ALIENS THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Man, what are you doing?
AHHHHHHHH....

DSC05746.jpg

DSC05752.jpg

One more... I love the expression on Hudson's Face. Les nailed it.

DSC05760.jpg

This wasn't easy guys, tough to pose and get hands as they are in place and all but I tried for you guys. Best I can do.... Maybe I'll try more sometime...

Will also try some mess hall shots with the crew soon...

Last edited:
Awesome pjam! I love it! I've been saving all of your pictures if that is okay with you, only to go back and enjoy them later on. They are so great! I'd love to see the entire group of marines around your table soon. Thanks! :D

Last edited:
Very fun collection and display pieces you got going there Paul, I can imagine lots of fun to have with all of those pieces.

A little update image of the crawlers, I'm getting close to done working the warriors in, then I need to add in the grated ceiling panels.

crawlers3.jpg

Very fun collection and display pieces you got going there Paul, I can imagine lots of fun to have with all of those pieces.

A little update image of the crawlers, I'm getting close to done working the warriors in, then I need to add in the grated ceiling panels.

Looking amazing MF. This is gonna be great.

And yeah, these figs are a blast, and they're not even suited up yet for battle, they haven't even had breakfast yet.

Nice work on the ALIENS picture Maulfan! I love it. Of course pjam, you gotta get the whole group of marines sitting around your table enjoying breakfast before Lt. Gorman tells them to "saddle up Apone"! :D

Ok, kinda late, but amped up so here goes. I finished my repainted head and weathered the BDU.

Shouts outs:

Les - Tip on painting eyes that aren't pure white.

DA Josh - Tip on weathering the BDU.

Pjam - Tip on switching the knife from right to left.

Thanks to you guys this was possible.

HICKS1.jpg

HICKS2.jpg

HICKS3.jpg

HICKS4.jpg

HICKS5.jpg

HICKS6.jpg

HICKS7.jpg

great job Maul!! love the paint up and weathering.

only minor criticism i could give is that he looks a little bit like he has a deer in the headlights look. don't know if that's because his eyes are a bit big.

however, it still looks amazing!!

Great looking headsculpt, that is Michael Biehn!

I agree with Reinhardt about the eyes but it doesnt distract from the awesomeness.

Hey guys, how do you take care of your figures?

I mean... it's really hot here in Florida, and the heat is starting to get to my (AVP) ALIEN Warrior. Really! The seams have started to split open! :monkey2

What should I do? The a/c stays on when I'm at home, but I turn it off if no one's here. The figure is not in direct sunlight either. Damn! I don't even mess around with the darn thing! :(

Does anyone know if ArmorAll is a safe way to go? :confused:

Hey guys, how do you take care of your figures?

I mean... it's really hot here in Florida, and the heat is starting to get to my (AVP) ALIEN Warrior. Really! The seams have started to split open! :monkey2

What should I do? The a/c stays on when I'm at home, but I turn it off if no one's here. The figure is not in direct sunlight either. Damn! I don't even mess around with the darn thing! :(

Does anyone know if ArmorAll is a safe way to go? :confused:

That is not good news Face!
Split seams! Man.....heat can't be good for these guys.

My fear with all these is the rubber in them. I wonder what the shelf life of them is supposed to be. Be great to know what kind of rubber they are, and some tech notes on them.

My fear with all these is the rubber in them. I wonder what the shelf life of them is supposed to be. Be great to know what kind of rubber they are, and some tech notes on them.

I know! :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

My Girl is headed for some ArmorAll as we speak. Not sure if I should use it though.

WHY!!!! :monkey2

I shouldn't have to keep my figures in the fridge!?!

Same here Les, with the Aliens and my Rambos, but interesting thing, I still have my original Jurassic Park T-Rex toy from Kenner back in '93 and the material they used has held up over 14 years with no signs of wear or damage, so I would hope at the cost of these pieces, Hot Toys used a rubber that gives articulation but also a good shelf life, but I'm sure it only holds under proper conditions like anything. The trouble is, even if the rubber holds, with the Aliens having seems, the bigger concern I would think is how the glue holds up rather than the rubber itself.

How much do you pose them? Are they active, in the sense that you move them alot, or are they static, and you have noticed cracks in them recently?

How much do you pose them? Are they active, in the sense that you move them alot, or are they static, and you have noticed cracks in them recently?

Along those lines, I would highly recommend not leaving the inner jaw extended for any serious length of time, it looks cool, but as thin as the rubber is around the outter jaw, it'll either tear or stretch it so much that when you close the jaw, the rubber will flop around and look rather ugly.

Back