Aliens 1/6 gorman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Chris :D
So when will you be starting with Gorman?
Cheers
Patrick

More than started, I'll have first WIP photos for critique shortly.... No I don't know exactly when, this an art, not a science! :D But it is sooner rather than later. The sculpt will let me know when it is time. :naughty Then, if folks will take a look, think about it a bit and provide feedback I would greatly appreciate it.

Those of you who have followed my commissions know I like having all of your eyes to help me. Everyone sees things a little different and it gives me great insight to hear your opinions. We end up with a better sculpt and everyone can feel like they have contributed to the head because they have! And isn't it nice to be a part of the process rather than just buying some head that you didn't get to take part in? I'm telling ya, I try to provide value for your money! :D

Cool Chris!
Your Gorman Sculpt Will Rock!!
Hopefully your friend will paint them fast and good, can't wait!

Kuato will do a FANTASTIC job as always. His work just gets better and better, but I don't know what his schedule will be like then! He is in much demand..... :D

Take a look at his work here. KUATO

If Chris C. (Kuato) is super busy at the time with all the various heads I'll be sending him along with the other work we can look inti easing the burden with another painter, as well. There are some seriously talented folks around here.

Last edited:
I recently saw a revival screening of ALIENS, 35mm, original cut and spent most of the time staring at costumes.

I blame you all for this! :D

But my notice of Gorman was that the black belt that he wears on his uniform was a little more unique than I thought.

The belt appears to be black basketweave, like a police duty belt!

Others might get better shots of him after Gorman wakes up but I think mine eyes don't decieve me.

Let me know if others see the same...

I recently saw a revival screening of ALIENS, 35mm, original cut and spent most of the time staring at costumes.

I blame you all for this! :D

But my notice of Gorman was that the black belt that he wears on his uniform was a little more unique than I thought.

The belt appears to be black basketweave, like a police duty belt!

Others might get better shots of him after Gorman wakes up but I think mine eyes don't decieve me.

Let me know if others see the same...

You're right on the money. It is a basketweave type duty belt, but I'm not certain it's black...maybe a dark brown. I'd post a screen grab of it, but my primary computer's down at the moment. Anyway, it looks like he wears the same belt with both uniforms. There have been a number of police figures made by various companies, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find a similar belt for Gorman.

I found this thread drifting through the core systems, desperately in need of salvage, by the looks of it... Is there anything to report in terms of progress on the Gorman project, or are we in stand-by mode?

It seems Chris has got a lot of other things going on at the moment, but I really hope this project is still going to happen.

I found this thread drifting through the core systems, desperately in need of salvage, by the looks of it... Is there anything to report in terms of progress on the Gorman project, or are we in stand-by mode?

It seems Chris has got a lot of other things going on at the moment, but I really hope this project is still going to happen.

Well Chris is making the Gorman heads at the moment or already made them but i can't seem to get in any contact with him

Gorman is on his order page but with a photo from the film, no sculpt picture. Like so many others, it seems it waits amongst his commissions to move, be started or get updated. :huh

And what's also strange is that i can't get in any contact with him at all, he's not responding and his PM box was full.

I know he does this "on the side" but what you are saying seems to be common throughout a number of his commission threads. I really think he bit off way more than he should have taking on so many commissions at once, then juggling the order they were getting done in.

I agree. Chris sent me a PM at least a month ago telling me that he was working on the Gorman head. I have, like most of you, pre-paid him for one unpainted Gorman head sculpt.

An update would be nice....

I agree. Chris sent me a PM at least a month ago telling me that he was working on the Gorman head. I have, like most of you, pre-paid him for one unpainted Gorman head sculpt.

An update would be nice....

I haven't pre-paid for any of them as I haven't really been that impressed with any of them thus far. I have been monitoring just about all of the commission threads though as I do have this terrible 1:6 addiction and am looking to add a few of the characters that I know he is doing to my collection. I think the lack of updates, good news - bad news - whatever, really shows a lack of respect to those that did order the commission and/or prepay though. Everyone has the 1:1 get in the way of this hobby, but if you're doing some "business" on the side like this, then you need to keep everyone as informed as possible.
Just my $0.02.
:D

Back