving too fast, some even jarring. Which lead me to believe there must be some scenes they cut for theatrical duration.

It’s crazy how they ended this like the ova in the bittersweet type of way. I thought they were gonna go for a typical Hollywood good ending but **** really hit the fan lol. I liked that it pulled no punches

Back