Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any suggestions how this can be repaired :(

Before you ask I can't return it and I am in the UK :(
IMG_0063-2_zpse5fd8b79.jpg

IMG_0062_zps1aa7e165.jpg

I wonder if a repair could be done similar to how car windshield cracks are repaired. Like somehow vacuuming resin into the crack? Maybe that's a stupid idea, but it's what came to mind. PM me, I know a guy here in the US that might be able to help you if you can't get help from Sideshow directly, but I would try Sideshow first.

So sorry about that! Mine was received with little scratch & SS told me the ran out of replacement while it was still in stock! After few arguments & some facebook posting one extra body magically appeared & they asked me to destroy the one I have,,, guys u wont believe how fragile the doom is! Im afraid to repack it in case I moved out! Hope u can fix it and in worst case, some one can customize a new doom for u :)

OUCH!!!! That sucks in so many ways! Did you get it direct from SS.
No
I wonder if a repair could be done similar to how car windshield cracks are repaired. Like somehow vacuuming resin into the crack? Maybe that's a stupid idea, but it's what came to mind. PM me, I know a guy here in the US that might be able to help you if you can't get help from Sideshow directly, but I would try Sideshow first.
Sounds interesting

or you can do battle damage
Got any ideas?

I have contacted Sideshow and they forward it to the returns department even though I have had it a while and didn't buy if from them?:slap

I did see once see an Alien Cinemaquette dome removed, cleaned up and the skull painted on youtube and wondered if he could fix it. But then I would prefer to keep it in the UK

If I had the skills I would have loved to have the arms extended out or even altered to look like an alien warrior

I contacted Sideshow by Live chat and they gave me the email for returns dohhhhhhh.

I stated that I never bought it direct from Sideshow and never asked for it to be returned but I got asked both the questions from above even after describing how it broke.:slap

I asked if they had any returns where the dome was in tact but the base or arms was damaged which I as willing to pay for.

The answer was "NO"

I have also contacted a couple of well known sculptures who produce some brilliant work but they would not be able to reproduce the dome.

I don't really want to send it overseas as I would loose control of the whole thing.

I wonder if anybody received a damaged statue and was asked to destroy it instead of returning it but still has the dome part intact?

I'll buy this tomorrow. Finally. I need it for my collection.:)
What you think guys about this piece?

Last edited:
I'll buy this tomorrow. Finally. I need it for my collection.:)
What you think guys about this piece?

Despite its inaccuracy, IMO the best "The 8th passenger" maquette ever since I don't like CM's "disco dance" pose or the size of Sano's statue. If you got him for near PO price then :duff.

Yup, i want this badly but i am only willing to pay the original price. So i dont think ill be seeing this on my shelves any time soon.

Despite its inaccuracy, IMO the best "The 8th passenger" maquette ever since I don't like CM's "disco dance" pose or the size of Sano's statue. If you got him for near PO price then :duff.

Ok, thanks. I'm looking for the best representation of Alien for my collection and I think is this maquette :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This forum dont have much pictures of this maquette with anothers PFs. Please fellow post some pics!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back