Aliens,Predator and Terminator Q&A (Anything!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wolf was good, but towards the end he seemed to lose all his combat technique? I know taking on alien after alien can take it out of you but come on! :lol: By the end of it he was just walking into attacks :(

If AVP-3 does happen, I wouldn't say no to seeing a full established hive on a planet. Praetorians, and other forms of alien.

Agreed. Put it back in space in the future and I'm all good. If we have to have humans then make them Colonial Marines. Period. No more scientists, no more high schoolers, no more small town cops, and no more whiny mercenaries. Colonial Marines or nothing.

Doesn't that go hand in hand? The people making the movies are either the script writers, directors, effects personnel, producer, etc. Good characters are made by good movie personnel.
My point was that if the Strause Bros put AvP:R in space with no teenagers, only a bunch of Colonial Marines..it would still blow.

My point was that if the Strause Bros put AvP:R in space with no teenagers, only a bunch of Colonial Marines..it would still blow.

Agreed, which is why we need better directors, etc. Have someone passionate about Aliens, like Rodriquez was with Predators, and I think we could have something special.

I agree that good characters need to be coupled in with decent direction, surely Marines would be a natural progression now? Bare in mind in the past two the main groups have been virtually defenseless, also the Marines from ALIENS are a favorite and well remembered group of characters.

If executed correctly, i'd be up for Biehn returning in AVP-3 as maybe a drill instructor for the Marines. Not a huge role but just something juicy for the fans like Henrikson in AVP. (Obviously Weyland had a large role in the film but you get my drift)

- For more indepth discussion join the AVP-3 Discussion Group, link in my sig -

I agree that good characters need to be coupled in with decent direction, surely Marines would be a natural progression now? Bare in mind in the past two the main groups have been virtually defenseless, also the Marines from ALIENS are a favorite and well remembered group of characters.

If executed correctly, i'd be up for Biehn returning in AVP-3 as maybe a drill instructor for the Marines. Not a huge role but just something juicy for the fans like Henrikson in AVP. (Obviously Weyland had a large role in the film but you get my drift)

- For more indepth discussion join the AVP-3 Discussion Group, link in my sig -

Thanks man and I just joined! :hi5:

Watched A:R the other day, man the amount the aliens drip :lol Like the amount of saliva they produce is beyond ridiculous!

Need advice please, I'm looking to sell my Alien(s/3/4) dioramas along with the Predator (2) both excl. dios.

Would I be better off selling them all together? Maybe the 4 Aliens together and 2 Predators together?

I've not seen anything on ebay which has more than one on offer and this would be the lot. I don't know how much more it would be worth sold grouped like this.

Never sold any of my collection before so any help is appreciated.

Dios in question:

72657014.jpg

84066532.jpg

41858504.jpg

28626237.jpg

Need advice please, I'm looking to sell my Alien(s/3/4) dioramas along with the Predator (2) both excl. dios.

Would I be better off selling them all together? Maybe the 4 Aliens together and 2 Predators together?

I've not seen anything on ebay which has more than one on offer and this would be the lot. I don't know how much more it would be worth sold grouped like this.

Never sold any of my collection before so any help is appreciated.

Selling collectibles as a lot, in general, will tend to result in a lower final price than if you sold the items individually. Also, a lot of potential buyers for this type item may already have one or more of the dios, and hence having them bundled would not be attactive to those bidders.

You also say you've never sold any of your collection before. Have you sold anything at all on eBay before? Having a very low or non-existent feedback rating on eBay will also tend to lower the proceeds that you get as many eBay users tend to be (understandably) wary of sellers with no track record.

Selling collectibles as a lot, in general, will tend to result in a lower final price than if you sold the items individually. Also, a lot of potential buyers for this type item may already have one or more of the dios, and hence having them bundled would not be attactive to those bidders.

You also say you've never sold any of your collection before. Have you sold anything at all on eBay before? Having a very low or non-existent feedback rating on eBay will also tend to lower the proceeds that you get as many eBay users tend to be (understandably) wary of sellers with no track record.

I 100% agree with this post. :goodpost:

Individual sales would be your best bet. I mean, when I look at your 6 items right now, I would only want to buy 2 of them. So If I came across your for sale ad, I probably would just walk away if it was sold only as a bundle.

Oh and you could always just try to sell them here on the forum, if you don't go the ebay route.

Thanks guys. Individual sale looks the way to go then.

And that's a really good point about not selling on eBay before thus the O feedback. Might get a relative who sells plenty to place it for me.

Cheers!

Okay, so I was pretty stoked about receiving my Prometheus art book from Amazon today.:yess:

But, when I began to read it, I immediately noticed something was definitely wrong with my copy. It seems that the geniuses at the publishing company decided to put the pages in upside down (or backwards depending on how you look at it)! :mad::mad::mad:

Now, I have to flip the book over to the back cover to read it properly (and right side up). :slap

I pre~ordered my copy for $23.97 off of Amazon. I think I'm going to keep it though, as shipping it back might be a hassle for me. Plus, it wasn't that much to begin with.

Anybody else received their Prometheus art book like this or is my copy one of those rare, one of a kind F@*k ups? :dunno

I got mine today (along with the USCM Technical Manual) and it's fine.

..I would definitely get a refund/exchange it for another

I got mine today (along with the USCM Technical Manual) and it's fine.

..I would definitely get a refund/exchange it for another

Glad to hear yours is fine.

I'm having fun watching my friends read my (backwards) book and seeing each of them open it and say WTF?!?! :lol haha.. Still kinda sucks that it's still backwards though. :slap

Okay, so I was pretty stoked about receiving my Prometheus art book from Amazon today.:yess:

But, when I began to read it, I immediately noticed something was definitely wrong with my copy. It seems that the geniuses at the publishing company decided to put the pages in upside down (or backwards depending on how you look at it)! :mad::mad::mad:

Now, I have to flip the book over to the back cover to read it properly (and right side up). :slap

I pre~ordered my copy for $23.97 off of Amazon. I think I'm going to keep it though, as shipping it back might be a hassle for me. Plus, it wasn't that much to begin with.

Anybody else received their Prometheus art book like this or is my copy one of those rare, one of a kind F@*k ups? :dunno

Amazon makes it very easy to return a defective item and they give you a free return label. I would return it.

Amazon makes it very easy to return a defective item and they give you a free return label. I would return it.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll look into getting a perfect copy this time around from Amazon. :wink1:

If anyone else haven't gotten the Prometheus art book yet, I'd recommend doing so, as this book looks amazing! Beautiful pictures. Haven't had much time to read through all of the behind the scenes stuff yet but, I know that it'll be just as good as the pics.

Back