ALIENS THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Les! Yeah, the figs speak volumes enough for themselves. Like a Museum piece, best to appreciate them without ALL THAT.

Then again, only you know my true voice so imagine my enthusiasm and edit it in! :lol

Hey Paul, you got a stereo system and the ALIENS score? Or, just run the DVD in the background with Marines audio...."Let's Rock!"

Great new vid too!

Love that video Paul! The figures are already amazingly lifelike by themselves, but those lamps really make it happen! I've been absent for a while and I have some serious catching up to do...Is Hurricane making kits now or was that a custom job just for you? Reason I ask is 'cause I PMed him some time ago and asked if he might be able to make some kits, so the rest of us could upgrade our Marines. If he's doing that now, I don't want to miss out!

Btw, what happened to brother Dek? I didn't see his name in the Members List...What gives???

Hey Mudshark, great to have you back. You can catch more info in the Hurricane Shoulder lamps, etc, thread.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23432&page=22

Hurricane has done three sets for Dek, Me and Reiny and is doing Indy's and Wor Gars so definitely PM Him.

Brother Dek has been banned by the Darklord, let's hope it's not permanent. There was a thread about it in Other Dis or Sandbox, I think OD.

Hey Paul, you got a stereo system and the ALIENS score? Or, just run the DVD in the background with Marines audio...."Let's Rock!"

Great new vid too!

I may do another vid with DVD in background Les, don't know yet what, maybe the famous Hudson final battle scene with Motion tracker! Right now my kitchen is getting a new floor laid in so everything is a mess, hopefully I'll have it up by All Hallows Eve.

"It's reading right, man!

Last edited:
Question: Does anyone have the Alien vs. Corp. Hicks set by Kenner from 1997? It was a KayBee Toys exclusive set. See, the reason I ask is that I am trying to make my own Hicks. I missed the boat when it was out, and now I've looked everywhere to find one. I thought I'd found one at https://www.hotmovieprops.com/, but they haven't sent it and haven't responded to my emails... bastards. I have the Hudson chest armor. I can easily get the motion tracker. And the Kenner Hicks comes with a pulse rifle, and helmet. I think I could make the rest, but I haven't seen any good pictures, so I don't know how accurate it is.

So, help me if ya can.

Question: Does anyone have the Alien vs. Corp. Hicks set by Kenner from 1997? It was a KayBee Toys exclusive set. See, the reason I ask is that I am trying to make my own Hicks. I missed the boat when it was out, and now I've looked everywhere to find one. I thought I'd found one at https://www.hotmovieprops.com/, but they haven't sent it and haven't responded to my emails... bastards. I have the Hudson chest armor. I can easily get the motion tracker. And the Kenner Hicks comes with a pulse rifle, and helmet. I think I could make the rest, but I haven't seen any good pictures, so I don't know how accurate it is.

So, help me if ya can.

Yeah, Ive ordered from them too and haven't received a Hicks either. The Kenner Hicks from that pack is pretty cheap, so if I were you, I wouldn't even consider getting anything from that garbage of a set.

Here's a pic of it, BTW:
12InAlienVsMarineHicks1b.jpg

You're better off looking for the Hot Toys pulse rifle and helmet, IMHO.

I got that set too back in 1997 from Kay-Bee. It does royally suck! :monkey4

Hey, "Mr. Fusion" I'd try to get the loose Hot Toys marines weapons and gear you need from some sellers on eBay I've dealt with before like eBay seller "urban-samurai". His name is Alex and he is a great guy that usually has most of Hudson's gear in stock now. Check him out! Here's a link to his current ALIENS item auctions on eBay right now:

https://search.stores.ebay.com/Urba...fsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftsZ2QQsaselZ19848267QQsofpZ0

Also check out the website, www.monkeydepot.com. Here's a link to the page with the Hot Toys ALIENS marines gear they have in stock now:

https://www.monkeydepot.com/index.asp?txtSearch=ALIENS&PageAction=PRODSEARCH

:D

Last edited:
Well, I thought the clothes under the armor might be worth it, but judging from that picture, I guess not.:lol Thanks, Rob.

And I didn't even think to look at Monkey Depot. Thanks, Mike.

I have found a loose Hicks on eBay, but it will probably get over $200. That's really a little out of my price range. I just spent $300 the other day for a Hot Toys Superman (Clark Kent 2-in-1 version) and a Jor-El.

Well, I thought the clothes under the armor might be worth it, but judging from that picture, I guess not.:lol Thanks, Rob.

