Aliens 1/6 gorman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'd love to see some "WIP" pics of our Lt. Gorman. :D It's okay if it's still in the rough stages too. A first glimpse would be great!

Curiously, I just read a quote in a 30 year old SciFi Novel that sums up my policy perfectly....

"Never show a client anything that isn't at least 75% done..." Except I would make it 80%.

From long experience I know that most folks would be very disappointed if not completely disheartened by seeing my work through most of it's evolution. It resembles a chaotic jumble of confusion that only I can see the potential of until very late in the process. Trust me, you'd look at me like I'm crazy! :google

When I get there I will, of course, be very happy to share and ask for your participation. That's when all of you and I will take it to it's ultimate conclusion, the refinement that will really make him "Gorman". So, keep your eyes and minds warmed up for the final dash to the finish line! :D

That sounds fair to me Chris. I did painting and drawing in college. So I know where you're coming from about that.

I look forward to seeing your 80% finished Gorman someday soon when you're ready to show him to us.

That sounds fair to me Chris. I did painting and drawing in college. So I know where you're coming from about that.

I look forward to seeing your 80% finished Gorman someday soon when you're ready to show him to us.

Won't be too much longer now that I'm working on getting through my list of projects! :D

If anyone is interested, I have new photos up of Summer Glau as River Tam from Firefly/Serenity on the Summer thread.

Nice Patrick! Please post pictures of it in your custom thread once you're done. I can't wait to see it completed. :D

Chris-Sorry to be a little nervous, but I put in for a Gorman head and sent Paypal payment back at the end of December and haven't heard anything if you've gotten it.

Any update on that and the sculpt you can give us?

Thanks.

Hey Everyone!
I hope Chris is making a good progress with sculpting!
Really excited to see a glimp of the head though!
cheers

Yeah almost!
only need to add the tray in the middle and paind it red and add the red plates on the background on the wall and add the grind filter side walks on a plate with the diorama

Sorry for jumping on this thread so late, guys.

I'd be intersted in an unpainted head (havent decided between regular and non-BD head yet) will there be spares going around after this first commission or will I have to wait for the next batch? And can it be modified to fit a BBI body?

Gorman looks like an easily customisable fig so long as you have the head and patches. Would be great to have another non-grunt fig alongside Ripley in my squad.

Found this from the Harry Harris Aliens props collection - the actual shirt worn by actor William Hope (Gorman):
shirt.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Picture!
I think my 1/6 gorman outfit looks like this though.
My Aliens Diorama is done btw, i've add pictures in the:
My aliens diorama section in the alien/predator forum.

So can I be put on the list for the $20 price?? Or was it only the first 15 people. Am I too late? Predatortje ?

And can it be modified to fit a BBI body? I think Chris is only doing non-BD heads too. Anyone got any ideas on how to make the head-bandage?

Last edited:
Hey guys!

Getting ready to get into Gorman. Here's how the official orders and payments stand.....

Gorman.jpg

To get on the official list please send PayPal payment to [email protected] and also send me an email to the same address with "Gorman" as the subject and include the following:

1) Screen name
2) Real name
3) Shipping address
4) Quantity of Gorman heads
5) Painted by Kuato Y or N (first 10 get discount)
6) Drilled neck Y or N

Precast discount price is $20.00, US shipping is $5.00 for up to 4 heads, international shipping is $7.00. Optional neck drilling is $5.00 per head.

If you wish to have Kuato paint your head DO NOT pay me for shipping. You will pay Kuato for shipping. We will pay Kuato for his services only when I send the shipment of Gorman heads to him.

I have basic reference, but does anyone have any high res closeups available? if so, please either post them here or email them to me at [email protected]. Thanks!

Back