Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly:that's the part about this piece that bothers me the most.

That weird finger bend is them taking the idea that the Alien has 2 thumbs on each hand to the extreme -- I liked the fact that the second thumb nevr actually bent like one in the movie - but this is how they sculpted it ... like the dude actually has 4 thumbs...2 on opposite sides of each hand -- I prefer the cm pose, but I like the finish and details on the maq

That said - I ordered themaq on the first day at sideshow since I had some points I could use on it, and I have the cm, so it'd be a nice complementary display...

Finally pulled the trigger. Hope the product would look as good as the pictures we have seen so far.

I'm waiting for and ES before I lay down $$$ for this one. Looks awesome though.

sold my alien warrior maquette this week so my collection needs a new alien statue, maybe i'll buy this one but would like to see some in-hand pictures first

Was just coming over to post the edition size myself. Seems like a lot, but I'm still extremely happy to have this chap on order.

that's even more than the combined P1 maquette. Considering most hate the pose, this should be available for awhile. :monkey1

that's even more than the combined P1 maquette. Considering most hate the pose, this should be available for awhile. :monkey1

A while ? This should be around for the next 100 years ! The Warrior is still available with an ES of 750 and a lot of people say they prefer that one.

A while ? This should be around for the next 100 years ! The Warrior is still available with an ES of 750 and a lot of people say they prefer that one.

:lol

Ha ha.. Yeah, I may get it if its around in a year from now. But I really want to is wait and see what Ridley Scott's "Prometheus" will bring us. Sideshow is sure to get the license. I'd like another shot at an Alien 1/1 bust from that film. :rock

:lol

Ha ha.. Yeah, I may get it if its around in a year from now. But I really want to is wait and see what Ridley Scott's "Prometheus" will bring us. Sideshow is sure to get the license. I'd like another shot at an Alien 1/1 bust from that film. :rock

I have a 1:1, but the wrong one :lol...it's the HCG. It's not bad but nothing spectacular either. I did a dumb thing with this Alien maquette though. I ordered with the NRD of $80 and canceled later on ! I just didn't want to pay that much anymore for this piece. Dumb, I know :( ...strange thing is though, I noticed on my CC statement online that SS credited me $137 and I have no clue why. I'm not asking ! :lol ...I think I learnt my lesson with this NRD crap.

Kay so, 1250 is a nono for this maquette? Cause I've been considering buying it.. I guess I can always wait for in-hand shizzle though.

ES for big chap should have been 500 max , Alien is a popular franchise but this a very expensive piece so with an ES of 1250 this will be in stock for a couple of years

i'm still wondering why they changed the ES for the alien warrior from 600 to 750 :dunno

I don't care what the ES is. I'm getting one because I love it. I might actually sell my Warriors and replace it with this one. I never was a big fan of the Warrior design.

Back