And I didn't even think to look at Monkey Depot. Thanks, Mike.

I have found a loose Hicks on eBay, but it will probably get over $200. That's really a little out of my price range. I just spent $300 the other day for a Hot Toys Superman (Clark Kent 2-in-1 version) and a Jor-El.

Whoah?! :monkey5 Hot Toys is now making a Jor-El? I want one of those! Where did you buy it from Mr. Fusion? I am assuming it looks like actor Marlon Brando? I hope so. Please let me know where you got it. I'd love to get that Brandon Routh Superman 2 in 1 figure too! Thanks!

By the way Fusion, I made my own Hicks using nearly all of Hudson's gear and uniform. I got that "Stoner head" that originally comes in camo face paint and painted skin tones over it to bring out Michael Biehn's likeness as Cpl. Hicks!

Here's the "Stoner head" in its original camo face paint.

HicksStonerheadwithcamopaint.jpg

...and here's a few shots of my Hicks from using that Stoner head and most all of Hudson's gear and weapons.

100_5340.jpg

100_5339.jpg

Whoah?! :monkey5 Hot Toys is now making a Jor-El? I want one of those! Where did you buy it from Mr. Fusion? I am assuming it looks like actor Marlon Brando? I hope so. Please let me know where you got it. I'd love to get that Brandon Routh Superman 2 in 1 figure too! Thanks!

the jor el is marlin brando, and its up for preorder at most toy stores. bbts has the both of em but the 2 in 1 clark/superman is sold out,( coulkd be available if someone cancels preorder. jor el is still available. hope this helps:monkey1

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=724&company=148

Hey Mike, are you still working on your Dietrich figure right? I was browsing through the Aliens bonus material DVD the other day and noticed there is some great reference photos of Dietrich in the Continuity Polaroids section.

They show the graffiti on her butt, helmet cover, shirt and medi-bag quiet well. It may show some detail of her armor too, have a browse through that disc.

Hey Mr.Fusion ,do you know about these guys?
https://members.aol.com/Uscmr/rdr.html#anchor397377
I've never personally ordered stuff from them , but I've heard plenty of good things on this and other forums .

I completely forgot about that place, Thundergod! I saw it about a year or so ago. Thanks for reminding me. If I can't find a Hicks at a reasonable price, then I know where to find a lot of accessories. I already have Hudson's chest armor.

JediMike, I have a Stoner head without the camo paint. But as soon as I ordered it, Les told me he could make one of his Spikey-haired resculpted Hicks for me. So, if anyone needs an extra Stoner head, I have one. If you're interested, I'll set up a thread in the "For Sale/Trades" section.

Thanks for all your help, guys.:)

No prob.

@Mike: Yep, they're making Jor-El and rereleasing the Superman Returns Supes figure. Now if only they could get get the licenses to the original Superman and Batman franchises..

Just watched Aliens to my girlfriend last night! I had been talking about Hot Toys Hicks and Hudson for so long that I thought it was time.

:)

as we're watching, she says "I know he lives... because you have one of his figures."

:lol:lol

Hi Stendec. Yeah, I have the big Alien Quadrilogy DVD set, and I have looked through all of those pictures. They even had a few of actor James Remar as Hicks, before he left the movie, and then Michael Biehn became the Hicks we all know and love! I'll refer to that extras disc again soon for my Cpl. Dietrich.

Good find for that Hicks Mr. Fusion! Now you need at least the "Stoner head" or one of Les's awesome "spikey-haired" Hicks heads for your Hicks! Because the Hot Toys head is really horrible. At least compared to the Stoner and Les's custom head!

Thanks Rob for letting me know about the HT Superman and Jor-El! I hope to get them both someday! :D

Man $271 lol. How much did these retail for when they were released?

Believe it or not, Sideshow had them for about $85 back in the winter of '06. They could even be had for less if you spent some time hunting around, back when the Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece series was still gathering steam.

Yeah, I've been kicking myself every time I see someone's Hicks. If only I had known then how awesome a figure it is.:monkey2 I'm sure I'll be happy with mine, though.

Oh, btw, JediMike, your Hicks looks awesome! I do have one of Les' spikey-haired Hicks heads. And I don't think the original head is horrible. It's got a good Michael Biehn likeness, except that it's more like Kyle Reese from "The Terminator." So, if I ever need to make another custom Reese, I've got the head.:lol You're right, though. It's not Hicks.

Back