Aliens 1/6 gorman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you know that? I didnt think he even started it yet.

So let me get this straight just so I understand...
This thread is 21 pages long (as of this post)
Alot of people are on a wait list
Some have even fronted cash
... and we haven't even seen it yet???

That sound about right?

Nice Patrick! Please take some pictures of your Hicks and Hudson from Les Walker. They're great aren't they? :confused: I got my Hicks a few days ago. I got the unpainted Hudson head from Les last year. I painted it myself. You can see it in my signature image below.

So let me get this straight just so I understand...
This thread is 21 pages long (as of this post)
Alot of people are on a wait list
Some have even fronted cash
... and we haven't even seen it yet???

That sound about right?
Yep. I havent paid and Chris is cool to make the heads anyway and wait till we see the sculpt before we commit. The waitlist is just for him to see if there's a demand for the sculpt. He's never had anyone on his waitlist that decided not to the buy the head after they saw it either so he's confident we'll all like it and want it and pay up.

Hey Guys!
Check my out Aliens NEWT Figure!
I've got the 2 heads too! (1 with rope hair and 1 with hair made from rubber)

I'm patient but I just saw this thread bumped up so hoped there might be some news about Gorman.

Great pictures Patrick (Predatortje) of your Newt from Shawn, and your Hicks and Hudson done by Les Walker! The BEST of the BEST!

Well, I have paid... and would love an update on what the latest is on this. :D

Hmmm... something don't seem right with the way this is being done. I would suggest at THE VERY LEAST, pay after you've seen the product and they begin to ship. Not pay then wait... and wait... and wait...

Hmmm... something don't seem right with the way this is being done. I would suggest at THE VERY LEAST, pay after you've seen the product and they begin to ship. Not pay then wait... and wait... and wait...

Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything they don't want to. Most folks who follow my work are aware that quality takes time. As I have mentioned a few times lately, if you want quick crap, go somewhere else. If you want professional quality of a level you aren't likely to find anywhere else at any price then I will give my all to provide just that. But it takes time and it's rather encouraging when folks have enough faith in you to put down a VERY small amount of money to help motivate the process.

And considering what goes into one of my sculpts it is a small amount of money. Especially if you are confident enough in the final product to put down a precast prepayment. That's right, I provide a rather nice discount price for my friends who are willing to prepay.

The normal price for a head is $35.00 USD plus shipping. Reasonable enough for the quality you get, but if we get at least 15 people to commit to a head then my precast discount goes into effect. $20.00 plus shipping. Not bad, eh? You simply will not find a better deal ANYWHERE for this quality. After I make a mold and start casting the price returns to the standard $35.00. It pays to get in early. I don't have to do this, I could just charge full price for every head, and maybe that's what I should do. But I've been trying to help folks out with the discount and most folks, after looking at my work, are confident that the final product will be more than worth the small investment. Believe it or not, my portrait heads actually look like the person they are supposed to look like. If you haven't taken the time to look at my work, take a moment to do so.

Sorry if that sounds arrogant. I don't mean to. But the fact is I've been around a long time, I've worked for all the big Toy companies and I'm known for my ability to nail likenesses. I'm good at what I do, that's why I've made my living at it since 1989.

And I'm not doing these customs to get rich, Lord knows. :rolleyes: I'm doing it because I give a darn about making these very cool custom figures a reality. Because I love this stuff. That's why you can get these from me for so freakin' cheap.

I you hold the opinion that "something don't seem right with the way this is being done" well that's just fine. Please, don't bother participating, it won't hurt my feelings if you go somewhere else for your custom heads. Nobody is forcing you to do anything you don't want to do.

But, for those who do want in, for those who want the best price for the best product that they actually get a chance to have a say in the creation of ( I ask for feedback and actually listen!) then this is the way it works.

Please keep abreast of all my updates in my my Sculptural Creations thread. I will have all my updates posted there as well as in their individual threads. Look for the recent updates to House, Lost Boys David, Dr. Who's Sarah Jane Smith, Maximus Armor set. More to come....

In order to streamline operations I have created a new way to purchase heads and other items.... this way it's easier for you to see what's available and make purchases and it will help me stay more organized with better record keeping!

Check it out... please keep in mind that this is a WIP, will evolve over time and not every link is working yet nor is there a link for every project yet....

Items I have for sale

Back