Aliens,Predator and Terminator Q&A (Anything!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they mean the Machico Yutani chick getting the Wolfs gun.

this video might explain it a little better...
thats what I thought he meant when he wrote macho. :lol:lol:lol:lol
Macho , like Butch , man-like , you know.
Since the woman at the end did look like that. :rotfl:eek:

Turns out I was wrong.
Oh well... enjoy the song anyway. :lurking

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/AO43p2Wqc08&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/AO43p2Wqc08&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The headsculpt for the Machiko figure is one of sculptor Yuli's unused Angelina Jolie Sculpts. The figure is a hybrid based on Lex from the AVP movie, but mostly Machiko Noguchi from the books/comics.

So, if it's based on her and called Machiko, why isn't the lady in AVP:R Machiko?:confused:

Or do you mean the first AVP movie? But, that chick was black.:confused:

So, if it's based on her and called Machiko, why isn't the lady in AVP:R Machiko?:confused:

Or do you mean the first AVP movie? But, that chick was black.:confused:

Its not actually based completely on Lex. I guess its a hot toys creation.
They made the headsculpt of Machiko ( the figure ) looks slightly like Lex ( from the first avp movie ). It does have similar facial features.
It isn't actually her though. With the figure ( Machiko ) not being from a movie they kind of had a freedom with the headsculpt to a certain point.

Thats why it looks similar to Lex from the first avp.

Wow, this has to be one of my favorite threads.

Ok Here's a question:

In Aliens, the android from Alien is referred to as Cyberdyne systems *****. Isn't Cyberdyne from Terminator? Was it the same company, or just a reference from Cameron?

Thanks.

Wow, this has to be one of my favorite threads.

Ok Here's a question:

In Aliens, the android from Alien is referred to as Cyberdyne systems *****. Isn't Cyberdyne from Terminator? Was it the same company, or just a reference from Cameron?

Thanks.

He says 'Hyperdyne' but it is still intended as an in-joke...

For me, the Alien, Predator and Terminator franchises are all one universe...I like it better that way...

I remember in P2 the movie. The P2 Elder gave Harrigan the old handgun Musket at the end of the movie and AVP Elder gave Lex this spear. Now...does anybody remember what prize the Preds gave Batman for beating that Pred??

With the figure ( Machiko ) not being from a movie they kind of had a freedom with the headsculpt to a certain point.

Thats why it looks similar to Lex from the first avp.

*BUZZER*

The Machiko is nothing but the sculpt Yuli did of Angelina Jolie. That head was never used for a Jolie figure, so it became the first to use the Hot Angel's body and became Machiko. That's why she's not Japanese, like she's supposed to be.

For me, the Alien, Predator and Terminator franchises are all one universe...I like it better that way...

This man is also a genius. Completely agree.

I remember in P2 the movie. The P2 Elder gave Harrigan the old handgun Musket at the end of the movie and AVP Elder gave Lex this spear. Now...does anybody remember what prize the Preds gave Batman for beating that Pred??

They didn't give him anything. They were about to kick his ass some more instead.

*BUZZER*

The Machiko is nothing but the sculpt Yuli did of Angelina Jolie. That head was never used for a Jolie figure, so it became the first to use the Hot Angel's body and became Machiko. That's why she's not Japanese, like she's supposed to be.

ah cool.
So the fact that some people thought it looked like Lex was a coincidence ?

ah cool.
So the fact that some people thought it looked like Lex was a coincidence ?

Entirely, plus they are crazy:google

You know, I totally take that back. I know it's Jolie, but I can sort of see Lex in there.

AVP03.jpg

AVP11.jpg

Last edited:
alright, terminator question now:

in t1, kyle reese clearly explained that only living beings can travel thru time. "nothing dead will go". the t800 is living tissue over metal endoskeleton, so that's fine.

but what abt the t1000 and the tx? :confused:

cameron never officially went on record to explain this "inconsistency". i think he just chose to ignore it, in order to justify the sending back of machines in t2.

in the t2 ultimate edition dvd extras, there's a section on the technological concepts behind t2, the terminator's a.i. and the t1000's liquid metal composition. they talked about nanotechnology. my theory is that the t1000 is comprised of millions/billions of individual nanobots that are somewhat alive in a sense. and thus can generate/simulate the "living field" required to pass thru the time barrier.

but i'm still not entirely convinced myself. anybody got a better theory??

my theory is that the t1000 is comprised of millions/billions of individual nanobots that are somewhat alive in a sense. and thus can generate/simulate the "living field" required to pass thru the time barrier.

That's the best theory I ever came up with myself to explain it. You also get a genius button.

Does anybody know why they didn't just stick with the first AVP comic as a blueprint for the movie?? They would have had a bunch more Preds. Since the young Preds got stuck on the planet when there ship got blown up by some dumbass rancher, and all the aliens and the Queen was still in the movie. They humans there were Rinth ranchers and on a desert planet. It would have gone with the "heat" that the Preds love.

Broken Tusk would have made a BETTER Pred than the Scar. Would have made a better looking figure too. With that Alien head on his chest armor. Pretty much the same ending as the first AVP movie but instead of throwing the Queen into the icy water Machiko cut the Queens head off!!!

She even displayed it on her trophie on the roof of her house because she knew that Broken Tusk People would be back. And they did.
She even took part on a raid of the Queens nest in one of the other comics.

Does anybody know why they didn't just stick with the first AVP comic as a blueprint for the movie?? They would have had a bunch more Preds. Since the young Preds got stuck on the planet when there ship got blown up by some dumbass rancher, and all the aliens and the Queen was still in the movie. They humans there were Rinth ranchers and on a desert planet. It would have gone with the "heat" that the Preds love. Broken Tusk would have made a BETTER Pred than the Scar. Would have made a better looking figure too. With that Alien head on his chest armor. Pretty much the same ending as the first AVP movie but instead of throwing the Queen into the icy water Machiko cut the Queens head off!!! She even displayed it on her trophie on the roof of her house because she knew that Broken Tusk People would be back. And they did.
She even took part on a raid of the Queens nest in one of the other comics.

Do you know if there is anywhere that could sum up the whole series in a couple paragraphs.

alright, terminator question now:

in t1, kyle reese clearly explained that only living beings can travel thru time. "nothing dead will go". the t800 is living tissue over metal endoskeleton, so that's fine.

but what abt the t1000 and the tx? :confused:

cameron never officially went on record to explain this "inconsistency". i think he just chose to ignore it, in order to justify the sending back of machines in t2.

in the t2 ultimate edition dvd extras, there's a section on the technological concepts behind t2, the terminator's a.i. and the t1000's liquid metal composition. they talked about nanotechnology. my theory is that the t1000 is comprised of millions/billions of individual nanobots that are somewhat alive in a sense. and thus can generate/simulate the "living field" required to pass thru the time barrier.

Hmm. My question is why don't they encase weapons like plasma rifles in bags of cloned flesh and sent them back through time with their Terminators/resistance fighters.

Back